X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Bolles get re-signed

Mike Klis @MikeKlis

Here’s something. Garett Bolles is No 1 LT in league as graded out by PFF

There is no question he turned his game around and I have to think that Munchak gets a lot of credit too. For all the heat he took he clearly has taken that as fuel and is crushing it!! Congratulations to Bolles for changing his future and I for one hope they can work something out

Can we sign him mid season. If yes. We need to get him while he is playing. Not at end of year. If not he will get much more money thrown at him than we can or should pay him. Remember we still need to pay Phillip and Sutton. Plus Chubb is gonna need paid too.

Comment

Glad to see turn around. He needs paid now and extended before stock shoots up and we can afford him. He just wants security IMO. A nice size extension that is very very team friendly but does not tie us down if this is a 1 year blip. 2020 has already fooled me enough times this year.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
        Mike Klis @MikeKlis

Here’s something. Garett Bolles is No 1 LT in league as graded out by PFF

There is no question he turned his game around and I have to think that Munchak gets a lot of credit too. For all the heat he took he clearly has taken that as fuel and is crushing it!! Congratulations to Bolles for changing his future and I for one hope they can work something out

exactly why no one should buy into PFF grades for Olinemen....
        sigpic

Comment

In the interest of fairness, the way holding is being called this season has a LOT to do with his "improvement".

Comment

Well, according to Paul Alexander, Cushenberry is the worst center in the league. So Munchak has work to do there.

Good for Bolles. If the Broncos agree with PFF, of course Bolles gets re-signed. It should be a prove it deal, even if it’s a multi-year contract.
            You Mad Bro?

Comment

I hope we can sign him to a reasonable contract, if not look in free agency for a decent replacement, or draft some more O-linemen.
              (Which we need to do all the time anyway, moving forward)

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Bozack View Post
                In the interest of fairness, the way holding is being called this season has a LOT to do with his "improvement".
                Holding calls across the league are down 56% compared to last season. That's a huge difference.

Comment

He’s been really consistent this year. I don’t know the stats but I wouldn’t be surprised if we average the most yards running to the left side too.

He played well vs Frank Clark In the KC Game
                  -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Happy to see him succeed but I’m not ready to throw multi years top five LT money at him yet. I’d rather spend a little more next year and FT him and see if he can repeat the year. 1 real good year doesn’t erase 3 real bad years.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                      Happy to see him succeed but I’m not ready to throw multi years top five LT money at him yet. I’d rather spend a little more next year and FT him and see if he can repeat the year. 1 real good year doesn’t erase 3 real bad years.
                      Rather see an extension like Wolfe got rather than a high priced tag at him. Team friend like 10 top money.

Comment

You don't go cheap with decent LT's. Pay him and it's one less concern. The team still doesn't have a starter quality RT because they keep trying to find diamonds among a pile of rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by RockWarrior84 View Post

Rather see an extension like Wolfe got rather than a high priced tag at him. Team friend like 10 top money.
                          You are assuming he takes a team friendly deal. If he finished on tops of LT in the league why would you take a pay cut to a team that was realistically prob going to let you walk after this year. Especially when they didn’t assign the 5th year option. If James can get the highest paid RT I think Bolles can do the same at LT, especially with how he is playing now. Are you okay with giving Bolles $16m + for at least 4 years or have him play on the FT for around $15m for one year knowing you get to see if he can repeat success and then attempt to sign him long term next year. If I can slap another tag on him after that I would. Dude will already be turning 30 after his first FT

Comment

Bolles should keep playing lights out while the rest of the Oline fails and then go into the offseason with all the leverage. He shouldn't give the Broncos any deals.

Comment

Originally posted by Narco View Post
                              You don't go cheap with decent LT's. Pay him and it's one less concern. The team still doesn't have a starter quality RT because they keep trying to find diamonds among a pile of rubbish.
                              agreed. once we find a decent one, we should pay him....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X