Block buster trade idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Block buster trade idea

I absolutely love what pieces we have on offense. Our team is young and ready to break out!! All we need? A QB to piece it all together. I like Lock but I am starting to have doubts he can put it all together. If I'm Elway I get on the phone with Houston and offer my absolute best offer and try to pry Watson away from them.

Houston is in some big trouble with zero draft capital and cap hell issues. One move they can look to rebuild and start over. What would it take? I would think that we could send Lock, James and 2 1st round picks? I would gladly give up 2 1st round picks for him all day long. Would we be able to afford him?' Von may have to be a casualty but again worth it. Realistically they wouldn't move on from him but I certainly would try.

Watson would be nice, our team really would be exciting to watch if we had a real qb. Was so excited to watch lock but he keeps getting worse and always gets tackled awkwardly, seems like he wouldn't stay healthy even if he was good.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      I absolutely love what pieces we have on offense. Our team is young and ready to break out!! All we need? A QB to piece it all together. I like Lock but I am starting to have doubts he can put it all together. If I'm Elway I get on the phone with Houston and offer my absolute best offer and try to pry Watson away from them.

Houston is in some big trouble with zero draft capital and cap hell issues. One move they can look to rebuild and start over. What would it take? I would think that we could send Lock, James and 2 1st round picks? I would gladly give up 2 1st round picks for him all day long. Would we be able to afford him?' Von may have to be a casualty but again worth it. Realistically they wouldn't move on from him but I certainly would try.
      No - we need to find out who is the "Tannenhill" out there!
      We need someone that plays with thought, heart and excecution. We probably could have had Brady if the infatuation with Lock was less.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

We need someone that plays with thought, heart and excecution. We probably could have had Brady if the infatuation with Lock was less.
        Brady went to a SB ready team that is now adding Antonio Brown. What makes you think he would have come to Denver?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

I fail to see how Watson doesn't play with any of the above attributes?? He is a superstar!! Sure he goes off script a little but so does Wilson and pretty sure you wouldn't say no to him??

Comment

Good idea, but we need more then just a QB. How about someone on defense that actually knows how to tackle. This is going to be another long season!!

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

I fail to see how Watson doesn't play with any of the above attributes?? He is a superstar!! Sure he goes off script a little but so does Wilson and pretty sure you wouldn't say no to him??
              Watson is fine but he costs a lot of cap and draft stock, without really showing that he is the difference maker

Originally posted by GMTD View Post

Brady went to a SB ready team that is now adding Antonio Brown. What makes you think he would have come to Denver?
              Do you really think that we would be out of reach of SB if we had a QB of Brady's quality with our current offensive talent?
              As much as I appreciate what Tebow did here, it was a totally different team under Manning, and seeing how how much effect he had on ex the route running of DT, the performance of Orange Julius, the O-line...I would bank that the most substantial negative in Denver is meeting Mahomes twice per year.

Comment

I wouldn't be opposed to it. We just don't seem to be able to develop QBs. Just trade for an established QB and build from there.

Comment

who is James?

I would do the trade, but I don't think Houston would. Most teams are trying to find a QB...it's typically the first and most critical piece. They have it.

Comment

It’s funny how last year we were all yelling. Get the o line fixed. And now this yer it’s get rid of lock. Wow. Anyone notice our o line play has improved. And lock has less Than 10 games under his belt. Let’s not play musical qb just now. Lock did get better in the second half when they started looking under routes. Our run game was lights out until Lindsey got helmeted. If we are hurting anywhere it’s LB. let’s get our WR core back then turn lock loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Ftblman View Post
                      Good idea, but we need more then just a QB. How about someone on defense that actually knows how to tackle. This is going to be another long season!!
                      Our defense is what kept this game from being down right embarrassing.

By the 4th qtr they were tired bc our offense was a wreck...
                      Sept. 10, 2006, [email protected] 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, [email protected] 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, [email protected] 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Comment

Originally posted by 3 amigos View Post
                        It’s funny how last year we were all yelling. Get the o line fixed. And now this yer it’s get rid of lock. Wow. Anyone notice our o line play has improved. And lock has less Than 10 games under his belt. Let’s not play musical qb just now. Lock did get better in the second half when they started looking under routes. Our run game was lights out until Lindsey got helmeted. If we are hurting anywhere it’s LB. let’s get our WR core back then turn lock loose.
                        You can go search my history comments on Lock, I was a major Lock supporter. You are absolutely right, the line has gotten extremely better so why doesn't Lock trust it? I can't even defend him on drops after this game because he wasn't putting the ball in catchable spots. I think I counted at least 7 over throws and behind throws and that was with time to do it.

Was it the weather? If he can't play in cold weather games that is a MAJOR issue because you know, Denver is a cold weather area!! Pocket presence continues to be a major issue for him. On top of the accuracy issues he continues to take stupid sacks that he can avoid. Im not typically a knee jerk fan but at this point im not seeing the difference between Rypien and Lock and that is a problem

Comment

Originally posted by 3 amigos View Post
                          In 2 games since returning from shoulder injury, Drew Lock has 0 TD, 4 INT. He is 33rd-ranked QB out of 33, with 63.3 rating and our passing offense as a whole???....

29th in TD passes
                          30th in rating
                          31st in comp pct
                          2nd-most INT
                          30th on third down
                          26th in pass yards per game
                          27th in pass yards per play

He doesn't pass the eye test and the stats prove it. He'll get this year to try to prove himself but if he can't fix it he won't be the starter here

Comment

We could have probably made a deal with O'Brien when he was making the decisions.
                            sigpic

Comment

Another potential that would come much less would be Sam Darnold ?? I'm just not in love with Lock anymore and imo, we need to consider some alternative options

Comment

Working...
                              X