No announcement yet.

Does Bolles get re-signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope it’s easy to bail on him, if he reverts back to form.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?

Comment

• I think its a good thing to develop and keep our drafted players, if possible and worthwhile.

Comment

• Good for Bolles. He has made me eat a huge pile of crow. Great to seem him develop and get better. Now he should be set for life financially.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
          I hope it’s easy to bail on him, if he reverts back to form.
          I’m more concerned with how the Broncos find a way to bail on RT James’ $13m per ( for two more seasons) contract.

Not sure they can, that is troubling!

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post

Yea until he possible reverts to his previous 3 season. They it becomes the worst signing.

This makes zero sense to me. Why not FT him and see if this years Bolles is legit.
            Maybe because of next year's lowered salary cap??? Not sure we are going to see many franchise tagged players next season. I like the move personally, it shows the team is committed to players that improve. Reward players that progress, that's what teams are supposed to do....

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
              I hope it’s easy to bail on him, if he reverts back to form.
              it is why I want to see guaranteed money and yearly cap hits.

The reported yearly average by either side (team or agent) can be misleading.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

I’m more concerned with how the Broncos find a way to bail on RT James’ $13m per ( for two more seasons) contract.

Well we have 18-19 mil in cap space depending on what site one wants to believe. Depending on how things work between now and first days (weeks) of new league year one of my dream goals is we roll our cap over to 2021 and cut James dealing with the cap hit. While this is my dream scenario I do not think it is likely as the cap it going down and until the world starts getting back to normal it is probably going to continue to go down imo. Some teams may start to be more conservative with their cap planning.
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

The only way to bail on him in 2021 is by trade or if he retires. Other than that, he's likely the starting RT for the Broncos in 2021 because his salary is guaranteed. The good news is the other 4 starters will be the same as this year, so some continuity may help build more consistency. And if James plays like he can, the line next year could be pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

The only way to bail on him in 2021 is by trade or if he retires. Other than that, he's likely the starting RT for the Broncos in 2021 because his salary is guaranteed. The good news is the other 4 starters will be the same as this year, so some continuity may help build more consistency. And if James plays like he can, the line next year could be pretty good.
                    I am not as optimistic of James willingness to “play like he can”.

Maybe I’m being unfair but I don’t see James as a player that returns after two years off in great shape and motivated to prove how wrong everyone is about his competitive nature.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Comment

I am not as optimistic of James willingness to “play like he can”.

Maybe I’m being unfair but I don’t see James as a player that returns after two years off in great shape and motivated to prove how wrong everyone is about his competitive nature.

Hope he proves me wrong.

From what I have seen of James before this summer he is the kind of guy who gets cleared to play medically and still will not play. We have seen these types of guys over the years. Their stay in the NFL is short more often than not.

Before this summer I saw him as the kind of guy who wants to get a payday then take his money and run. People change...maybe I got it wrong...personally I think we should do whatever it takes to get him off the team asap. The NFL is a hard place to win and imo having a guy like this around makes it more difficult to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

From what I have seen of James before this summer he is the kind of guy who gets cleared to play medically and still will not play. We have seen these types of guys over the years. Their stay in the NFL is short more often than not.

Before this summer I saw him as the kind of guy who wants to get a payday then take his money and run. People change...maybe I got it wrong...personally I think we should do whatever it takes to get him off the team asap. The NFL is a hard place to win and imo having a guy like this around makes it more difficult to win.
                        For next season (2021) he is cheaper on the team than off the team ... his dead money is 19M while his cap hit is 13M so there really is no choice but to have him on the team. IR would possibly be the best situation for the Broncos since then they could use his roster spot for some one else. All they can really do is hope he plays and plays well in 2021. In 2022 they can cut him with "only" 6M in dead money.
                        sigpic

Comment

• There is no need to bail on James....draft a 2nd, 3rd round RT to develop and roll with James......1st round CB please

Comment

• Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post

For next season (2021) he is cheaper on the team than off the team ... his dead money is 19M while his cap hit is 13M so there really is no choice but to have him on the team. IR would possibly be the best situation for the Broncos since then they could use his roster spot for some one else. All they can really do is hope he plays and plays well in 2021. In 2022 they can cut him with "only" 6M in dead money.
                            I do see the value in your comment specially with the cap going down with the cap hit being spread over multiple years. IMO the dynamic cap situation is going to have a much bigger impact on decisions (and already has for those paying attention) than is currently being given credit.

The Broncos are currently set to rollover 18-19 mil in cap space. They could eat the cap hit depending on what else is going on with the roster. I doubt anyone in the Broncos currently views James as the negative contributor that I see him as though. I get this is only my dream and not likely to happen.

Comment

• How happy are people with Bolles contract now that numbers are out?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-b...-bolles-21761/

Cap hits

2021 - 5 mil
                              2022 - 21 mil (2nd highest, 100k less than Tunsil)
                              2023 - 18 mil
                              2024 - 20 mil

Pretty friendly for team in 2021 but currently almost as much as the highest cap hit in 2021 for a LT

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                                How happy are people with Bolles contract now that numbers are out?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-b...-bolles-21761/

Cap hits

2021 - 5 mil
                                2022 - 21 mil (2nd highest, 100k less than Tunsil)
                                2023 - 18 mil
                                2024 - 20 mil

Pretty friendly for team in 2021 but currently almost as much as the highest cap hit in 2021 for a LT
                                Seems to reflect some kind of plan.
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                                X