Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next four games can change the season. Anyone else optimistic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love how everyone just bashes coaching and focuses on the offensive struggles and overlooks another new system and numerous rookies. Lindsay opens everything up for that side of the ball in my opinion and I'd like to see fant get the ball more consistently. But to ignore how well the defense is being coached (you do realize that's also coaching) when you factor in all the injuries. Player after player has stepped up. Outside of McManus I really have no reasoning for the subpar special teams play. I wish fangio would have let McManus boot that early long field goal last week. Without Callahan and Harris on top of all the other injuries we needed to be aggressive. Not going to crucify him over that decision tho. I think people need to look at what's transpired since 2015 instead of acting like its been forever. Four teams have won it all since we have. Compare that to other teams Detroit's won one playoff game since 57... so since 2015 First year we lost pfm who was garbage in 2015 but still pfm, and multiple key defensive players. We just miss the playoffs and that's when we lost our superbowl winning coaching staff due to health issues but let's blame elway makes sense... they try to run that d back one last time. And here we are in a true rebuild with few holes if we were relatively healthy but were young you cant argue the amount of talent on offense the oldest of them is sutton and lindsay in their third years tho. Add all that talent and a great defensive head coach who with another offseason can add more players to his system. Fangio is a good defensive evaluator. And you also look at our cap situation which is good. So let's fire elway he only brings us to superbowls 20 percent of the time since hes been gm and everyone else cause they havent won instantly. Makes sense to me

Comment

Originally posted by Tdeng88 View Post
      I love how everyone just bashes coaching and focuses on the offensive struggles and overlooks another new system and numerous rookies. Lindsay opens everything up for that side of the ball in my opinion and I'd like to see fant get the ball more consistently. But to ignore how well the defense is being coached (you do realize that's also coaching) when you factor in all the injuries. Player after player has stepped up. Outside of McManus I really have no reasoning for the subpar special teams play. I wish fangio would have let McManus boot that early long field goal last week. Without Callahan and Harris on top of all the other injuries we needed to be aggressive. Not going to crucify him over that decision tho. I think people need to look at what's transpired since 2015 instead of acting like its been forever. Four teams have won it all since we have. Compare that to other teams Detroit's won one playoff game since 57... so since 2015 First year we lost pfm who was garbage in 2015 but still pfm, and multiple key defensive players. We just miss the playoffs and that's when we lost our superbowl winning coaching staff due to health issues but let's blame elway makes sense... they try to run that d back one last time. And here we are in a true rebuild with few holes if we were relatively healthy but were young you cant argue the amount of talent on offense the oldest of them is sutton and lindsay in their third years tho. Add all that talent and a great defensive head coach who with another offseason can add more players to his system. Fangio is a good defensive evaluator. And you also look at our cap situation which is good. So let's fire elway he only brings us to superbowls 20 percent of the time since hes been gm and everyone else cause they havent won instantly. Makes sense to me
      So we should forgive him at this point for years of overlooking the need to overhaul the Offensive line? To grab a competent quarterback? To boost up our poor ST play (The Kid aside)? These are 3 major areas we have been struggling in for years and he has not once attempted to fix any of these issues? So yes, that is most definitely fireable offenses in the eyes of most Denver fans.

Don't compare us to other franchises. We are a franchise built on winning. And when we have down years, it is because we are building for years of playoff runs. Right now we have spent 5 years of losing, to build up another 5 years of losing. If you are okay with that, go be a Jets fans, we have higher standards in Denver.

Comment

I'm optimistic every week. It never ends well for me. Someday though, we'll be back on top.
        sigpic
        Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
        Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
        Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
        Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

The right GM, the right coach, and the right QB....

The team we're playing today did all 3 and they're turning it around in a year's time. Look where they were week one last year to now.

Elway has had five years since Super Bowl 50.... what coach, what QB has he had success in hiring or drafting? Has this team shown any improvement? No, it's been consistent failure.

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
            The right GM, the right coach, and the right QB....

The team we're playing today did all 3 and they're turning it around in a year's time. Look where they were week one last year to now.

Elway has had five years since Super Bowl 50.... what coach, what QB has he had success in hiring or drafting? Has this team shown any improvement? No, it's been consistent failure.
            Broncos have been looking for a QB since Elway left and apparently wouldn't know one if they had one.

Since Elway retired the Broncos have let the following QB's walk who won games :

Griese
            Plummer
            Cutler

All these QB's were more then serviceable and need defenses to win. Manning was a GIFT to the Broncos and any GM could have made it work. Elway had players reaching out to him for an opertunity to ride with the sheriff. Face it. Manning was the teams GM and yes, elways worse at drafting then Mike Shanahan was.

This team needs an over hall and it stats with the brass.Very frustrated.

Comment

Working...
            X