Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which players on the current Denver Bronco's roster would you never consider trading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by Tges58 View Post

In a couple of years Mahomes contract will seem like a bargain.This is why KC is damn fortunate to have Mahomes. He puts the teams needs first.

They have one of the best GMs in the league. They started out the year with 177 dollars in cap space and still signed guys like Chris Jones and Travis Kelce to long term contracts.
    Mahomes is one of the best Qbs I have ever seen.

The only reason his contract can be considered a deal is because there will be other teams struggling with cap hits in the 30-40 mil range with KC

The cap is going down...probably for 3 years because of how the NFLPA wanted it spread over multiple years. Not a good time for the top cap hit on teams to be doubling imo.

Leave a comment:

• Tges58
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Mahomes would be good for a team with an offense ready to go now. In a couple years his contract will be a cap killer and it will be really hard to build/maintain that team.
    In a couple of years Mahomes contract will seem like a bargain.This is why KC is damn fortunate to have Mahomes. He puts the teams needs first.

They have one of the best GMs in the league. They started out the year with 177 dollars in cap space and still signed guys like Chris Jones and Travis Kelce to long term contracts.

Leave a comment:

• RockWarrior84
    replied
    Miller. He is only player that is the heart and soul of this franchise. He does anything for team and community. He is a shoe in HOF player and you don’t let that type of person leave.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

All true. But, I hear the excuses of poor defensive performance coming from back up players with starters out, why can't the same excuse be made for the offense?
    Because of our offensive starters only one player who was supposed to start has been out all season - Sutton. Every other Week one starter has played a good portion of the games this season. Lindsay while he has missed a few games here and there will have only been on IR two weeks. He has played in or been available for 11 of 16 games. I will put it a different way. As of today we have 13 players on IR. Eight of those are defensive players and of those eight players three of them were slated to be starters and an additional two were slated to be rotational backups in games in our secondary, The remaining three were our 2nd/3rd string CBs which were also used from time to time as ST players.

So sure there are a few offensive players injured and on IR the issue is that only one was slated to be a starter. Defensively we were hit much harder and yet have still managed to put a pretty quality product out there.

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    Might be a good time to move Von Miller. I really enjoyed his play, but I think he's definitely nearing retirement, and coming off that injury it might be a limited year for him. Maybe Broncos can see if they can get something for him and maybe get rid of some of his cap hit.

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich_C View Post

Every team nearly every year has injuries to deal with. Most teams will have a top tier player or two miss a game or three. That is just a fact of playing in a violent contact sport. If we want to go down this road I am happy to. I think we can also add that Tim Patrick has been excellent this season and has certainly stepped up his game. While he is not quite as gifted as Sutton he is not that far behind. In addition, Albert O was never meant to start at the beginning of the season. Yet - after his 1st or 2nd game he showed he ought to have. My point here is that while we did have some injuries we also had other step in and step-up. Particularly on the offensive side of the ball.
    All true. But, I hear the excuses of poor defensive performance coming from back up players with starters out, why can't the same excuse be made for the offense?

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

You mentioned the RT, but let's not forget the top "vet" receiver has been out all year, and the offense has a part-time RB and TE in Lindsay and Fant.
    Every team nearly every year has injuries to deal with. Most teams will have a top tier player or two miss a game or three. That is just a fact of playing in a violent contact sport. If we want to go down this road I am happy to. I think we can also add that Tim Patrick has been excellent this season and has certainly stepped up his game. While he is not quite as gifted as Sutton he is not that far behind. In addition, Albert O was never meant to start at the beginning of the season. Yet - after his 1st or 2nd game he showed he ought to have. My point here is that while we did have some injuries we also had other step in and step-up. Particularly on the offensive side of the ball.

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich_C View Post

Our defense has been killed/slaughtered/decimated with injuries and yet it is only recently where we've struggled.

You mentioned the RT, but let's not forget the top "vet" receiver has been out all year, and the offense has a part-time RB and TE in Lindsay and Fant.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by Oxygen Bandit View Post

Key here is Success. Any HC with a loosing record (2 now) probably won't be considered for a HC position. I wouldn't hire a loosing HC. He could come back as a DC though. Nothing against him but winning means everything in Denver.
    Who on our team is making player decisions? Who signed a RT who was injury prone to a mega deal? Where is our defensive depth? Where are our future defensive starters?

Our defense has been killed/slaughtered/decimated with injuries and yet it is only recently where we've struggled.

The Ravens had an had break with COVID and yet when we had our QBs act like fools not one person including the others contracted the virus. If we want to point any fingers we need to start pointing to our GM and to our OC and STC.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Sutton Miller chubb fant jeudy and oj are untouchable in my mind you don't trade your young studs. And in my mind I want von to retire as a bronco and I think he still has it so I would not trade him.
    This is an insane take. Literally insane. IMO the answer is and will be anyone on this roster is tradable for the right compensation. Until we have our proven QB anyone is fair game.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied

Key here is Success. Any HC with a loosing record (2 now) probably won't be considered for a HC position. I wouldn't hire a loosing HC. He could come back as a DC though. Nothing against him but winning means everything in Denver.
    this is the last thing i will say on that. Bill Bilcheck had a losing record after the Browns, do you think NE regrets hiring a coach with a losing record?

Leave a comment:

• justabroncosfan
    replied
    I was thinking about starting another thread titled, "Which players on the current Denver Broncos roster would you insist on trading?" but this thread is a good location for this question without starting another thread.

If you were empowered with trading decisions for the Denver Broncos, who would you insist on trading, and for what?

What are your thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Oxygen Bandit
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

can you really say that? if you get the Reputation of being a place that gives up on coaches way to early, or a coach killer. Why would any of the top prospect wants to come here? i mean if you had a choice of going to a place that will give you chance to actually build your team or a place that will fire you right away after a bad year where would you go?

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Cortland Sutton is probably the only piece I care about keeping long-term, everyone else is expendable.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied

Or unless they have confidence they can bring on a well coached game. Reputation means nothing when you loosing year after year.
    can you really say that? if you get the Reputation of being a place that gives up on coaches way to early, or a coach killer. Why would any of the top prospect wants to come here? i mean if you had a choice of going to a place that will give you chance to actually build your team or a place that will fire you right away after a bad year where would you go?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X