Cortland Sutton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cortland Sutton

I think this Season with his injury is showing how important he is to this offense. he is the type of WR you can put the ball up and let him go get. he is faster then he look for a guy his size. he is a special WR and you can see our offense is missing him greatly. i mean if we look from this year to last i think that is the one Major Downgrade on our offense. with his injury no one on the team is ready to be a number. I mean we have Jeudy and Hamler who i feel both have number 1 upside but they are not there yet. I think this season and the difference in way Lock has been playing has alot of to witht he absence of Sutton. which also makes me think Sutton is probably more important to the offense then Lock, and is getting me to Question is Lock is the Guy. if he needs Sutton to be successful. that is about all that is on my mind right now what do you all think?
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Sutton is the dude I think we all know that.
    sigpic
    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Lock looked noticeably different when Bosa went out and the pressure died off. Sutton is definitely his guy though but he needs better protection.

Comment

look what herbert can do with Keenen allen. that guy is the only reason they went down the field for the majority of the game until we started getting gashed by the run game. our offense is WAY too young right now(with patrick being out this game)

not having a true #1 WR hurts so much

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
          I mean we have Jeudy and Hamler who i feel both have number 1 upside but they are not there yet.

This is the only point in your post that I disagree with. I don't see Hamler as ever being a #1WR.
          Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post

This is the only point in your post that I disagree with. I don't see Hamler as ever being a #1WR.
            Probably not with us. I just feel he has the upside to be a number 1 wr in this league. I could be wrong I could be right. I just really like his traits
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm

Comment

Probably not with us. I just feel he has the upside to be a number 1 wr in this league. I could be wrong I could be right. I just really like his traits
              I hated the pick, but I hope we can use him correctly as a big play guy. He has better hands and runs better routes than I thought and I do have to give him props for that. I just don't see him as a #1WR because of his size. He has a smaller catch radius and he can't afford to stretch out for plays because he'll get hurt if he does. I do see him as a weapon though and I think they should run plays just for him. Not just passes but end arounds to take advantage of his speed and elusiveness. What I think is hurting him right now is that he is best used as a chaotic speed demon in an otherwise conventional Offense but our Offense hasn't been stable enough for him to play off of the other guys on the field. I see him as a #2/#3 guy and I think he'll do well at that if we can actually get a functional Offense going.

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post

I hated the pick, but I hope we can use him correctly as a big play guy. He has better hands and runs better routes than I thought and I do have to give him props for that. I just don't see him as a #1WR because of his size. He has a smaller catch radius and he can't afford to stretch out for plays because he'll get hurt if he does. I do see him as a weapon though and I think they should run plays just for him. Not just passes but end arounds to take advantage of his speed and elusiveness. What I think is hurting him right now is that he is best used as a chaotic speed demon in an otherwise conventional Offense but our Offense hasn't been stable enough for him to play off of the other guys on the field. I see him as a #2/#3 guy and I think he'll do well at that if we can actually get a functional Offense going.
                I don't think Hamlers size is to much of a big thing. I feel he has a similar skill set to a guy like Tyreek Hill or a guy like Ty Hilton. Both smaller guys but they have elite speed and agility like Hamler. I just feel like his speed and agility give him that similarly to those guys and both of them have been number 1 wr in this league. Obviously Hamler not there yet but I feel he has upside.
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm

Comment

I don't think Hamlers size is to much of a big thing. I feel he has a similar skill set to a guy like Tyreek Hill or a guy like Ty Hilton. Both smaller guys but they have elite speed and agility like Hamler. I just feel like his speed and agility give him that similarly to those guys and both of them have been number 1 wr in this league. Obviously Hamler not there yet but I feel he has upside.
                  We'll see. I can certainly see the upside. And he's better than I thought he was coming in. I'm saying that his size affects how he plays and how the QB has can target him. I like the comparison to Tyreek Hill but Hill has a better QB throwing to him and a better Offense around him.

Comment

Denver doesn't seem to isolate Hamler with opportunities to succeed in space. He is getting better each week with other routes and catching catchable balls. Probably not a #1 receiver, but he could be weaponized a bit more in the near future and be a solid 2-3.

Comment

Courtland Sutton may have been Denver's best offensive player at the time he went on IR. Tim Patrick is the receiver most similar to Courtland, and he was unavailable yesterday. Hamilton, Jeudy and Hamler had to step up, and they did. Denver's O had four rookies and a second year QB in his tenth start who stepped up and overcame adversity. Having a fierce guy like Phillip Lindsay on the field doesn't hurt either.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                      X