Merged --- Fire everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

OR the opposition takes their foot off the gas a little bit and it allows Lock to make some plays. Against ATL his biggest plays late came when the Falcons backed off their pressure looks and allowed him a clearer look. When they start dealing up the pressure, and pressure looks (like they had early in the game) Lock started to struggle again.

Drew Lock has been bad this year. They can call that absolute perfect play at the exact perfect time, but if the QB doesn't get proper pre and post snap reads, or he goes to the wrong read too quickly, or he gets nervous and bails out of the pocket too soon (all of which happened in the first half of each of the last two games) then the play won't succeed.
    There's always more than one take....

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

There's always more than one take....
      Here's an interesting, well reasoned look at the offense and the issues from against Atlanta.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2020/...st-the-falcons

Comment

Here's an interesting, well reasoned look at the offense and the issues from against Atlanta.

Thx for that. As I mentioned, more than one way to look at things. In the case of this article, both OC and QB have some work to do.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

I am all for keeping coach Fangio however his OC hire of Pat was just plain and simple a bad choice. Like I said Pat cannot call a game to save his life its over for him I can call a better game than him and I am just a fan. Pat is clueless when the run game is working he just stops using it plus the fact that we all know Phillip should be starting as he is the spark plug 🔌 to our offense however they continue to plod out Melvin Gordon who’s signing should of never happen since all he does is Fumble the ball over and over just plain and simple sickening. When it is 3rd and 3 instead of trying to pick up the 1st down to build confidence in the offense he will dial up a 40 yard Bomb 💣 that will never be completed so therefore causing another 3 n out and wearing out out Good Defense. Its over for Pat unless he can change and he will not so yeah good luck to us fans who have to watch this lame offense. While we are at it Denver also needs to fire the Special Teams Coach 2 Tom.
          I know I can too.
          Let's Madden '18; winner becomes Denver's new OC.

I'm not a fan of Gordon's either.
          Booker (1M) looks rejuvenated in Vegas.
          Maybe it's their OL, OC, or simply just Booker?

Comment

Thanks for posting the link.

(66) Risner looked sloppy in several of the clips. 🤮

What's going on with him? YIKES!

Comment

Shurmur is not helping Drew lock out at all. Lindsay gets 4 carries for the game, no creative run plays. only run up the middle on first down. no quick passes. no screens. no qb keeps, well we had that one but fant had that penalty

Comment

Originally posted by Dotst View Post
                Shurmur is not helping Drew lock out at all. Lindsay gets 4 carries for the game, no creative run plays. only run up the middle on first down. no quick passes. no screens. no qb keeps, well we had that one but fant had that penalty
                Play calling might not be good, but Pat didn't throw 4 picks.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

The play calling is just downright Horrible. Sickening.

Comment

Look how well DJ playing in NY now that he’s gone and what he did to DL.

Comment

Yep the OC needs to be fired without a Doubt what did Denver have in yardage in the 3rd Quarter? 1 Yard ? LOL LOL LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                        Look how well DJ playing in NY now that he’s gone and what he did to DL.
                        Daniel Jones has 8TD and 9INT there are actually a lot of similarities so far. Shurmur has not helped out Lock at all. I will give everyone that. Deep in our own territory 3 and 1 you call whatever it was they couldn't block at all, when we were running it at least somewhat effectively. The Raiders had lousy sack numbers and yet no adjustment was made when it was very obvious they were getting to our QB a lot.

We have decent RB's use them in the pass as well. Use Hamler in screens. Fine Lock for throwing into triple coverage unless we are down by 20 and we just have to try something. Shurmur really hasn't been relevant with success in about 8 years. That is a huge change for the NFL in style of play and talent changes.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                          Yep the OC needs to be fired without a Doubt what did Denver have in yardage in the 3rd Quarter? 1 Yard ? LOL LOL LOL.
                          Only had 4 plays in the 3rd quarter.

Comment

At this point, it is clearly not working with Shurmur. You can't keep someone simply for the sake of consistency.

As several people have stated, Shurmur hasn't exactly been great when he's had control of the offense. In 9 such seasons (including current), his best offense was 11th in yards and 10th in points. Other than that, he's had ONE season of top 20 yards (2018 Giants) and 2 top 20 points (2018, 2019 Giants). He's averaged about 24th in yards and 23rd in points over his career. Expecting even a top 15 offense seems like a big stretch with Shurmur.

While I believe there is shared failure, Lock has regressed in every meaningful statistical category under Shurmur. Shurmur had to have Melvin Gordon because Lindsay supposedly wasn't a good enough receiver. Gordon is on pace for the fewest number of targets and receptions since his rookie season. His catch rate is 69% - less than Lindsay's 72.9% last year. He's on pace for a whopping 2-3 extra catches over what Lidsay had last season. Lock may be struggling, but that is not how you utilize the $8M running back you had to have for your system.

So many people say the real issue is Elway not addressing the Oline. I disagree. You've got a left tackle playing very well, a 2nd round draft pick at LG, a 3rd rounder at C, a high price free agent a RG. There has, of course, been various issues a RT. I may get heat for this, but there is a problem with Shurmurs scheme, Munchak's coaching, or both. It's time for Munchak to start showing why he has the reputation as one of the top Oline coaches in the league.

The same Oline issues show up every week. Missed assignments, free rushers, confusion. Risner seems to be regressing. Cushenberry is up and down but not showing as quick of growth as I would expect from the 2nd or 3rd rated center in the draft. I know PFF isn't a gold standard, but even Glasgow is rated lower this year than last. And Munchak's reported favorites - including Elijah Wilkinson, Jake Rodgers, and Patrick Morris - have been terrible. I even have questions about Bolles development. Surely Munchak has had a hand in it, but Bolles hired Ken Zampese during last season as a personal coach so how much credit goes to Munchak vs. Zampese?

Comment

Just a general comment after 9 games:

As for Lock, he has regressed from his rookie season (of just 5 games). Rate is down from 89.7 to 66.5. And the early injury bug was very difficult for The Broncs. But outside of Sutton, most O players are back. So I am not sure what to say, because we can not use excuses, given other teams have injuries as well.

Not sure what the dynamics are between him and Shurmur. But I am not understanding the regressive nature, now that they've been together for over half a season, and with more players in the lineup. Sophomore jinx??? Possibly. But that does not have to be the case for everyone.

Comment

When your Running Back is Running the Ball Very Good and in the Las Vegas Raider game Melvin Gordon was running with a Purpose and WoW he was getting some nice chunks and all of Sudden You do not dial any up any more Running Plays What are you really doing as an Offensive Coordinator because obviously you are not doing your Job. 1 Whole Yard of Offense in the 3rd Quarter is Downright Laughable So Yeah we have a Clown running the offense and the Joke is on all of us Fans !!

Comment

Working...
                                X