Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Block buster trade idea

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post

    Let’s also add that JJ Watt will be released after this season. 0 dead cap and saves $15m. To continue to add why it won’t happen, Watsons dead cap would be $67m if traded or released. Safe to say he isn’t going anywhere.
    I agree not saying I want watson bc I don't but wouldn't be mad if he came. But if anyone trys to down play watson....im going to speak on it.
    In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

      I agree not saying I want watson bc I don't but wouldn't be mad if he came. But if anyone trys to down play watson....im going to speak on it.
      I’d take Watson in a heartbeat. Even if that means giving up three 1st, lock, and other later picks. Watson would take this young talented offense and help achieve it reaching its full potential. Plus, he can mask our Oline issues at times.

      Comment


      • #33
        Instead of Watson, we should be talking about Dak. While I do not think Dak is as good as Watson (debatable) he would still be extremely dangerous with our weapons. Dallas will be getting a high draft pick at this rate, and they don’t seem to be willing to give Dak a long term deal. I can see them letting him walk. If by some chance denver was interested though, this would most likely be the end of Von Miller with us because we would need to free money up quickly.

        Comment


        • #34
          With the trade deadline coming soon.....Tuesday, November 3rd, no later than 4 p.m. EST, I would not be surprised to see some pretty talented players move. Hearing names like Gilmore, one of the games best players. Maybe Will Fuller. Per this thread, do we entertain a player who can help us in the long term....for a decent price? I'm always up for a good deal, if there's one to be had.

          If Gilmore gets traded then I can almost sense the pats are doing the unlikely, QB hunting in the draft!!

          Comment


          • #35
            Good grief, the Texans ain’t trading Watson! If we’re making fantasy trades, why Watson? Why not Russell Wilson or Patrick Mahomes?

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
              Good grief, the Texans ain’t trading Watson! If we’re making fantasy trades, why Watson? Why not Russell Wilson or Patrick Mahomes?
              Because they are a team in termoil, and it's just a fun and simple discussion.....

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

                In 2 games since returning from shoulder injury, Drew Lock has 0 TD, 4 INT. He is 33rd-ranked QB out of 33, with 63.3 rating and our passing offense as a whole???....

                29th in TD passes
                30th in rating
                31st in comp pct
                2nd-most INT
                30th on third down
                26th in pass yards per game
                27th in pass yards per play

                He doesn't pass the eye test and the stats prove it. He'll get this year to try to prove himself but if he can't fix it he won't be the starter here
                This is really weird. I remember reading somewhere before the season started that Lock was rated as the worst starting QB in the league. At the time I thought there was no way that could be the case. Obviously, I was incorrect......

                Comment


                • #38
                  Starting to wonder when people will start to realize we have much bigger issues on this team offensively than the QB.

                  We could land Rodgers and I am not sure if we would start to find ourselves in the top 20 scoring offense. We the team gets as serious about the offensive line as ideas like this thread and many other opinions I have seen are about the QB than we can start building this team.

                  Right now the OL play is approaching average....for the first time in a very long time. We were really good in the run blocking a couple years ago but even than the coaches never really leveraged it like I see good offensive minds do in the NFL.

                  I am not sure if our offensive coaching is better this year than last year even with all the experience added.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                    Starting to wonder when people will start to realize we have much bigger issues on this team offensively than the QB.

                    We could land Rodgers and I am not sure if we would start to find ourselves in the top 20 scoring offense. We the team gets as serious about the offensive line as ideas like this thread and many other opinions I have seen are about the QB than we can start building this team.

                    Right now the OL play is approaching average....for the first time in a very long time. We were really good in the run blocking a couple years ago but even than the coaches never really leveraged it like I see good offensive minds do in the NFL.

                    I am not sure if our offensive coaching is better this year than last year even with all the experience added.
                    Oh my here is yet another fix the oline thats the bigger issue. Rather we are giving up sacks or not giving them up people will say its the line. I think they gave up what 1 sack last game....we will go with what you said.
                    In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

                      But you want someone like Ryan over watson. When everyone knows Henry is the reason he is there. Watson has no line, no run game and battles to get then in the playoffs. They def sucks a qb can only do so much. To even think of putting Jake plumber in the same sentence as watson shows me a lot. He had them up in the playoffs over kc by like 20 pts the def loss that game....you clearly don't watch watson. You go look at stats online and pass judgment. With the exception of small handful of teams watson will start on almost all of them and that says a lot.

