Does Bolles get re-signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post

Yea until he possible reverts to his previous 3 season. They it becomes the worst signing.

This makes zero sense to me. Why not FT him and see if this years Bolles is legit.
    There will always be these doubters. No matter how much better he gets, people just won't believe it.

Why can't you just give the guy credit? He took A LOT of criticism and worked hard during the offseason and did everything he could while remaining durable and he made his dream come true. Just be happy for him, the money isn't coming out of your pocket!
    Last edited by haciendadad; 11-28-2020, 07:38 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManhattanBronco View Post

That’s a dangerous game... you’re assuming he would revert back. If he stayed at the same level of play we’re seeing now, he would command top LT money ($20M+ a year). If he regresses slightly, we’re still signing the same deal.

There is a chance he regresses, but he’s trending in a positive direction so this seems like a smart move to me. I’ve been on Team Bolles since Day 1 - Happy for the big fella!
      I get it and I am
      happy for the dude. He took a lot of crap over the last 3 years, a lot he deserved. I am just hoping he continues to play well through the contract. I just don’t see why you wouldn’t put the FT on him and see if he can repeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
        17$ million annual, so he's paid less than David, Tunsil, and Lane.
        I don't see Bolles with that kind of an ego, being the 4th top LT when 10 years ago he wasn't even playing football and his life was spiraling downward. Now he has setup all his future generations. So, I think he is sleeping pretty good tonight knowing he isn't ahead of David, Tunsil and Lane.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post

I get it and I am
          happy for the dude. He took a lot of crap over the last 3 years, a lot he deserved. I am just hoping he continues to play well through the contract. I just don’t see why you wouldn’t put the FT on him and see if he can repeat.
          So let’s say we franchise him. He repeats his elite performance. If we play the “wait and see” strategy like we are with Simmons right now, we wouldn’t be allowed to negotiate an extension with a hypothetically-franchise-tagged Bolles until 2022. That is a lot of time for the market to be reset where the top 5 highest-paid tackles by then could be creeping into the $21-22M annual salary range. So pay Bolles for his elite play now for $17M/year or make him “prove it” and possibly have to extend him to a much more expensive deal later (or he could entertain the FA market).
          2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
          Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Cool that he got resigned but.. 17 MILLION A YEAR? isnt that kind of high? crazy how much we now have wrapped up in this so-so oline. sure James opted out but still. this much invested in it, youd think it would be much better

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotst View Post
              Cool that he got resigned but.. 17 MILLION A YEAR? isnt that kind of high? crazy how much we now have wrapped up in this so-so oline. sure James opted out but still. this much invested in it, youd think it would be much better
              Considering how well Bolles is being rated, we got him on a bargain. He's rated as the best tackle in the game this season...He's the 4th highest paid tackle. He took less money and likely did that because he wants to stay and wants to help the team save money for use elsewhere.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                So let’s say we franchise him. He repeats his elite performance. If we play the “wait and see” strategy like we are with Simmons right now, we wouldn’t be allowed to negotiate an extension with a hypothetically-franchise-tagged Bolles until 2022. That is a lot of time for the market to be reset where the top 5 highest-paid tackles by then could be creeping into the $21-22M annual salary range. So pay Bolles for his elite play now for $17M/year or make him “prove it” and possibly have to extend him to a much more expensive deal later (or he could entertain the FA market).
                Fans are so quick to save a buck rather than seeing if it truly pans out. I really hope that I’m arguing for no reason and he continues to kill it. But if he reverts back to old Bolles, the Bolles that we have seen for 3 years not just the 10 real good games, the same fans saying this was a great deal will complain about why we gave this guy this deal. I’d rather pay someone the big bucks knowing he’s legit than try to get a bargain deal and guess if he will repeat.

Comment

• Just saw this on a social media feed. Good enough, glad it's done. Now draft a guy next year that can compete for the starting RT spot.
                  Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• The first offensive tackle selected in the 2017 draft
                    was Garrett Bolles at 20. Ryan Ramczyk was the next
                    OT selected at 32 whose 5th-year option is $11.064M.

The Broncos second-round and third-round selections
                    were DeMarcus Walker (51) and Carlos Henderson (82).

Current OL contracts
                    LT Bolles 4 / 68
                    LG Risner 4 / 7.1
                    OC Cushenburry 4 / 4.7
                    RG Glasgow 4 / 44
                    RT James 4 / 51

Comment

• Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                      The first offensive tackle selected in the 2017 draft
                      was Garrett Bolles at 20. Ryan Ramczyk was the next
                      OT selected at 32 whose 5th-year option is $11.064M.

The Broncos second-round and third-round selections
                      were DeMarcus Walker (51) and Carlos Henderson (82).

Current OL contracts
                      LT Bolles 4 / 68
                      LG Risner 4 / 7.1
                      OC Cushenburry 4 / 4.7
                      RG Glasgow 4 / 44
                      RT James 4 / 51
                      Develop Muti to take over for Glasgow and draft a RT to bump James next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post

i don't think Glasgow has the length or athletic ability to play RT. he has played Gaurd or Center sense college for a reason i feel.
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm
                        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

I'm all for developing Muti and drafting James' replacement.
                          Although, if Bolles can turn it around then maybe James can too.

Given his salary, Glasgow would most likely replace Cushenberry at center.

As much as I want OT in round 1, as of now
                          I'd prefer QB (Lance), CB (Adebo), or WR (Waddle).

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

i don't think Glasgow has the length or athletic ability to play RT. he has played Gaurd or Center sense college for a reason i feel.
                            I'm saying make two moves:

1) develop Muti as Glasgow's eventual replacement
                            2) draft a player next year who shows an ability to start at RT as a rookie

Comment

• Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

I'm all for developing Muti and drafting James' replacement.
                              Although, if Bolles can turn it around then maybe James can too.

Given his salary, Glasgow would most likely replace Cushenberry at center.

As much as I want OT in round 1, as of now
                              I'd prefer QB (Lance), CB (Adebo), or WR (Waddle).
                              We've got Glasgow on a contract through 2023 and it doesn't make financial sense to cut him until at least 2022. If we can get a strong interior O-line going between Risner/Cush/Glasgow/Muti over the next few years with Glasgow eventually being a depth guy then I'm happy. Risner will be the first of the noobs to need a new contract (rookie deal through 2022) so we'll see what happens then. Next year is pretty deep at the OT position so if what we need is a RT rather than just 'a Tackle' then I think we don't have to get a guy in the 1st.

Comment

I'm saying make two moves:

1) develop Muti as Glasgow's eventual replacement
                                2) draft a player next year who shows an ability to start at RT as a rookie
                                oh i miss read that. i think Muti could develop into a really good gaurd. i also think Glasgow is struggling more then normal and Cush doesn't have the functional strength to play center in the nfl. i am more looking towards next year. having a year in the nfl and an offseason should majorly help Cush, i expect a major from rookie to year 2 for Cush
                                sigpic
                                oakland raders gm
                                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Working...
                                X