Fire Pat Shurmur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

I didn’t say anything about firing Elway. I think next season is his last. In turn, next season could also mean the last for Fangio and his entire coaching staff, including Shurmur.
    That's basically what I said. If you fire one, you fire all. But that's not going to be likely so this is the administration that will be in place in 2021.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post

That's basically what I said. If you fire one, you fire all. But that's not going to be likely so this is the administration that will be in place in 2021.
      Fangio and Shurmur could be fired after this season, while Elway would still have one more to try to get things right.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Fangio and Shurmur could be fired after this season, while Elway would still have one more to try to get things right.
        Elway has been the one constant over the last 5 1/2 seasons of mediocre football. Not Kubiak. Not Joseph. Not Fangio. John Elway. Why on Earth would you let Elway, in the final year of his contract, hire his fourth head coach in 6 seasons?

I would actually fire Elway before I'd fire Fangio if we're being perfectly honest. But if you get to the point where Elway is stepping down or being let go, you'd be better off just blowing everything up and starting from scratch - head coach included. That's why I'm saying that if you fire Shurmur, you just need to fire everyone involved and if you keep Shurmur you just need to keep everyone. There's nothing gained by firing a coordinator after 1 year.
        sigpic

Comment

Elway has been the one constant over the last 5 1/2 seasons of mediocre football. Not Kubiak. Not Joseph. Not Fangio. John Elway. Why on Earth would you let Elway, in the final year of his contract, hire his fourth head coach in 6 seasons?

I would actually fire Elway before I'd fire Fangio if we're being perfectly honest. But if you get to the point where Elway is stepping down or being let go, you'd be better off just blowing everything up and starting from scratch - head coach included. That's why I'm saying that if you fire Shurmur, you just need to fire everyone involved and if you keep Shurmur you just need to keep everyone. There's nothing gained by firing a coordinator after 1 year.
          I am sorry however there is everything to gain like 1 more passing yard by firing this lame O.C. of ours.

Comment

I am going to watch this week to see if some of the adjustments from the Miami game, with an actual QB, will help our running game and in turn our passing game. The problem is the Chiefs offense may dictate some play calling in this game. We may become pass first on offense. Callahan being hurt definitely does not help our pass defense.

I am not entirely against a new OC next year, but you really need to great one that will stick for many years if you aren't completely starting over QB as well. Even Tom Brady has struggled some in a new offense.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

I am sorry however there is everything to gain like 1 more passing yard by firing this lame O.C. of ours.
              But Fangio picked him, and Elway picked Fangio.

Why are fans constantly wanting to scapegoat the lowest people on the totem pole?
              sigpic

Comment

But Fangio picked him, and Elway picked Fangio.

Why are fans constantly wanting to scapegoat the lowest people on the totem pole?
                I think the world of Fangio however I see the Offensive Production and to tell you the truth is it is Offensive. I say the first to fall shall be Pat. You all know that he cannot call a game to save his life. Pat's is in charge of the Offensive Production and Play Calling You do know this correct? So if Pat is in charge and the leader of this offense then since it has been horrible since the start of the year and it has not improved one bit if you ask me if has only gotten worse like Carson Wentz Bad so he needs to go. Pat is just horrible at Play Calling and he should be fired for it.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

I think the world of Fangio however I see the Offensive Production and to tell you the truth is it is Offensive. I say the first to fall shall be Pat. You all know that he cannot call a game to save his life. Pat's is in charge of the Offensive Production and Play Calling You do know this correct? So if Pat is in charge and the leader of this offense then since it has been horrible since the start of the year and it has not improved one bit if you ask me if has only gotten worse like Carson Wentz Bad so he needs to go. Pat is just horrible at Play Calling and he should be fired for it.
                  Fangio had a productive offense with Lock when Scangarello was the coordinator last year. Fangio didn't like Scangarello and fired him, bringing in Pat Shurmur in his place.

So again, the fault needs to fall on Fangio, not Shurmur.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ellis can't be moved unless Beth Bowlen wins her case.

Elway won't be fired. Greatest Bronco ever.

Firing the head coach again is too messy.

The easy target = Offensive Coordinator.

It's a shame how we treat these coordinators. Yes, there are only 32 of these jobs in the NFL, but the Broncos OC position in particular should be considered a career-killer move at this point.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post

Fangio had a productive offense with Lock when Scangarello was the coordinator last year. Fangio didn't like Scangarello and fired him, bringing in Pat Shurmur in his place.

So again, the fault needs to fall on Fangio, not Shurmur.

So Pat Shurmur was fired from the OC Spot in Minnesota LoL 😂. Just ask Minnesota Vikings Fans about his time as their OC LOL 😂. The go ask Cleveland about Pat LOL 😂 Then ask any NY Giants fans about Pat LOL. The constant theme here is the Truth Hurts. Pat is just plain and simple Terrible at his Job and yes he should pay with his Job for this in forsaken Offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

So Pat Shurmur was fired from the OC Spot in Minnesota LoL 😂. Just ask Minnesota Vikings Fans about his time as their OC LOL 😂. The go ask Cleveland about Pat LOL 😂 Then ask any NY Giants fans about Pat LOL. The constant theme here is the Truth Hurts. Pat is just plain and simple Terrible at his Job and yes he should pay with his Job for this in forsaken Offense.
                        I can’t tell if you’re joking. But a comment like this makes it clear that you’re not very informed.

Pat Shurmur was hired from Minnesota after getting Case Keenum to the NFC Championship as the OC in 2017. How much of that was Kevin Stefanski? We will never know. Those merits alone got Shurmur the head coaching job with the Giants.

NYG’s roster was awful and Shurmur was uninspiring as a head coach, but at least he made Daniel Jones not look like a total bust during his rookie season.

And come on man, Cleveland is Cleveland. You’re not going to look good with the 2011-2012 Cleveland Browns.

Just like Wade Phillips, Shurmur might have been far from being a good HC— but he’s a respected coordinator in the league. Any comments about how he should have made it “easier” for Kendall Hinton are extremely unreasonable. They shrunk the entire playbook to a handful of plays in less than 24 hours, while getting the PS WR in rollout situations and option looks. And the Saints defense is great. What do you expect?

It’s also quite tough to execute one’s offensive gameplan when the team frequently shoots itself in the foot with penalties on 1st-and-10, having a QB who has terrible mechanics/tendencies and can’t stand tall in the pocket or refuses to peel off of his first read, and frequently getting caught in unfavorable game scripts where we have to abandon the run because we’re behind already.

The gameplan and offensive execution against Miami was a strong one. Shake the recency bias and look for improvement and growth in the little things on offense. Shurmur has been FAR from perfect this season, but he’s adjusting and trying to maximize our players’ skillsets. Continuity is going to be extremely important this offseason. Giving this young offense its THIRD OC in 3 years would be an awful mistake.
                        2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                        Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

Pat Shurmur was not fired as OC in Minnesota. He left Minnesota cause he got a chance to be a Hc at nyg. Stop giving bad information and actually look into what happened.
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm
                          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• I am so fed up with Shurmur I am ok with not only firing him but whoever wanted to fire the last OC and bring him in...be it Elway or Vic...or both.

The mindset needs to change on this team or we will never turn it around. We need people in charge who understand where we are and have a good idea how to get better. Every year it seems we get worse at understanding where we are as a team as a whole and the smaller parts of the team.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Fire Pat that is all I have to say.

Comment

• I was under the impression that Shurmur and Shula were brought in here to develop Drew Lock, and install a system that would play to his strengths. Lock hasn't developed, he's gotten worse and this system hasn't worked consistently.

Comment

Working...
                                X