Fire Pat Shurmur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    Vic Fangio: "I was disappointed on several levels, that our QBs put us in that position, that our QBs put the league in that position. We count on them to be the leaders of our team, the leaders of our offense, and those guys made a mistake."

Wait what??? I lost a bit of respect for fangio on that comment. Thats what you say??? Thats almost like throwing all our qbs under the bus.

Sorry I know the thread is about shurmur
    its coach speak. you can't expect them to trash the nfl for the situation.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Vic Fangio: "I was disappointed on several levels, that our QBs put us in that position, that our QBs put the league in that position. We count on them to be the leaders of our team, the leaders of our offense, and those guys made a mistake."

Wait what??? I lost a bit of respect for fangio on that comment. Thats what you say??? Thats almost like throwing all our qbs under the bus.

That’s how leadership is measured these days. By how well you don’t take any accountability and blame everyone else. By old standards, Vic is the HC and Vic is responsible for the ENTIRE team. So if your QBs are lax on protocol, it would reflect on Vic as a leader. But since the standard of what leadership actually is has changed, he takes no blame and it’s the players fault.

oh and let’s not forget they’re in a meeting with offensive coaches........
      #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

Sorry However Pat’s entire offense even with Drew Lock has scored just how many points? 20? and that is even with a so called QB and Pat’s playcalling is just absurd and ridiculous and he should be fired for this Sub Par Offensive Performance Week In and Week Out.
        Look, to be honest, Lock has been crap for much of the year. And our O-Line has also been crap for much of the year. And we were forced into using our two rookie WR's as well as what's left of our laughable WR depth from last season due to injuries. To be fair there have been some bright spots among those guys. Tim Patrick really came on in a #1WR role before he was also injured and missed playing time. Hamilton has made plays. The Offense was going to be shaky at best, well we're looking at more of a worst case scenario, or somewhere along those lines. I'm not interested in firing one of the Coordinators because he's not a miracle worker. I'm interested in building a successful team. Judging Shurmur by what the O accomplished this year would be silly.
        Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

its coach speak. you can't expect them to trash the nfl for the situation.
          Well choose not to answer the question or say something else. Don't trash your qb room. I want to hope maybe he's trying damage control with that comment. You're our coach the leader if we can't look to you I mean who do we look to?
          :go:

Comment

There is no real excuse for throwing a player(s) under the bus. Drew owned up to it, which kudos to him for not blaming anyone and holding himself accountable. But Fangio imo should have either avoided the question, told them ask the QBs, or again avoid the question. His statement comes off more like someone trying to save his own backside than anything else. "Don't blame me."

sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post

Look, to be honest, Lock has been crap for much of the year. And our O-Line has also been crap for much of the year. And we were forced into using our two rookie WR's as well as what's left of our laughable WR depth from last season due to injuries. To be fair there have been some bright spots among those guys. Tim Patrick really came on in a #1WR role before he was also injured and missed playing time. Hamilton has made plays. The Offense was going to be shaky at best, well we're looking at more of a worst case scenario, or somewhere along those lines. I'm not interested in firing one of the Coordinators because he's not a miracle worker. I'm interested in building a successful team. Judging Shurmur by what the O accomplished this year would be silly.

I am sorry however I believe differently than You Do and That is Ok I have been calling for Pat’s head for sometime now only because I do watch the games and all I have seen from him this year is that he is horrible at his Job and that is saying it nicely. Pat cannot call a game to save his life. Pat cannot for the life of him get it figured out quickly that Gee I have no QB this game So instead he acts like he has one and dials ups long plays LOL 😂 instead of getting the ball out to the backs fast ect his Playcalling is Atrocious and has been all year but keep on telling yourself that it will get better next week. I sure as hell would not have him as Denver’s OC next year unless you want the same ole same other wise and known you have been shurmmed 😂

