Fire Pat Shurmur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Pat Shurmur

This offense the entire season has been a Huge Let Down and it all starts and ends with the OC Pat. Pat's Play Calling is Suspect 100 % of the time and that is being nice. Pat does not how to utilize the Running Game which would help with the Passing Game Pat has no clue what so ever maybe that is why he was canned in Cleveland and New York. Pat is just plain and simple a Horrible OC one of the worst and he should be the fall guy for this Offensive Debacle like calling a Long Bomb on 4th and 3 or 4th and 1 when all you need is 3 or 1 to get that ever so elusive 1st Down. I am officially over this Offense and I want to see Pat gone pack his bags and leaving on the 1st Plane Out Of Denver.

Agree the offense sucks. Hear some of the players answering questions about not being able to score points in the first half...wish the reporters would counter with...how about just picking up some first downs in the first half and start there?

Do not think we should fire Shurmur. Do not have time to make that complicated point on my work break.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Shurmurs offense is a vertical offense and we have some guys that could be deadly in that offense. The problem is the accuracy of the guy throwing it.
      Lock loves the vertical game, Shurmur loves the vertical play calls....it's a match made in heaven. Except Drew Lock is simply not making the throws. They are perfect for each other if Lock can find some touch. Both Lock and Shurmur are figuring out this middle ground, for now. There is no shame in that.
      But we don't need to fire the guy who can-and desperately wants-to exploit the talents we have on offense. Players like Fant, Jeudy and Hamler and their development in Shurmurs offense are every bit as important. These guys are locked up starters for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
        Agree the offense sucks. Hear some of the players answering questions about not being able to score points in the first half...wish the reporters would counter with...how about just picking up some first downs in the first half and start there?

Do not think we should fire Shurmur. Do not have time to make that complicated point on my work break.
        I disagree. The longer they keep him, the longer it's going to take for this team to recover. You have to think big picture -- it's not simply going to be enough to fire Shurmur. The players are going to have to buy into a system with whomever they bring in. The players are past the point of just being discouraged to the point of being disenfranchised with the organization. Once the trust is tarnished in a business, it is extremely difficult, if not impossible to restore it. This is the danger that Denver faces with keeping Shurmur.

Comment

They had a good coordinator based on a system that has been proven time-and-time again in the NFL last season and he was shown the door because Fangio didn't like him.

Listen, we can scapegoat coordinators, coaches, players, etc. until we're blue in the face. The buck stops with the head of football operations and the default owner.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post

I disagree. The longer they keep him, the longer it's going to take for this team to recover. You have to think big picture -- it's not simply going to be enough to fire Shurmur. The players are going to have to buy into a system with whomever they bring in. The players are past the point of just being discouraged to the point of being disenfranchised with the organization. Once the trust is tarnished in a business, it is extremely difficult, if not impossible to restore it. This is the danger that Denver faces with keeping Shurmur.
            Firing every single OC for struggles before the skill position group who CBS pointed out yesterday is the youngest in the league has a chance to master their offense is a recipe for not seeing big picture and eternally being abysmal.

I don’t particularly like Sherman but it’s not good for Lock or anyone else on offense to be changing systems every single year. At least unlike last year our offense lately has been taking off second half. The last couple of years under other OCs if they get behind early they just laid down and died.

Shurmer needs to figure the first half out. But at least this team has put up 25+ several times this year.
            sigpic

Comment

Three different offenses in three years? No, thank you. Shurmur is a proven OC in this league. Give Lock the rest of this year to audition for next year's job. If he performs "good enough", then let's see how a full offseason program and actual continuity in offensive scheme will serve our young QB. The return of Sutton, our best offensive player from 2019, should help greatly too. If James decides he wants to play football, then we get one of the better RTs in the NFL returning as a starter. Not to mention any possible upgrades/additions made in the offseason. And if Lock isn't the guy? It's time for our FO to stop wallowing around and go all-in on drafting a QB who fits the scheme, stands tall in the pocket, and can go through their progressions.

Trust me, I liked Scangarello towards the end of last year and I was upset that we fired him. But I really do think continuity would serve this young offense greatly, even if I am not entirely pleased with Shumur. Can his playcalling be better? 100%. Would he look better if our offensive line successfully executed their assignments and Lock made the right reads/decisions? 100%. Like many posters have said before, scapegoating coordinators isn't always the answer. I mean, look at how many on these boards were calling for Scangarello's head last year (myself included-- especially after the Indy game). We're starting to see what an effective offense could look like. Look at the last two weeks, you cannot tell me Siemian/Lynch/Keenum/Flacco would be able to facilitate these comebacks. I'm not saying Lock is necessarily the "guy" going forward-- but it's a matter of continuing to develop our talent, adding the right personnel/scheme fits, and learning from these mistakes.
              2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
              Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

And who would you be happy with them hiring this time around?

