Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qbronco
    replied
    This is not a popular opinion because of what he has meant to the organization, but Elway needs to go.

His decision-making the past five years has set the Broncos up for failure the likes that has not been seen in fifty years. That is why I keep hoping for new ownership that will be willing to come in and clean house, especially, in the front office.

I know Elway will not be fired by the “trust” so he either needs to retire or be forced to leave by new ownership. Thank you, John Elway, for all that you have done, but it is now time for you to retire.

Leave a comment:

• L.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    The offensive rankings and QB struggles are consistent with a franchise that has not retained an OC since Kubiak left. Elway's excuse for Paxton Lynch was that Lynch was drafted for Kubiak's system and then he got lost in the system changes. If that was the case, you have to wonder why they did not retain Rick Dennison to carry on with Kubiak's offense. After all, Vance Joseph himself worked with Kubiak and Dennison in Houston.

In 2017, the OC was McCoy and in 2018 it was Musgrave. After drafting Drew Lock, Elway said it was important to give him some continuity. Well, that did not happen. Scangarello fired after one season, now Shurmur is already feeling the heat. No lesson learned.

When the Broncos hired a rookie OC, which already implies early growing pains for a long-term potential, and then fired him after one season, that says it all. Clueless. Now they hired the "veteran", "experienced" OC and look at the results. The franchise can't make a decision on a system, OC, QB... At some point, you have to think maybe the problem is somewhere else, as in the inability to be patient and build something.

Keep being like the Browns and see where this will end.
    Because Elway doesn't like Dennison, and this was the sticking point when Kubes was going to return as our OC --he wanted Rick to be his OL coach. Elway said no, so Kubes went to Minn and Rick went with him.

Dennison was never a very good nor creative OC and there were a lot of complaints about his play-calling here. He struggled in his one year in Buffalo too leaving a 29th ranked O.

I agree that the perpetual, annual coordinator carousel has to stop. We saw the same thing with DC's under Shanahan and the D only got worse.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post

The Titans game was lost in large part due to incompetence from the head coach.

That’s a problem.

I don’t think a coaching change is necessarily a good idea at this point, but it might be, at the end of the season.

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    The offensive rankings and QB struggles are consistent with a franchise that has not retained an OC since Kubiak left. Elway's excuse for Paxton Lynch was that Lynch was drafted for Kubiak's system and then he got lost in the system changes. If that was the case, you have to wonder why they did not retain Rick Dennison to carry on with Kubiak's offense. After all, Vance Joseph himself worked with Kubiak and Dennison in Houston.

In 2017, the OC was McCoy and in 2018 it was Musgrave. After drafting Drew Lock, Elway said it was important to give him some continuity. Well, that did not happen. Scangarello fired after one season, now Shurmur is already feeling the heat. No lesson learned.

When the Broncos hired a rookie OC, which already implies early growing pains for a long-term potential, and then fired him after one season, that says it all. Clueless. Now they hired the "veteran", "experienced" OC and look at the results. The franchise can't make a decision on a system, OC, QB... At some point, you have to think maybe the problem is somewhere else, as in the inability to be patient and build something.

I do think changing offensive coaching all the time is one of the big reasons our offensive problems are so deep. At this point the offense is a huge rebuilding project that is going to take years.

At this point in 2020 I wish we would have kept our offensive coaches from 2019....I really do not like what I am seeing from the offense this year. With that said we need to stop changing it up every year or we will never get better because I do not think there is a coach in the world who can actually fix this in 1 year who would even take this job.

Think we just need to get back to some of the basics of running an offense. Allow all of these young guys to do basic plays...keep things simple and straight forward. We need to learn to crawl and walk as an offensive team before we try to get into Stars Wars mode.
    Last edited by Hadez; 10-30-2020, 05:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    We all want to be better but the 4 losses this year have come against teams that are a combined 22-3. Those teams are all seriously looking to win a Ring this year.

Anyone who came into 2020 thinking we were realistically going to be beating contenders was drinking too much of the orange kool aid. Yea I was maybe hoping we could have went 1-3 in those kind of games...shoot maybe 2-2 would have been really nice. We have been real bad for a real long time. Our offense has been horrible since we won the Super Bowl and the defense carried us. This is real life people...this is the NFL

This is before we start talking about missing our best player on offense....our best player on defense and a huge amount of other starter and key role player injuries.
    The Titans game was lost in large part due to incompetence from the head coach.

