Fire John Elway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Spice 1;n8336608]

Ooops,,, I always look for spelling problems but that one happened to slip by!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

Ooops,,, I always look for spelling problems but that one happened to slip by!!!!
      Just having some fun, man. Been pretty serous 'round here. Good theme song for our season, though.

We got another year to run this back. Best we can do is sit back, relax, and hope for the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

Not only just to win but to see some heart and competition as oppose to the garbage we’re seeing every Sunday.
        Roger Goodell is somewhat responsible for this debacle as well, it’s one thing to have a functioning owner and be bad like the browns and lions but Roger knows the reason this is happening is because Denver has no ownership.

How long will we have sit back and watch Joe Eliss collect a huge pay check from a horribly bad product just because he’s close friends with the commissioner!
        I don’t know, is the ownership thing just a convenient excuse? Bowlen never did much, basically sat back, signed the checks, and let the football guys make the decisions (as any good owner should). On top of that, he had been out of the picture entirely from around 2010/2011 on.

I agree the team needs an owner, this trust thing is ridiculous. But, I highly doubt that’s the golden ticket that’s going to fix everything.

I know nobody likes this answer, but every team has down years, the Broncos did pretty good avoiding them for decades, but now it’s our time to suffer, it’s been long overdue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

I don’t know, is the ownership thing just a convenient excuse? Bowlen never did much, basically sat back, signed the checks, and let the football guys make the decisions (as any good owner should). On top of that, he had been out of the picture entirely from around 2010/2011 on.

I agree the team needs an owner, this trust thing is ridiculous. But, I highly doubt that’s the golden ticket that’s going to fix everything.

I know nobody likes this answer, but every team has down years, the Broncos did pretty good avoiding them for decades, but now it’s our time to suffer, it’s been long overdue.
          Bowlen hired the right football coaches. not to mention he was involved alot more behind the scenes. no former player when Bowlen was health doesn't just ooze respect for him. He obviously did more behind the scenes then he did in public veiw. he also got the Right football people into the right places.
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• I think Fangio has the defense playing with plenty of heart, we have the basics of a good, hard hitting, nasty defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

Bowlen hired the right football coaches. not to mention he was involved alot more behind the scenes. no former player when Bowlen was health doesn't just ooze respect for him. He obviously did more behind the scenes then he did in public veiw. he also got the Right football people into the right places.
              No doubt he was a good owner, I just don’t think the ownership problem is a magic fix all. There’s bad owners in the NFL (Snyder, Bidwills), teams with no owners (Broncos, Packers), and teams with good owners. Is there a connection between the owner and winning? Maybe some I guess.... But there’s much bigger factors, such as the overall talent on a team.

I remember during the last rough stretch we went through from 2007-2010, a ton of people on this forum saying Bowlen was the problem, he’s out of money, needs to sell the team, blah blah blah. Just seems like once everybody else has been blamed, fans turn to the owner, or lack of one in this case.

Comment

No doubt he was a good owner, I just don’t think the ownership problem is a magic fix all. There’s bad owners in the NFL (Snyder, Bidwills), teams with no owners (Broncos, Packers), and teams with good owners. Is there a connection between the owner and winning? Maybe some I guess.... But there’s much bigger factors, such as the overall talent on a team.

I remember during the last rough stretch we went through from 2007-2010, a ton of people on this forum saying Bowlen was the problem, he’s out of money, needs to sell the team, blah blah blah. Just seems like once everybody else has been blamed, fans turn to the owner, or lack of one in this case.
                i still blame this on elways poor drafting through the years. thats why we are where we are. there is no doubt on that. i do think Elway has had a longer leash then most GMs at this point. it could because of lack of ownership or his legend in denver. but he has not drafted well.
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm

Comment

Yes, every team has down years. That is not in dispute. The question for the Broncos is whether they are prepared to take the necessary steps to end the stop the hemorrhaging. They know Elway is responsible for this mess. Strong leaders would make the hard decisions. Weak leaders would wait for Elway’s contract to expire (costing another lost season) to avoid conflict.

Comment

Pat Bowlen was very much involved before he was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s who some say was as far back as 2005!

The true problem is a very bad front office featuring John Elway and Matt Russell. A functioning owner would be worried about ticket and merchandise sales dropping and yes a functioning owner would had held John Elway and Matt Russell accountable years ago!