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

I am sorry however I believe differently than You Do and That is Ok I have been calling for Pat’s head for sometime now only because I do watch the games and all I have seen from him this year is that he is horrible at his Job and that is saying it nicely. Pat cannot call a game to save his life. Pat cannot for the life of him get it figured out quickly that Gee I have no QB this game So instead he acts like he has one and dials ups long plays LOL 😂 instead of getting the ball out to the backs fast ect his Playcalling is Atrocious and has been all year but keep on telling yourself that it will get better next week. I sure as hell would not have him as Denver’s OC next year unless you want the same ole same other wise and known you have been shurmmed 😂
                I haven't been able to watch as much as I have in the past but I have been watching when I'm able to. I watched this whole mess today down to the old triple zeroes on the scoreboard. The Saints crowded the LOS and took away the short passing game while still defending the run well. They also sent pressure after Hinton whenever he was in there, and he wasn't able to handle it. The only thing that stands out to me is that when Royce Freeman was in the QB spot in Wildcat formations, the Saints D actually covered the pass. They were actually defending his pass game and that opened up running lanes for him. Shurmur should have seen that and put Freeman in more to force the Saints D to shut him down. They pressured Hinton. They played the run against Gordon and Lindsay. Freeman was our most successful "Quarterback" and he should have been used more in this game but I suppose Freeman may be on his way out the door and considered an afterthought at this point. That's really my only complaint about Shurmur for this entire game and it's a mild one. As far as the season goes I don't like Shurmur using 3WR as much as he does. I think we're better off with 2WR/2TE/1RB and I want to see more of it. Still, that's not something to fire a guy over in a ridiculously messed up football season like this one.
                Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post

I haven't been able to watch as much as I have in the past but I have been watching when I'm able to. I watched this whole mess today down to the old triple zeroes on the scoreboard. The Saints crowded the LOS and took away the short passing game while still defending the run well. They also sent pressure after Hinton whenever he was in there, and he wasn't able to handle it. The only thing that stands out to me is that when Royce Freeman was in the QB spot in Wildcat formations, the Saints D actually covered the pass. They were actually defending his pass game and that opened up running lanes for him. Shurmur should have seen that and put Freeman in more to force the Saints D to shut him down. They pressured Hinton. They played the run against Gordon and Lindsay. Freeman was our most successful "Quarterback" and he should have been used more in this game but I suppose Freeman may be on his way out the door and considered an afterthought at this point. That's really my only complaint about Shurmur for this entire game and it's a mild one. As far as the season goes I don't like Shurmur using 3WR as much as he does. I think we're better off with 2WR/2TE/1RB and I want to see more of it. Still, that's not something to fire a guy over in a ridiculously messed up football season like this one.
                  Against Miami 12 and even 13 personnel formations were used most of the time IIRC. The TEs and pulling linemen were key in the best rushing performance of the season.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Again, I go back to this...

If you fire Shurmur, then you fire Fangio. If you fire Fangio, then you fire Elway. If you fire Elway, then you remove the trust and sell the team.

Since none of that is happening until at least after 2021, then this conversation is moot.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                      Again, I go back to this...

If you fire Shurmur, then you fire Fangio. If you fire Fangio, then you fire Elway. If you fire Elway, then you remove the trust and sell the team.

Since none of that is happening until at least after 2021, then this conversation is moot.
                      Not true, if for no other reason than the part about the trust.

I’m starting to come around on Fangio a bit, so I can understand firing Shurmur and giving Vic another year.

I can even understand keeping both another season since I suspect next season is Elway’s last. I doubt he gets a contract extension.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?

Comment

I think the fate of all these "leaders" is aligned with our QB situation by next year.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

I’m starting to come around on Fangio a bit, so I can understand firing Shurmur and giving Vic another year.

I can even understand keeping both another season since I suspect next season is Elway’s last. I doubt he gets a contract extension.
                          Not sure I trust Fangio though he has done good work with this defense. Munchak wasn't inept in Tennessee. If Munchak was the head coach, Fangio DC, who do you think Munchak would hire as an OC?

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

You don't fire Elway and saddle the new GM with a head coach who has a losing record. If Elway goes you have to start from scratch.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post

Not sure I trust Fangio though he has done good work with this defense. Munchak wasn't inept in Tennessee. If Munchak was the head coach, Fangio DC, who do you think Munchak would hire as an OC?
                              He would probably hire whoever was his OC in Tennessee.

I think I would like to see someone hired off of the Rams coaching staff or someone along those lines.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post

You don't fire Elway and saddle the new GM with a head coach who has a losing record. If Elway goes you have to start from scratch.
                                I didn’t say anything about firing Elway. I think next season is his last. In turn, next season could also mean the last for Fangio and his entire coaching staff, including Shurmur.
                                You Mad Bro?

Comment

Working...
                                X