Fire John Elway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post

In 2012-2014 you could have argued this, but we are slowly getting further and further away from that date, and further removed from having Manning (Elway's greatest signing) being in our corner, which was immediate leverage in any negotiation. Now, other areas, re-signing and retaining talent, no, drafting as you mentioned, no, free agency for at least the last 6 years, no, hiring of coaches, no, I am more inclined to ask what would does he do well ?

I love how now the blame has now shifted to the ownership, and a few Elway apologists are even predicting no change until that situation is rectified, please. Elway is still trying, how has lack of management affected his ability to perform ? Elway on his exuberant salary still has the cash at his disposal and is just spending it poorly year after year. Elway has still had the same privileges as when Bowlen was around when it comes to the draft, he wasn't good at it then and he remains bad at it now. The fact is an inability to draft by Elway for an extended period has led us here, and as some people have seen now for years, Elway is just not good at his job.
    Elway should definitely get the blame!!!!! Once again Elway should 100% get the blame!!!.....That is what comes with the position he is in. My point on ownership is who will hire the new GM? Joe Ellis? Other members of the trust? , one of the Bowlen kids? I’m not comfortable with any of those people finding a new GM to improve the direction of this team. I think the owner situation needs to be resolved sooner rather then later and that person in charge should find a GM that works with their vision of the future for this team. I’ve never had a problem with Elway being fired I just want his replacement to be an improvement not some guy.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I tend to agree. As long as he shows a willingness to grow and learn from his mistakes, it should work out well. Sooner or later you have to show patience and build around what you have. There are times that GMs hang on too long because of the investment they made. This is too early in the process for that to be a real concern. Lets hope Lock makes it clear that he is worth the wait. Ha ha, some pros are like children....terrible 2s!
      And as much as I hate this comparison but it’s similar to the Browns. Mayfield isn’t great but they have a lot of pieces around him and they are currently 7-3

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

And as much as I hate this comparison but it’s similar to the Browns. Mayfield isn’t great but they have a lot of pieces around him and they are currently 7-3
        That's a pretty good comparison, given the players are not necessarily the same type. Not every contender has a pro bowl QB. But it helps.

Comment

• 55mil on the IR would kill any team

Comment

• Originally posted by MHOC View Post
            55mil on the IR would kill any team
            So that's is the excuse this year, what was it last year ? What about the 2 losing seasons before that ?

Comment

So that's is the excuse this year, what was it last year ? What about the 2 losing seasons before that ?
              It's what fans do. Gotta find an excuse.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

probably not having a QB I would think. The most important position in football. The one that literally decides if a team will be a winner or not.
                If you missed it, we have not had a QB for 5 years.
                So far:
                FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

It's what fans do. Gotta find an excuse.
                  I personal think fans are much better at finding someone to blame.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Fans are really good at fixing all the problems too! Fire everyone and hire and draft better!
                    if only it was that easy
                    sigpic

Comment

• Me being a Elway "apologist" (I suppose), which I think is kinda a derogatory term, I say he has earned the right to play out his contract in Denver.

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                        Fans are really good at fixing all the problems too! Fire everyone and hire and draft better!
                        if only it was that easy
                        Talking like that could get you fired.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                          Me being a Elway "apologist" (I suppose), which I think is kinda a derogatory term, I say he has earned the right to play out his contract in Denver.

I don’t know that he’s necessarily earned the right, but seems like the logical thing to do for the organization.

It allows Elway to walk away gracefully.
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Have enjoyed watching the Denver Broncos play for a long time. If things are as bad as some say, how to account for the way they played yesterday? Coaches and players must be doing some things right. It's been a season of adversity with many obstacles. Blame where blame is earned; credit where credit is due.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                              if only it was that easy
                              Heck yeah. Make me GM. I’ll trade for Mahomes, Kamara, Michael Thomas, Kittle, Aaron Donald, sign them all to long term deals and still have at least 10 mil in cap space. I’ve done it on Madden all the time. And I’ll convince Belichick to quit the Pats and be our HC.
                              Last edited by Megalodon30; 11-23-2020, 05:32 PM.
                              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

I don’t know that he’s necessarily earned the right, but seems like the logical thing to do for the organization.

It allows Elway to walk away gracefully.
                                Well, I was just thinking, (and I appreciate your opinion) But, The Denver Broncos organization as a whole has won 3 with Elway being a part of the organization, and 0 ZERO without Elway, that's why I was thinking he kinda earned his place here as GM with the Broncos.
                                (John Elway IS the Denver Broncos)

THANKS #7 FOR ALL YOU DO FOR US!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X