Yes ownership definitely matters!

Comment

• Elway has drafted 13 Offensive Linemen during his tenure, signed a few FA OL as well. It's not that he isn't drafting OL help or signing OL help, it's that he's not re-signing the good OL we end up having. As well injuries seem to be a very common issues for Broncos OL, seems like our OL is always beat up. Which brings a lot of issues outside of the injuries themselves. When you are constantly rotating linemen, you are lacking any consistency, any cohesion.
                      An OL with good cohesion has linemen who know each in and out and can make up for each other in certain situations.

We've lacked having a real unite up front, part of that is Elway's fault for not re-signing guys. But part of it is also injuries and under performing players. We might have also given up on players too soon. We've expected players to be great out the gate, when some do need time, especially now. I remember Mark Schlereth talking about it a couple years ago how OL don't have the same coaching, training, overall practice like they use to with changes done to the NFL rules. So some linemen are taking longer to develop.

We aren't giving people time to develop. In that's not entirely Elways fault. We have to not be afraid to pay OL, Green Bay just made David Bakhtiari highest paid lineman in history. Why? because David is arguably the best tackle in the NFL. Packers OL has a habit of looking good sometimes and looking outright terrible other times. Because of injuries. When healthy they have a solid OL because they re-sign their players.

Bolles and Risner are the only Linemen from 2019 on the active roster. That's nuts from a consistency and cohesion standpoint. (JuWan was also on the 2019 team but he's on IR)
                      Bolles is the only linemen from the 2018 roster.

That's massive.

We aren't re-signing guys, we aren't even trying to be consistent with the OL.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

i still blame this on elways poor drafting through the years. thats why we are where we are. there is no doubt on that. i do think Elway has had a longer leash then most GMs at this point. it could because of lack of ownership or his legend in denver. but he has not drafted well.
                        Of course, draft has been poor leaving a talent void, everybody knows that. Elway likely needs to go at this point, too many losing seasons, too many bad decisions.

Poor drafting though isn’t anything new for this team, it’s been 20+ years for poor drafting. First Shanahan, then McDaniels, and now Elway. The crappy drafts isn’t exclusively an Elway problem.

If you want to point the finger anywhere, it’s been Elway’s free agent pickups that have been an absolute disaster. This team has been able to overcome the poor drafts with free agents, up until the last few years.

Comment

Of course, draft has been poor leaving a talent void, everybody knows that. Elway likely needs to go at this point, too many losing seasons, too many bad decisions.

Poor drafting though isn’t anything new for this team, it’s been 20+ years for poor drafting. First Shanahan, then McDaniels, and now Elway. The crappy drafts isn’t exclusively an Elway problem.

If you want to point the finger anywhere, it’s been Elway’s free agent pickups that have been an absolute disaster. This team has been able to overcome the poor drafts with free agents, up until the last few years.
                          a tthe same point. there was a few good picks during the Shanahan and McDaniels era. there has been some with elway. but not nearly as much.
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm

Comment

a tthe same point. there was a few good picks during the Shanahan and McDaniels era. there has been some with elway. but not nearly as much.
                            I’m thinking about the same level of suckiness between all them. McDaniels drafted Decker and DT, but c’mon, trading a 1st for Alphonso Smith, Darcel Mcbath & Richard Quinn in the 2nd, that’s next level crapiness.

Shanny’s 2006 draft was pure gold, but outside that, garbage like Jarvis Moss, Maurice Clarett, George “false start” Foster.

Either way it’s not worth arguing over, it’s mostly just different levels of bad. Like I said, FA signings and trades have bailed out this team’s bad drafts for over a decade, up until the last few years. That’s been Elway’s biggest failure, absolutely horrendous free agent signings.

Comment

• Is it just my imagination, or has anyone else noticed that when players, coaches or other staff leave the Broncos organization they do better when they go somewhere else?

Comment

• Originally posted by mainBroncos60 View Post
                                Is it just my imagination, or has anyone else noticed that when players, coaches or other staff leave the Broncos organization they do better when they go somewhere else?
                                They are put into good situations and probably given time to work. Even the Packers gave Billy Turner a 4yr deal. Other teams aren't as quick to ditch players and are fine with giving Denver's castaways a new chance. Will say fan pressure might play a role at least a little. Broncos fans are pretty brutal and inconsistent.
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Broncos:
                                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                                X