Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's gonna happen at the safety positions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's gonna happen at the safety positions?

With Ferguson, Lynch, and Kenoy all being solid players who is gonna play where? Is Kenoy gonna make the switch to FS or is he gonna stay at SS? Same for Ferguson and Lynch. Anyone know yet?

Well sunquist said when we picked up Lynch that we don't have specific "Free" and "Strong" Safety positions, that we have two safeties and a system that utilizes their specific tools. Both Kennoy and Lynch can be out on the field at the same time even though they're both deemed "Strong Safeties" and since we very often rotate our players, Ferguson will most likely be subbed in on specific plays such as passing downs where better coverage is necessary.

Zero Wing, the greatest Japanese to English translation ever...

Comment

Ferguson was by far and away the best safety we had last year. Broncos management acknowledged that, even going so far as to say his absence was a key factor in the blowout loss to the Colts in the Playoffs. Then he got a nice, fat contract in the offseason. Do you really think this guy is going to be the third safety? No.

Ferguson is one starter, one would think a healthy John Lynch would be the second starter. I think Kenoy Kennedy gets cut in June. He has underachieved since he was drafted in the second round, he hits hard, yes, but he's horrendous in coverage to this point. It all depends on his contract and restructuring whether he stays, is traded, or cut.

The drafting of his brother will play no role in his future with the team. John Lynch's health will though.

Comment

Lynch will be our starte as SS but FS??????

Look at this guy!!! He is kicking some asses!!!

|||||Broncos Rulez|||||

Comment

Re: What's gonna happen at the safety positions?

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
          With Ferguson, Lynch, and Kenoy all being solid players who is gonna play where? Is Kenoy gonna make the switch to FS or is he gonna stay at SS? Same for Ferguson and Lynch. Anyone know yet?
          I belive Kenoy-FS and
          John-SS.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
            Ferguson was by far and away the best safety we had last year. Broncos management acknowledged that, even going so far as to say his absence was a key factor in the blowout loss to the Colts in the Playoffs. Then he got a nice, fat contract in the offseason. Do you really think this guy is going to be the third safety? No.

Ferguson is one starter, one would think a healthy John Lynch would be the second starter. I think Kenoy Kennedy gets cut in June. He has underachieved since he was drafted in the second round, he hits hard, yes, but he's horrendous in coverage to this point. It all depends on his contract and restructuring whether he stays, is traded, or cut.

The drafting of his brother will play no role in his future with the team. John Lynch's health will though.

WOW

I thought Kennedy played well and i do agree with you on fergusan. My opinion is Lynch will be on the field on running downs. And Furgeson on passing downs. Lynch is no better than Kennedy in coverage. Lynch knowledge will keep him around but at this stage I think Fergusan and Kennedy do a good job in the secondary

Comment

Nick and Kenoy will be the starters, with John and Sam providing relief.

John's injury is still a question mark and we all know how many times Sam Brandon was either burned or run over.

Neither should start, IMO.

That's my take.
              Originally posted by boltzpride619
              What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
              True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

I'm always partial to players who I've seen grow and mature on the team, so it pains me to say this but Kennoy really has not added a whole lot to the D. He hits like a train sometimes but I mean he has had no production whatsoever in the turnover departement. I also believe with Nick signing that 4 year deal he will be a starter, even though he's an inch shorter and about 9 lbs. less than Kennoy, Nick plays like a man possessed. In what little time he had on the field to prove himself last year he took advantage of it. He created more turnovers (2 or 3 fumbles caused) than Kennedy has his last two seasons. And that was in the span of 4-5 games. He's just one of those players who puts everything on the line, covers well and hits just as hard as Kennoy I think (and doesn't miss as many tackles). I think Nick starts at FS and John at SS, that would be interesting if Kennoy got cut, seeing as how this is his last year on contract...would Denver really do it? If so then our safety corp. isn't as deep as I would like, Sam Brandon is an absolute waste of a roster spot, anyone with eyes that watched games he started in could tell you that. He was beaten every which way, through the air and on the ground (anyone remember the Minnesota game where he squared up vs. Moe Williams in the hole and just got absolutely annihilated? Moe put the boom on him man, just dropped his helmet and WHAP, runs over the motionless Sam). I hope Kennoy sees that he hasn't exactly been the brightest shining star and will take a cut to his paycheck, but who knows, players picked in early rounds sometimes that determines their wealth rather than their production on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Chaz
                  (anyone remember the Minnesota game where he squared up vs. Moe Williams in the hole and just got absolutely annihilated?
                  Ya, I do.

Originally posted by portisistheman
                  we all know how many times Sam Brandon was either burned or run over.

Mighty Mouse

Comment

Despite Kenoys problems he blasts people and i think his big hits set the tone for the rest of the game. Remember the hit in indy last year.

Comment

And how about the multiple hits he laid on Todd Heap during the Ravens game causing incompletions, one of which would have led to a touchdown.

Zero Wing, the greatest Japanese to English translation ever...

Comment

John Lynch starts and Kenoy and Nick fight for the other position. Sam is a backup, along with Young.
                        Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

kennedy wont be cut, but he wont be the starter either unless injury comes into play...sam brandon will be cut, and for good reason.
                          "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

[email protected] Kenoy getting cut in June.

LOL.
                            Take care of business Broncos.

Comment

SS - Lynch
                              FS - Ferguson

Ferguson got a 4 year deal and is a complete player....
                              Kennedy is a good hitter but a terrible pass defender.....

The choice is very easy on this one.
                              Eeerrrrrr.......

Comment

Working...
                              X