That’s a problem.

I don’t think a coaching change is necessarily a good idea at this point, but it might be, at the end of the season.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    We all want to be better but the 4 losses this year have come against teams that are a combined 22-3. Those teams are all seriously looking to win a Ring this year.

Anyone who came into 2020 thinking we were realistically going to be beating contenders was drinking too much of the orange kool aid. Yea I was maybe hoping we could have went 1-3 in those kind of games...shoot maybe 2-2 would have been really nice. We have been real bad for a real long time. Our offense has been horrible since we won the Super Bowl and the defense carried us. This is real life people...this is the NFL

This is before we start talking about missing our best player on offense....our best player on defense and a huge amount of other starter and key role player injuries.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by darryn16 View Post

Isn't that what Denver has been doing?
    Yes, exactly

That’s why it’s been 3 straight losing seasons and counting.

Forcing continuity just for continuity is a pointless endeavor. If you made a bad choice, trying to make that bad choice work only adds to the problem. If something isn’t working, pull the plug and move on.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    If Denver is to become 2-5 and trust me that can happen because the Charges QB is the real deal then we all know that Real Changes have to be made. The firing of the OC if we continue to have to anwser why the Offense cannot pick up a a 3rd and 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 Time and Time again No Lies if Drew has yet another Clunker his Job and the OC Job needs to be on the line this is NFL in 2020 Perform or get Fired for all the amount of Money these Players make and the Coaches Time To Put Up Or Shut Up

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by darryn16 View Post

Sometimes you don’t know a decision is a bad one until you already made the decision.

It’s not easy to find a head coach or a quarterback.

It’s easier to predict failure than it is success, when it comes to professional sports.

Leave a comment:

• darryn16
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

I see this argument so often and it just doesn't make any sense. The Browns had been bad because they continually made bad decisions, then they tried to overcome them with more bad decisions. Who should've they have kept that would've made them a playoff team sooner? After Romeo Crennel was given 4 seasons and was fired in 2008, here's their list of HCs since:

Eric Mangini
    Pat Shurmur
    Rob Chudzinski
    Mike Pettine
    Hue Jackson
    Freddie Kitchens

I ask again, who on that list should they have kept? What about their QBs? Here's their leading passers since 2008 up until Mayfield was drafted:

Derek Anderson
    Brady Quinn
    Colt McCoy
    Brandon Weedon
    Jason Campbell
    Brian Hoyer
    Josh McCown
    Cody Kessler
    Deshone Kizer

So, who should they have kept? Who did they give up on too early? None of coaches or QBs have gone on to do anything in the NFL since (other than gone back to be coordinators). They made terrible decisions, that's why they sucked so long. They had to keep switching QBs and coaches because they were all terrible to begin with, sticking with any one of these guys from these lists wouldn't have changed anything.

Leave a comment:

• andrewmlb
    replied
    Just for some perspective. Our 4 losses have been to teams that have a combined record of 22-4, just FYI. I understand that we would like to lose "better" but we are losing to the best teams in the NFL. This week will be a better representation on the direction of the team.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    No way you bench Lock. Rypien is never anything more than a backup.

If he had played against any team but the Jets, the Broncos would be 1-5 right now and they would have been embarrassed in that game.

I don’t think you fire some coaches without firing them all. Fangio has proved he’s a legitimate head coach.

Leave a comment:

• darryn16
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post

Its better than last year can we agree on that? Even Bolles has held up fairly decent.
    So long as Wilkinson isn't in there. I have no idea what happened to Glasgow. I know he got hurt, but before that, you could swear he was a rookie. Even Risner is struggling. I would say they are playing the same if not a little worse......

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by L.M. View Post

If you were calling the shots this team would be 0-16 every year until you weren't.
    Yeah I am sure the same as You LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

And Look who is on that list That is right Pat Shurmur who should be held accountable for this Pathetic Offense.
    He’s about the only person from that list who was given another shot at being a head coach, and failed again....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X