Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Block buster trade idea

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

    No - we need to find out who is the "Tannenhill" out there!
    We need someone that plays with thought, heart and excecution. We probably could have had Brady if the infatuation with Lock was less.
    When Tannenhill was in Miami he was always hurt, suddenly he's Superman.

    Not sure we want to end up giving away the ranch for one piece just yet... Maybe just get all of our starters back.

    BTW, I loved the fire in Shelby at the end of the game.
    [sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      I don't like it. I really like Lock. I 5hink he has a very bright future around him. People are all panic about him most young qbs have growing pains and he is definitely experiencing them. Expecially now thay dc get tape. I think our roster has obvious holes outside of qb. ILB and Oline comes to mind. I would rather see us use the picks to build up a roster. We have a few major holes and I would like to see us at least attempt to fill them.
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

      Comment


      • #18
        For one thing....Houston fans might storm the FO if they lost Hopkins and then Watson in this short timeframe. I mean, why Hopkins in the first place??!!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

          Watson is fine but he costs a lot of cap and draft stock, without really showing that he is the difference maker



          Do you really think that we would be out of reach of SB if we had a QB of Brady's quality with our current offensive talent?
          As much as I appreciate what Tebow did here, it was a totally different team under Manning, and seeing how how much effect he had on ex the route running of DT, the performance of Orange Julius, the O-line...I would bank that the most substantial negative in Denver is meeting Mahomes twice per year.
          Wait what the hell?? He hasn't showed he is a difference maker are yoy kidding me like are you really saying this. He has never had a line or a consistent run game. See i swear some people don't watch football. Wooow. I really am I shock he is easily in the top 5 or 7 qbs in the league and ....you know what trying to explain is stupid of me. This comment speaks for itself.
          In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

          Comment


          • #20
            Broncos fans have such a high QB bar. QBs are not allowed growing pains here.

            Comment


            • #21
              Trevor Lawrence.
              I miss real Bronco football

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by RockWarrior84 View Post
                Broncos fans have such a high QB bar. QBs are not allowed growing pains here.
                Well thats the nfl for you now. People have to understand this is not the nfl of old. These contracts are a lot bigger. No more are the days you sit for years like Aaron Roger's did. And have two or three years. QBS need to be trending in the right way and if they are not then sorry. Especially if the qb is NOT a high 1st rd pick.
                In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

                Comment


                • #23
                  I’d give up a couple first, Lock, and James ( not sure why they would want him) in a heartbeat. That being said, zero chance they give up Watson. Maybe if Bill was still there.

                  I haven’t given up on Lock yet, but he is showing some Tebow type tendencies that worry me. Lock has an issue with going through his reads. It’s clear as day and the announcer mentioned it. He’s also throwing off the wrong foot. Apparently they have been practicing to prevent this but, just like with Tebow throwing motion, it reverts back to the old when in trouble.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                    I’d give up a couple first, Lock, and James ( not sure why they would want him) in a heartbeat. That being said, zero chance they give up Watson. Maybe if Bill was still there.

                    I haven’t given up on Lock yet, but he is showing some Tebow type tendencies that worry me. Lock has an issue with going through his reads. It’s clear as day and the announcer mentioned it. He’s also throwing off the wrong foot. Apparently they have been practicing to prevent this but, just like with Tebow throwing motion, it reverts back to the old when in trouble.
                    Let’s also add that JJ Watt will be released after this season. 0 dead cap and saves $15m. To continue to add why it won’t happen, Watsons dead cap would be $67m if traded or released. Safe to say he isn’t going anywhere.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

                      Wait what the hell?? He hasn't showed he is a difference maker are yoy kidding me like are you really saying this. He has never had a line or a consistent run game. See i swear some people don't watch football. Wooow. I really am I shock he is easily in the top 5 or 7 qbs in the league and ....you know what trying to explain is stupid of me. This comment speaks for itself.
                      I don't know what you would be willing to give up for a QB that loose every game against playoff caliper competition. Jake Plummer was a great QB for us and he produced more stabile results than Deshawn Watson. You do not pay huge contracts for players that at best has a Jay Cutler kind of ability to deliver - never 3 wins in a row and that spells maybe playoffs but no chance of a SB win, and you simply would be stupid if you would trade the teams future and present for a good - not great QB.

