2-4 Requires Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

I see this argument so often and it just doesn't make any sense. The Browns had been bad because they continually made bad decisions, then they tried to overcome them with more bad decisions. Who should've they have kept that would've made them a playoff team sooner? After Romeo Crennel was given 4 seasons and was fired in 2008, here's their list of HCs since:

Eric Mangini
    Pat Shurmur
    Rob Chudzinski
    Mike Pettine
    Hue Jackson
    Freddie Kitchens

I ask again, who on that list should they have kept? What about their QBs? Here's their leading passers since 2008 up until Mayfield was drafted:

Derek Anderson
    Brady Quinn
    Colt McCoy
    Brandon Weedon
    Jason Campbell
    Brian Hoyer
    Josh McCown
    Cody Kessler
    Deshone Kizer

So, who should they have kept? Who did they give up on too early? None of coaches or QBs have gone on to do anything in the NFL since (other than gone back to be coordinators). They made terrible decisions, that's why they sucked so long. They had to keep switching QBs and coaches because they were all terrible to begin with, sticking with any one of these guys from these lists wouldn't have changed anything.
    And Look who is on that list That is right Pat Shurmur who should be held accountable for this Pathetic Offense.

Comment

Wow! There's a lot of Bronco fans in this thread on both sides of the "problem-not a problem" fence. It's hard to accurately define what's good and what's bad. Is there actual proof for both which equates to...."It is what it is".
      Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

I am sorry however I hated the hire of PS as our OC when he just got fired from the HC position in NY LOL Why get some one else's TRASH??? That is all that PS has been calling is Trash Plays. When the running game is spot on naw lets just ignore it and go to a 3 WR set knowing that we do not even have any WR's and Throw A Bomb with a QB that cannot hit the broadside of barn and you want to dial that up LOL Come On Man !! You may like the Hire of PS I hated it from day 1 and I knew it was a mistake and it is indeed 2-4 should be 0-6 barley beating the Jets LOL and 6 FG's to beat NE LOL All of this comical. You Support him Great I want to see him Fired Even Better Have A Great Day!!
        If you were calling the shots this team would be 0-16 every year until you weren't.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

That's where you lost me.
          Its better than last year can we agree on that? Even Bolles has held up fairly decent.
          :go:

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

And Look who is on that list That is right Pat Shurmur who should be held accountable for this Pathetic Offense.
            He’s about the only person from that list who was given another shot at being a head coach, and failed again....

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

If you were calling the shots this team would be 0-16 every year until you weren't.
              Yeah I am sure the same as You LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post

Its better than last year can we agree on that? Even Bolles has held up fairly decent.
                So long as Wilkinson isn't in there. I have no idea what happened to Glasgow. I know he got hurt, but before that, you could swear he was a rookie. Even Risner is struggling. I would say they are playing the same if not a little worse......

Comment

No way you bench Lock. Rypien is never anything more than a backup.

If he had played against any team but the Jets, the Broncos would be 1-5 right now and they would have been embarrassed in that game.

I don’t think you fire some coaches without firing them all. Fangio has proved he’s a legitimate head coach.
                  You Mad Bro?

Comment

Just for some perspective. Our 4 losses have been to teams that have a combined record of 22-4, just FYI. I understand that we would like to lose "better" but we are losing to the best teams in the NFL. This week will be a better representation on the direction of the team.
                    I adopt , mod of the stars
                    I adopt , you mess with him, you answer to me
                    I adopt , my conservative elephant
                    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
                    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
                    Adopted by the Greats: , , Thanks Guys

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

I see this argument so often and it just doesn't make any sense. The Browns had been bad because they continually made bad decisions, then they tried to overcome them with more bad decisions. Who should've they have kept that would've made them a playoff team sooner? After Romeo Crennel was given 4 seasons and was fired in 2008, here's their list of HCs since:

Eric Mangini
                      Pat Shurmur
                      Rob Chudzinski
                      Mike Pettine
                      Hue Jackson
                      Freddie Kitchens

I ask again, who on that list should they have kept? What about their QBs? Here's their leading passers since 2008 up until Mayfield was drafted:

Derek Anderson
                      Brady Quinn
                      Colt McCoy
                      Brandon Weedon
                      Jason Campbell
                      Brian Hoyer
                      Josh McCown
                      Cody Kessler
                      Deshone Kizer

So, who should they have kept? Who did they give up on too early? None of coaches or QBs have gone on to do anything in the NFL since (other than gone back to be coordinators). They made terrible decisions, that's why they sucked so long. They had to keep switching QBs and coaches because they were all terrible to begin with, sticking with any one of these guys from these lists wouldn't have changed anything.
                      Isn't that what Denver has been doing?

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post

Sometimes you don’t know a decision is a bad one until you already made the decision.

It’s not easy to find a head coach or a quarterback.

It’s easier to predict failure than it is success, when it comes to professional sports.
                        You Mad Bro?

Comment

If Denver is to become 2-5 and trust me that can happen because the Charges QB is the real deal then we all know that Real Changes have to be made. The firing of the OC if we continue to have to anwser why the Offense cannot pick up a a 3rd and 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 Time and Time again No Lies if Drew has yet another Clunker his Job and the OC Job needs to be on the line this is NFL in 2020 Perform or get Fired for all the amount of Money these Players make and the Coaches Time To Put Up Or Shut Up

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post

Yes, exactly

That’s why it’s been 3 straight losing seasons and counting.

Forcing continuity just for continuity is a pointless endeavor. If you made a bad choice, trying to make that bad choice work only adds to the problem. If something isn’t working, pull the plug and move on.

Comment

We all want to be better but the 4 losses this year have come against teams that are a combined 22-3. Those teams are all seriously looking to win a Ring this year.

Anyone who came into 2020 thinking we were realistically going to be beating contenders was drinking too much of the orange kool aid. Yea I was maybe hoping we could have went 1-3 in those kind of games...shoot maybe 2-2 would have been really nice. We have been real bad for a real long time. Our offense has been horrible since we won the Super Bowl and the defense carried us. This is real life people...this is the NFL

This is before we start talking about missing our best player on offense....our best player on defense and a huge amount of other starter and key role player injuries.
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                                We all want to be better but the 4 losses this year have come against teams that are a combined 22-3. Those teams are all seriously looking to win a Ring this year.

Anyone who came into 2020 thinking we were realistically going to be beating contenders was drinking too much of the orange kool aid. Yea I was maybe hoping we could have went 1-3 in those kind of games...shoot maybe 2-2 would have been really nice. We have been real bad for a real long time. Our offense has been horrible since we won the Super Bowl and the defense carried us. This is real life people...this is the NFL

This is before we start talking about missing our best player on offense....our best player on defense and a huge amount of other starter and key role player injuries.
                                The Titans game was lost in large part due to incompetence from the head coach.

That’s a problem.

I don’t think a coaching change is necessarily a good idea at this point, but it might be, at the end of the season.

You Mad Bro?

Comment

Working...
                                X