Does Bolles get re-signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    How happy are people with Bolles contract now that numbers are out?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-b...-bolles-21761/

Cap hits

2021 - 5 mil
    2022 - 21 mil (2nd highest, 100k less than Tunsil)
    2023 - 18 mil
    2024 - 20 mil

Pretty friendly for team in 2021 but currently almost as much as the highest cap hit in 2021 for a LT
    It accounts for the lowered cap and the high year is presumably when James gets cut so it helps offset it somewhat. It’s also technically when Von’s contract is up

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

It accounts for the lowered cap and the high year is presumably when James gets cut so it helps offset it somewhat. It’s also technically when Von’s contract is up
      The lowered cap will be spread over 4 years. The owners actually wanted a 10 mil more reduction in 2021 than what was agreed on.

I do think the Broncos are preparing as good as any team for what is coming.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Seems to reflect some kind of plan.
        Looks like the plan was to make Bolles one of the highest paid LT in the game. At a 100k less he is very close to being the highest paid LT in the game.

Guess the Broncos are all in that he does not go back to his old ways.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Looks like the plan was to make Bolles one of the highest paid LT in the game. At a 100k less he is very close to being the highest paid LT in the game.

Guess the Broncos are all in that he does not go back to his old ways.
          In 2022, not so much in 2021, 2023 and 2024 as per your own post.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

In 2022, not so much in 2021, 2023 and 2024 as per your own post.
            Well in 2023 he pushes James out of the top 5 and in 2024 he is top 3.

Comment

Well in 2023 he pushes James out of the top 5 and in 2024 he is top 3.
              The Broncos will likely push James out of the top 5 in 22 when they cut him. By 23 and 24 he will likely have been surpassed by a few players and will probably be out of the top 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

The Broncos will likely push James out of the top 5 in 22 when they cut him. By 23 and 24 he will likely have been surpassed by a few players and will probably be out of the top 5.
                With the salary cap going down that part is not 100% for sure. Even if we assume revenue gets back on track in 2021 (big assumption imo) the lost revenue impact on the cap will be spread out over 4 years as the NFLPA negotiated before players would agree to play the 2020 season.

Not only will James be knocked off the list I doubt Bakhtiari stays on the list in 2024 with a 27 mil cap hit.
                Last edited by Hadez; 12-03-2020, 12:54 PM.

Comment

With the salary cap going down that part is not 100% for sure. Even if we assume revenue gets back on track in 2021 (big assumption imo) the lost revenue impact on the cap will be spread out over 4 years as the NFLPA negotiated before players would agree to play the 2020 season.

Not only will James be knocked off the list I doubt Bakhtiari stays on the list in 2024 with a 27 mil cap hit.
                  They’ll be replaced by guys like Ramcyzk, O’Neill, Collins, Brown, Armstead, Moton etc. Then you’ll have other guys rework their contracts to get more money. Teams will just get more creative to pay these guys especially the young olinemen that have shown potential. I highly doubt Bolles will stay in the top 5.

Comment

How happy are people with Bolles contract now that numbers are out?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-b...-bolles-21761/

Cap hits

2021 - 5 mil
                    2022 - 21 mil (2nd highest, 100k less than Tunsil)
                    2023 - 18 mil
                    2024 - 20 mil

Pretty friendly for team in 2021 but currently almost as much as the highest cap hit in 2021 for a LT
                    Say they draft a guy specifically for RT next year (could be a second rounder as deep as OT is supposed to be) that has shown the likelihood of starting as a rookie and eat James' contract, then Muti takes over for Glasgow in 2022 leaving Glasgow expendable if necessary. We end up with a well paid LT that has been on an upswing and four other guys on rookie contracts that can be effective starters. Next up is Risner in 2023.
                    Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post

Say they draft a guy specifically for RT next year (could be a second rounder as deep as OT is supposed to be) that has shown the likelihood of starting as a rookie and eat James' contract, then Muti takes over for Glasgow in 2022 leaving Glasgow expendable if necessary. We end up with a well paid LT that has been on an upswing and four other guys on rookie contracts that can be effective starters. Next up is Risner in 2023.
                      nah if we draft a rookie, he will be the swing tackle for us at least nex tyear. i don't mind eating James contract but it is not really smart to cut him when the cap hit for cutting would be more then keeping him on the roster. weather you like it or not James is with us at least next year. after that we can move on. i would love to see us draft a OT with the idea of him pushing James while being our swing tackle. plus alot of O-linemen defitenly benefit from having a year to build strength and get use to the speed of the NFL. regardless what happens James will b e with us in 2021.
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm
                      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

nah if we draft a rookie, he will be the swing tackle for us at least nex tyear. i don't mind eating James contract but it is not really smart to cut him when the cap hit for cutting would be more then keeping him on the roster. weather you like it or not James is with us at least next year. after that we can move on. i would love to see us draft a OT with the idea of him pushing James while being our swing tackle. plus alot of O-linemen defitenly benefit from having a year to build strength and get use to the speed of the NFL. regardless what happens James will b e with us in 2021.
                        That wouldn't upset me. Playing or not playing we have to pay the guy. But I do want the Broncos to draft a rookie that has at least shown the potential to play RT in his rookie season even if he ends up losing out to James just because it takes him time to develop, and ends up as the Swing for a year.
                        Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• Spending all that money and not getting better as a football team hurts a bit, I don't really care anymore though, hope is lost for me. As long as Elway is here we will remain where we are. We need a new direction in the personnel decision-making department, a fresh set of eyes on things, a different approach, because Elway continues to fail in his role.

Comment

• I think it's good that we try to keep our young talent that we drafted. We have a pretty good young team that Elway has managed to put together, that will take a couple years to reach its full potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                              I think it's good that we try to keep our young talent that we drafted. We have a pretty good young team that Elway has managed to put together, that will take a couple years to reach its full potential.
                              I been sandbagging a little bit just to see what others added to this conversation.

I think if Bolles continues to play like he is it is a good deal. From what Stink was saying Bolles has had some serious technique improvement this year. In particular Stink said Bolles was using the same set on every play and DL will eat a OL up who does this. This is what lead to all his penalties according to Stink. It is such a bad thing for OT to do Stink said he had already given up on Bolles and was ready to move onto the next guy.

We all hope Bolles continues to play well and if he does I am good with him being a top 2-3-5 paid OT even if no one else gets a better deal because of salary cap going down in repetitive years. If we got a OT on the level Bolles is currently playing we would be paying him a similar deal.

Comment

• I like Bolles and I am very Happy for him and his Family !! Bolles is a Hard Worker and by all looks a Great Teammate and I am Thrilled that we were able to Lock him up Way To Go Bolles Way To Go !!

DB4L!!

Comment

Working...
                                X