                      I don't think you have examples of teams trading their franchise QBs unless they take advantage of the other team.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by RockWarrior84 View Post
                        Broncos fans have such a high QB bar. QBs are not allowed growing pains here.
                        It is not the growing pains it is the lack of growth.
                        Look at Siemian - he misjudged speed in the NFL in his first game and learned. The first score in the wildcard game against Steelers in 2011 was a carbon copy of a play from the previous KC game where Tebow had not moved the safety. A young QB being flawed is expected, but they are supposed to learn and it is not obvious that Lock does learn, but it is way too early for a eulogy.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Texans would never do this, even with O'Brien around. Don't get me wrong Jv, this would be the perfect time to get him. I haven't given up on Lock yet, and I think it's foolish to at this point, but yes I would trade for Watson. Perhaps a more realistic consideration for us is to wait and see with Lock until season's end, and then see where we're at in the draft. Evaluate whether we should go forward with Lock or trade up for Fields. Also, perhaps consider drafting Lance. I wouldn't draft Lance until the back of the 1st at least though. I do like him more than Lynch, and possibly more than Lock coming out based on his upside. I wasn't real high on Lock coming out, but he played above my expectations through 6 starts, so maybe I'm more wary on writing him off than many others appear to be.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

                            It is not the growing pains it is the lack of growth.
                            Look at Siemian - he misjudged speed in the NFL in his first game and learned. The first score in the wildcard game against Steelers in 2011 was a carbon copy of a play from the previous KC game where Tebow had not moved the safety. A young QB being flawed is expected, but they are supposed to learn and it is not obvious that Lock does learn, but it is way too early for a eulogy.
                            I am seeing him not connecting on deep passing that he was missing in the first game. He has more ints but those are expected. He also is missing his favorite target. End of season we will know more about him.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                              Texans would never do this, even with O'Brien around. Don't get me wrong Jv, this would be the perfect time to get him. I haven't given up on Lock yet, and I think it's foolish to at this point, but yes I would trade for Watson. Perhaps a more realistic consideration for us is to wait and see with Lock until season's end, and then see where we're at in the draft. Evaluate whether we should go forward with Lock or trade up for Fields. Also, perhaps consider drafting Lance. I wouldn't draft Lance until the back of the 1st at least though. I do like him more than Lynch, and possibly more than Lock coming out based on his upside. I wasn't real high on Lock coming out, but he played above my expectations through 6 starts, so maybe I'm more wary on writing him off than many others appear to be.
                              It's a pipe dream for sure, I said in OP it's unrealistic but if I'm Elway I definitely look for some options this off-season. Lock could turn it around and I hope he does but what he's putting out there is pathetic so far......

                              It really is Collin Cowherd's fault LOL, he called Drew his "pop" guy this year.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

                                I don't know what you would be willing to give up for a QB that loose every game against playoff caliper competition. Jake Plummer was a great QB for us and he produced more stabile results than Deshawn Watson. You do not pay huge contracts for players that at best has a Jay Cutler kind of ability to deliver - never 3 wins in a row and that spells maybe playoffs but no chance of a SB win, and you simply would be stupid if you would trade the teams future and present for a good - not great QB.

                                I don't think you have examples of teams trading their franchise QBs unless they take advantage of the other team.
                                But you want someone like Ryan over watson. When everyone knows Henry is the reason he is there. Watson has no line, no run game and battles to get then in the playoffs. They def sucks a qb can only do so much. To even think of putting Jake plumber in the same sentence as watson shows me a lot. He had them up in the playoffs over kc by like 20 pts the def loss that game....you clearly don't watch watson. You go look at stats online and pass judgment. With the exception of small handful of teams watson will start on almost all of them and that says a lot.

                                Sorry completely disagred. Outside of Elway if watson was here he would be the best qb denver ever seen..
                                In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X