A proven iconic offensive mind? Done that. A young innovator. Done that. An established QB developer? Done that.

So who is next on your preferred carousel of OCs?

At some point they need to pick a plan and stick to it. The constant shuffle is just as bad if not worse then keeping to one OC and letting him develop continuity with the players. Which has also been destroyed this year by the long list of injuries, opt outs and Covid list to starters. At some point we as fans have to get over our frustrations with failed expectations and accept the realty of how this team has been effected by them.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                  This offense the entire season has been a Huge Let Down and it all starts and ends with the OC Pat. Pat's Play Calling is Suspect 100 % of the time and that is being nice. Pat does not how to utilize the Running Game which would help with the Passing Game Pat has no clue what so ever maybe that is why he was canned in Cleveland and New York. Pat is just plain and simple a Horrible OC one of the worst and he should be the fall guy for this Offensive Debacle like calling a Long Bomb on 4th and 3 or 4th and 1 when all you need is 3 or 1 to get that ever so elusive 1st Down. I am officially over this Offense and I want to see Pat gone pack his bags and leaving on the 1st Plane Out Of Denver.
                  Can you please explain to me how getting fired as hc has anything to do with being an oc. I mean he did work his way up to be a head coach being an oc. He has also had success at multiple stop. Also people can be good coordinator and bad hc such as Wade Phillips. How is being fired as hc have anything to do with his skils as a oc
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

No. We cannot give Lock 3 OCs in 3 seasons and expect him to progress.

We cannot fire an OC that didn’t have an off-season or preseason to install his offense. We cannot fire an OC that has had 3 different starting QBs in the first half of his first season. We cannot fire an OC while our #1 receiver played less than 2 games this year.

If we want to continue to play bad football, we’ll fire Pat Shurmur. Otherwise, we need to be patient and let this team develop and learn consistency.
                    Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

I would really like one of you advocating for his firing to tell me who you would recommend they replace him with?

Or even what type of OC they should be hiring? College coach? A proven OC ( just different)? Maybe a hidden gem position coach waiting for an opportunity mid season?

Don’t just complain, give me an idea of a realistic solution or plan to consider. Who knows, I might agree with it.

Comment

To be honest and you all know that Denver never should of fired Rich however in a must produce league the offense is just not producing and that falls directly on Pat's shoulders. I do not want to hear excuses anymore like oh our core is young or we are injured no the excuses stop here stop and must stop with the firing of Pat. Pat cannot game plan to save his life. Pat calls for the Long Ball when it is 3rd and 3 or 3rd and 1 or 4th and 3 or 4th and 1 time and time and time again. Pat does not know how to utilize the Run Game effectively I can call a game plan better than this Joker the time is over for excuses in a League that caters to Offense and yet once again we are ranked dead last in the League or really close to dead last. Pat is horrible at his Job and when you are on the Job and your constantly underperform week in week out you need to be let go. Pat needs to be fired and you all know it. Listen I know the Truth Hurts however this is Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                          To be honest and you all know that Denver never should of fired Rich however in a must produce league the offense is just not producing and that falls directly on Pat's shoulders. I do not want to hear excuses anymore like oh our core is young or we are injured no the excuses stop here stop and must stop with the firing of Pat. Pat cannot game plan to save his life. Pat calls for the Long Ball when it is 3rd and 3 or 3rd and 1 or 4th and 3 or 4th and 1 time and time and time again. Pat does not know how to utilize the Run Game effectively I can call a game plan better than this Joker the time is over for excuses in a League that caters to Offense and yet once again we are ranked dead last in the League or really close to dead last. Pat is horrible at his Job and when you are on the Job and your constantly underperform week in week out you need to be let go. Pat needs to be fired and you all know it. Listen I know the Truth Hurts however this is Truth.
                          This is just simply true. Lock is the one calling the long shots in short yardage situations. Tv analysis TD have pointed week in and week out where Lock consistently misses wide open guys running higher completion % routes and Lock chose to gunsling it because that’s what he likes to do. Explain to me how that falls on Pat? Lock is young and he will learn to quit doing that.

Pats offense is also putting up more ppg than Richs offense that you thought we needed to keep.
                          sigpic

Comment

I am not sure if there is a coach who has ever coached in the NFL who could turn this offense around in 1 year. It has been bad for a long time.

If we keep replacing the OC year after year we may never find the guy who can get it done.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post

Have you looked at our offense historically? We are already at the place you are trying to avoid getting at. We are there because we keep changing the offensive coaching every year.

Comment

Working...
                              X