                      Sorry completely disagred. Outside of Elway if watson was here he would be the best qb denver ever seen..
                      No, I did not write that I would take Ryan Tannehill over Watson. I wrote that trading away the best part of the next three drafts to get Watson would be stupid, because Watson is clearly not good enough on his own to elevate a team from a bottom performer to a top performer, and the draft stock is simply not worth it.

                      Irrespective of what pedistal you put Watson on, is is clear that he is not able to win against top level competition (they have had a tough schedule), and that will sink the ship if you trade everything we have going to get someone that is not good enough to compensate, and sorry to claim that Watson would be better than 2012-2014 Peyton Manning is absurd.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by RockWarrior84 View Post
                        Broncos fans have such a high QB bar. QBs are not allowed growing pains here.
                        Don't you know all QBs become HoFers in 9 starts or less! Time to throw Lock away he has had his 9 starts!

                        PM went 3-13 his first 16 games with a horrible rating and more Ints than TDs. Why did they let him keep playing another year!
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

                          No, I did not write that I would take Ryan Tannehill over Watson. I wrote that trading away the best part of the next three drafts to get Watson would be stupid, because Watson is clearly not good enough on his own to elevate a team from a bottom performer to a top performer, and the draft stock is simply not worth it.

                          Irrespective of what pedistal you put Watson on, is is clear that he is not able to win against top level competition (they have had a tough schedule), and that will sink the ship if you trade everything we have going to get someone that is not good enough to compensate, and sorry to claim that Watson would be better than 2012-2014 Peyton Manning is absurd.
                          Lol that entire piece was very comical. Please tell me how his he not good enough??? Please again 4 straight games with with 300 + yrd and 2 td....in that 4 game spand only 2 ints. 15 tds and 5 ints all year. With injuries too. The only pedestal I put him on is the one he rightfully deserves to be on. Now u don't want Watson but I'm not gonna let people down play him in any way. He is a top 7 qb in this league and you acting like he is a e bus joker. You "CLEARLY" A highlights on espn watcher that don't watch the entire game. But is ok. You will learn the game.
                          In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

                            Oh my here is yet another fix the oline thats the bigger issue. Rather we are giving up sacks or not giving them up people will say its the line. I think they gave up what 1 sack last game....we will go with what you said.
                            Recently things have gotten better but if we made a chart for the most amount of horrible plays by position I am pretty sure the OL would have two spots on the top 5 list. RT and C has a lot of bad plays this season. It would also surprise people how far the guards are up on that list.

                            The offense will not score if the OL is failing its job. Mobile QBs and quick thinking Qbs can ease some of the pain but the offense will always have limitations. Broncos fans from the 80s have seen what a great QB will be limited by with even average offensive talent with a lot of heart. If we had a great QB we may make the playoffs but until we fix this horrible offense a Ring is a pipe dream.

                            There are some coaches who would even make a case that until we get least average on the OL we will never be able to develop a QB.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Hadez View Post

                              Recently things have gotten better but if we made a chart for the most amount of horrible plays by position I am pretty sure the OL would have two spots on the top 5 list. RT and C has a lot of bad plays this season. It would also surprise people how far the guards are up on that list.

                              The offense will not score if the OL is failing its job. Mobile QBs and quick thinking Qbs can ease some of the pain but the offense will always have limitations. Broncos fans from the 80s have seen what a great QB will be limited by with even average offensive talent with a lot of heart. If we had a great QB we may make the playoffs but until we fix this horrible offense a Ring is a pipe dream.

                              There are some coaches who would even make a case that until we get least average on the OL we will never be able to develop a QB.
                              Never seen so many excuses. Every qb can say it's bc of the line.....but I guess thats what we have come to. Last 10 years I been hearing about the line until manning got here and his skills covered it up when he is gone....oline again.
                              In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

                                Never seen so many excuses. Every qb can say it's bc of the line.....but I guess thats what we have come to. Last 10 years I been hearing about the line until manning got here and his skills covered it up when he is gone....oline again.
                                Well when a turnstile would have slowed down the rusher just as much as the offensive guy trying to "block" than the QB has a point. Actually in some cases when we go back and look at the play I think a turnstile would have been more effective as it seems our offensive guy was more of a "fan" than a "player" on that play.

                                For whatever reason we been seeing a lot of that from a lot of different players even in 2015 when we won the Super Bowl it was an issue.

                                It is actually starting to remind me of when our defense was so bad from the end of Shanahan era to the end of the McD days. Probably because we changed defensive coaching as much than as we do offensive coaching now.
                                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X