Does Bolles get re-signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post

That’s your guess. That you don’t think his market won’t be that high. Yet, FA over the last 10 years has shown that teams will pay even average players top dollars. Especially at a premium position. He will be getting $16+m this offseason from someone. I just hope it’s not us unless it’s a FT
    What option will be better? What FA will be an improvement? Would a rookie play as good? I don't think he's reached his prime yet and he's getting better. I'd pay him 13-15 a year and I bet he'd take it

Comment

No way Bolles takes a deal worth $13-15M/year. I’ll gladly eat my words but the market value for a top OT is now at $20M+ per year with the Stanley signing. I think Bolles becomes a lock for the franchise tag in 2021.
      2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
      Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post

The real weak link is Wilkinson. He should NEVER see the field again....
        Since he was this bad last year....and I am pretty sure Driskel was bad before we signed him....the true weak link is the coaching and scouting. Why do we keep playing guys who do not have the ability to succeed in the NFL?

Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
          No way Bolles takes a deal worth $13-15M/year. I’ll gladly eat my words but the market value for a top OT is now at $20M+ per year with the Stanley signing. I think Bolles becomes a lock for the franchise tag in 2021.
          He takes a team friendly deal or we franchise tag him. I really do not care what Bolles take is on it but he should be willing to take a team deal just in case he can not pull this off two years in a row. He could play on the tag and hope for a huge deal next year but if he gets hurt than what? He becomes a 1 year wonder with injury history.

Honestly the way the Broncos keep losing players to season ending injuries year after year....
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

He takes a team friendly deal or we franchise tag him. I really do not care what Bolles take is on it but he should be willing to take a team deal just in case he can not pull this off two years in a row. He could play on the tag and hope for a huge deal next year but if he gets hurt than what? He becomes a 1 year wonder with injury history.

Honestly the way the Broncos keep losing players to season ending injuries year after year....
            That's always a risk with any player, but I think it's lower in Bolles' case -- he's never missed a game and maintained good health. <knock on wood>

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

That's always a risk with any player, but I think it's lower in Bolles' case -- he's never missed a game and maintained good health. <knock on wood>
              Earning opportunities are lost all the time in the NFL. Injury is one reason but not the only reason. Every agent probably tells the player about the guy who bargained tough and got either the highest paid deal or a top 3 deal. Wonder how many people remind the players about the guys who turned down good contracts and never got offered that level of money again in their career.

Bet Gordon wished he signed the last the deal the Chargers offered him and he turned it down.

Comment

Earning opportunities are lost all the time in the NFL. Injury is one reason but not the only reason. Every agent probably tells the player about the guy who bargained tough and got either the highest paid deal or a top 3 deal. Wonder how many people remind the players about the guys who turned down good contracts and never got offered that level of money again in their career.

Bet Gordon wished he signed the last the deal the Chargers offered him and he turned it down.
                Look at Dak.....he had a decent offer in front of him....he didn't take it.....held out for more.........now look where he's at

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

Look at Dak.....he had a decent offer in front of him....he didn't take it.....held out for more.........now look where he's at
                  Agreed good point. There are others for reasons other than injury too.

Gordon
                  Simmons is probably on track to make less money because of his play (so far) and the fact the cap is going down (why Elway did not pay him imo)

There are a few Super Stars or players who have incredible leverage who should work it for the most possible earnings but others should seriously consider just taking a 8 figure a year deal when they can.

Comment

Agreed good point. There are others for reasons other than injury too.

Gordon
                    Simmons is probably on track to make less money because of his play (so far) and the fact the cap is going down (why Elway did not pay him imo)

There are a few Super Stars or players who have incredible leverage who should work it for the most possible earnings but others should seriously consider just taking a 8 figure a year deal when they can.
                    However the way the Justin Simmons has been playing Lately just might bite us in the end.

Comment

Every holding call he gets moving forward, brings the price down!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                        Every holding call he gets moving forward, brings the price down!!!!

Unfortunately it goes both ways though. Every good play makes the price go up.

I'm guessing his agent already has a saved copy of the long Lindsey TD. Critical block by Bolles that sprung Lindsey. Fairly dominant too. Completely turned and drove the LB 5 yrds out of the hole. Most importantly, didn't hold!

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Unfortunately it goes both ways though. Every good play makes the price go up.

I'm guessing his agent already has a saved copy of the long Lindsey TD. Critical block by Bolles that sprung Lindsey. Fairly dominant too. Completely turned and drove the LB 5 yrds out of the hole. Most importantly, didn't hold!
                          I hope they can agree to a reasonable, fair, deal for both parties.
                          I would like to see him get better and stay with the Broncos!

Comment

To me this is gonna be the most interesting thing this offseason. does he stay in Denver or move from it. I think it will be like 15m(at least) a year to keep him. he has looked like he is actually turning the corner this year. at the same time, players tend to play better on contract year. then not on one. I really would like to see him signed to a good 1 year prove it contract. and if he does prove he can sustain his play from this year. then offer him a big multi million dollar deal. i think he may be a candidate for the Franchise tag. i also feel Resigning simmions should be the Priority right now. Would you give him a 15-20 million dollar deal. if we could get him 17 million for 1 year I think I would take it. try and make him prove that this year is gonna be the normal with him and not an irregularity
                            sigpic
                            oakland raders gm
                            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Apparently Garrett can pull to and beyond the opposite TE hole to lead.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

We need to hold onto good players, esp Oline. Wonder what this Oline wouldve looked like if we kept Paradis. Im sure Cush will be good but hes a rookie and i think hes the reason why Risner and Glasgow hasnt looked that good

Comment

Working...
                                X