No announcement yet.

2-4 Requires Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The offensive rankings and QB struggles are consistent with a franchise that has not retained an OC since Kubiak left. Elway's excuse for Paxton Lynch was that Lynch was drafted for Kubiak's system and then he got lost in the system changes. If that was the case, you have to wonder why they did not retain Rick Dennison to carry on with Kubiak's offense. After all, Vance Joseph himself worked with Kubiak and Dennison in Houston.

In 2017, the OC was McCoy and in 2018 it was Musgrave. After drafting Drew Lock, Elway said it was important to give him some continuity. Well, that did not happen. Scangarello fired after one season, now Shurmur is already feeling the heat. No lesson learned.

When the Broncos hired a rookie OC, which already implies early growing pains for a long-term potential, and then fired him after one season, that says it all. Clueless. Now they hired the "veteran", "experienced" OC and look at the results. The franchise can't make a decision on a system, OC, QB... At some point, you have to think maybe the problem is somewhere else, as in the inability to be patient and build something.

Keep being like the Browns and see where this will end.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

The Titans game was lost in large part due to incompetence from the head coach.

That’s a problem.

I don’t think a coaching change is necessarily a good idea at this point, but it might be, at the end of the season.

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
      The offensive rankings and QB struggles are consistent with a franchise that has not retained an OC since Kubiak left. Elway's excuse for Paxton Lynch was that Lynch was drafted for Kubiak's system and then he got lost in the system changes. If that was the case, you have to wonder why they did not retain Rick Dennison to carry on with Kubiak's offense. After all, Vance Joseph himself worked with Kubiak and Dennison in Houston.

In 2017, the OC was McCoy and in 2018 it was Musgrave. After drafting Drew Lock, Elway said it was important to give him some continuity. Well, that did not happen. Scangarello fired after one season, now Shurmur is already feeling the heat. No lesson learned.

When the Broncos hired a rookie OC, which already implies early growing pains for a long-term potential, and then fired him after one season, that says it all. Clueless. Now they hired the "veteran", "experienced" OC and look at the results. The franchise can't make a decision on a system, OC, QB... At some point, you have to think maybe the problem is somewhere else, as in the inability to be patient and build something.

I do think changing offensive coaching all the time is one of the big reasons our offensive problems are so deep. At this point the offense is a huge rebuilding project that is going to take years.

At this point in 2020 I wish we would have kept our offensive coaches from 2019....I really do not like what I am seeing from the offense this year. With that said we need to stop changing it up every year or we will never get better because I do not think there is a coach in the world who can actually fix this in 1 year who would even take this job.

Think we just need to get back to some of the basics of running an offense. Allow all of these young guys to do basic plays...keep things simple and straight forward. We need to learn to crawl and walk as an offensive team before we try to get into Stars Wars mode.
      Last edited by Hadez; 10-30-2020, 05:22 PM.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Because Elway doesn't like Dennison, and this was the sticking point when Kubes was going to return as our OC --he wanted Rick to be his OL coach. Elway said no, so Kubes went to Minn and Rick went with him.

Dennison was never a very good nor creative OC and there were a lot of complaints about his play-calling here. He struggled in his one year in Buffalo too leaving a 29th ranked O.

I agree that the perpetual, annual coordinator carousel has to stop. We saw the same thing with DC's under Shanahan and the D only got worse.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

This is not a popular opinion because of what he has meant to the organization, but Elway needs to go.

His decision-making the past five years has set the Broncos up for failure the likes that has not been seen in fifty years. That is why I keep hoping for new ownership that will be willing to come in and clean house, especially, in the front office.

I know Elway will not be fired by the “trust” so he either needs to retire or be forced to leave by new ownership. Thank you, John Elway, for all that you have done, but it is now time for you to retire.
          sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, I think everyone gets a mulligan for the year.

So that means not only do we have to put up with this wasted year, but we must also suffer through this garbage next year as well.

It's so depressing to know there's nothing to look forward to for at least a couple years.

Fire Fangio. Fire Shurmur.... and Elway has to go. I'm done with them.

Comment

(2-4 requires change.) I think we need to change our expectations, change our negative attitude, and start to support our young team and QB. And support our New coaches.
              Enjoy the competition and hope to be successful. Let the Season play out, and be happy for anything positive.

Comment

It's been 5 years since we won the Super Bowl, which was also our last playoff appearance.

It's been nothing but disappointment since, so it's not unreasonable to be negative about this organization.

Comment

It's also been 5 years since we beat the Chiefs.

Unacceptable. No excuse.

Comment

The Broncos are not very good, are they?!

Comment

I as Fan who made this Thread now saw that 2-4 Did require change and they did it by now becoming 3-4 Way To Go !!
                      Last edited by DENVERSB50CHAMP; 11-02-2020, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                        2-5 Requires Change Right Like Benching Your 2nd Round QB who turns out is NOT the answer LOL and Firing Your Lame Duck OC Pat Sucks Shemurrrrrr Who was fired in Cleveland and NY LOL only to be hired here LOL 😂 Denver is a bottom 5 team time to draft a Real QB and hire a real OC.
                        He was fired in NYC and Cleveland as a head coach. He worked his way upto head coach by being a good coordinator. There are people who are good coordinator and bad hc. Thats what Shurmur was suppose to be. But his offense has been meh so far.
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm
                        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

3 and 4 sounds so much better, especially when down 21 points well into the 3rd. That might end up being a turning point in the season. If nothing else, it proves to the guys that they can do it, and it may provide the confidence and momentum to actually make this a winning season.

Comment

I posted in another thread (or maybe this one), the problem with the Browns was they continued to hire the wrong coaches and pick the wrong players. They never had any continuity because they never had the people in place worth keeping. If you pick the wrong people like the Broncos have been doing, trying to force continuity only adds to the problem. Why stick with a lame duck coach or QB for years when it's clear from the beginning they're not answer?

For example, sticking with VJ for a second season when it obvious he was bad pick led to another wasted year with Keenum in 2018. This rebuild they're going through now should've started in 2018, but they didn't because VJ was told win or else, he should've been fired at the end of 2017, there was no chance it was going to work giving him another year. They were forcing continuity for the sake of continuity.

Until the right people are put in place, the losses will continue to add up, regardless how often changes are made. The win yesterday was something I don't think happens over the last few years, maybe it's a sign they're starting to turn the corner, at least gives us some hope.

Comment

Yesterday's game looked pretty horrible to about halfway through the 3rd quarter. The players didn't give up and won in spite of being in a big hole on the scoreboard. There were two losses that didn't look good and two that were close in which the players played hard and didn't give up. They have won three of the last four games. Regardless of what happens on the scoreboard in future games, what may matter most will be observing how the players play. If they keep playing like they did yesterday, it might not be a good idea to make the kind of changes some in this thread are proposing.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

We need a "change" "don't change" chart!

Here's my risky assessment:

0 and 16 - "change".

I'll get back to you later if I add more.

Comment

Working...
                                X