No announcement yet.

Does Bolles get re-signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the biggest step forward in his game has been his mental toughness. In years past one bad play could quickly spiral into a few bad drives, quarters, or even games depending on how you look at it. He would lose his cool and blatantly make bad plays almost as if he was trying to prove some kind of point. When those bad plays have come this season we haven’t seen it spiral out of control. Granted holding being down has helped, he has got away with a quite a few but it isn’t nearly as bad as what he has and can be.

So for me I think that goes a long way in proving that this improved play is sustainable. He has the ability athletically and the technique is finally catching up to that ability and he’s able to trust the technique that he’s been developing.

Comment

• The answer is yes. Just signed a 4-year extension.
      2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

Comment

• Klis reporting Bolles signed to 4 yr extension, so the answer to the question in the OP is, "Yes".

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/...htmode%3Dfalse

Comment

• Good deal, I think he's earned it and it's solidifies a spot on our offensive line. One less worry on the resigning front I guess

Comment

• 17$ million annual, so he's paid less than David, Tunsil, and Lane.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• 4 years, $68 million is a steal. With the way the market was trending, I thought there would be no chance Bolles takes an offer that’s less than $20M annually. Insane value for arguably the best LT in football right now.
              2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
              Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                4 years, $68 million is a steal. With the way the market was trending, I thought there would be no chance Bolles takes an offer that’s less than $20M annually. Insane value for arguably the best LT in football right now.
                Yea until he possible reverts to his previous 3 season. They it becomes the worst signing.

This makes zero sense to me. Why not FT him and see if this years Bolles is legit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post

Yea until he possible reverts to his previous 3 season. They it becomes the worst signing.

This makes zero sense to me. Why not FT him and see if this years Bolles is legit.
                  It's a smart move and builds trust with players to see someone hard work pay off.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

this is a good deal and with his interviews and stuff. i think there is more then money for him. he said it was nice to get this contract but his main focus is to keep playing great football.

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                    4 years, $68 million is a steal. With the way the market was trending, I thought there would be no chance Bolles takes an offer that’s less than $20M annually. Insane value for arguably the best LT in football right now.
                    i agree if he keeps playing like he has this will be a steal. lets hope he keeps playing like he has. 1 or 2 more years he will be a top 5 lt in the league like this.
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm
                    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

It's a smart move and builds trust with players to see someone hard work pay off.
                      I think it's a great move. Bolles: matured immensely in the offseason and his personal growth resulted in physical and mental improvement. The team: signs a needed position (that has looked solid this year) to a long term deal. Win win

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post

I think it's a great move. Bolles: matured immensely in the offseason and his personal growth resulted in physical and mental improvement. The team: signs a needed position (that has looked solid this year) to a long term deal. Win win
                        Yep, has good optics overall. Let's the players know if they get their mind right and work their buns off, they'll be rewarded. At the same time it shows Elway isn't dumb enough to let much needed OL talent walk.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Worst signing is already James at RT. No way Bolles takes over that distinction.

Bolles has worked to overcome the boos and “bust “ comments to reach this point.

Great redemption story IMO! way to go Mr. Bolles! Keep doing what you are doing.

Comment

• Guaranteed money and yearly cap hits are what is most important.

Going to wait until I see the details before I say it is good or bad.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

That’s a dangerous game... you’re assuming he would revert back. If he stayed at the same level of play we’re seeing now, he would command top LT money ($20M+ a year). If he regresses slightly, we’re still signing the same deal.

There is a chance he regresses, but he’s trending in a positive direction so this seems like a smart move to me. I’ve been on Team Bolles since Day 1 - Happy for the big fella!
                              sigpic
                              ******** Adopt a Bronco 2019 | #70 Ja'wuan James :thumb: ********
                              ***** Adopt a Bronco 2017-18 | #72 Garett Bolles *****

Comment

• Originally posted by 3 amigos View Post
                                Can we sign him mid season. If yes. We need to get him while he is playing. Not at end of year. If not he will get much more money thrown at him than we can or should pay him. Remember we still need to pay Phillip and Sutton. Plus Chubb is gonna need paid too.
                                He seemed to get a pretty dang good deal. I thought he'd be getting around $15M, he got $17M, that seems to be top 4 LT money.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Working...
                                X