Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire John Elway

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Every one of Elway’s noteworthy FA signings the last few years, has been a complete disaster.

    Ja’Wuan James - Highest paid RT in the league, played in 3 games in 3 years

    Bryce Callahan - Although he’s played well, just 10 games in 2 years is not good.

    AJ Bouye - Only 7 games and is now suspended

    Glasgow - He’s ok, but was outplayed by Muti, who is younger and cheaper

    Flacco - Lol

    Casey - Got a whopping 3 games out of him

    Driskel - He somehow managed to lose 2 games for us

    Sadly, Elway’s best FA move the last 2 years has been Sam Martin, the punter....

    Comment


    • Can’t really call Casey a disaster by the GM unless you can show the player had a history of being injured prior to being signed.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

      Comment


      • Originally posted by broncolee View Post
        Can’t really call Casey a disaster by the GM unless you can show the player had a history of being injured prior to being signed.
        He's going to miss more games this season for the Broncos (13) than he did in 9 seasons with the Titans (5). Graham Glasgow has also already missed more games this season for the Broncos (3) than he did in 4 seasons with the Lions (2).

        It's been one of those years.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by broncolee View Post
          Can’t really call Casey a disaster by the GM unless you can show the player had a history of being injured prior to being signed.
          What would you call it then? He played in 3 games and got hurt, $11 million sitting on IR for practically no production. The Broncos took on his bloated salary that the Titans couldn’t wait to drop. Do you really think he gets traded for just a 7th if the Titans honestly believed he had anything left in the tank?

          Regardless of the situation going in, it’s now another Elway move that failed miserably.

          Comment


          • he also got casey for aa 6th which is still great value for the player.

            they needed to make moves to hold on to Tannehill and henry cause they where off contract otherwise and there cap room was bad. it is not that they believe he had nothing in the tank. its more they needed to make moves to lock up Tannehill and Henry. losing either of those would have been a huge blow to Ten.
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
              Every one of Elway’s noteworthy FA signings the last few years, has been a complete disaster.

              Ja’Wuan James - Highest paid RT in the league, played in 3 games in 3 years

              Bryce Callahan - Although he’s played well, just 10 games in 2 years is not good.

              AJ Bouye - Only 7 games and is now suspended

              Glasgow - He’s ok, but was outplayed by Muti, who is younger and cheaper

              Flacco - Lol

              Casey - Got a whopping 3 games out of him

              Driskel - He somehow managed to lose 2 games for us

              Sadly, Elway’s best FA move the last 2 years has been Sam Martin, the punter....
              Finishing my thoughts here, by my quick count this is $50 million of the teams current cap space eaten up by these players, most of which have had little to no impact. Nearly a third of the teams total cap is currently taken by those players listed above.

              Sitting at 5-9, would the team be any worse without them? At 5-9 does it matter even if they were worse? Having an extra $50 million, which essentially has gone to very little, would be nice to rollover for next year.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

                What would you call it then? He played in 3 games and got hurt, $11 million sitting on IR for practically no production. The Broncos took on his bloated salary that the Titans couldn’t wait to drop. Do you really think he gets traded for just a 7th if the Titans honestly believed he had anything left in the tank?

                Regardless of the situation going in, it’s now another Elway move that failed miserably.
                Seriously, and I don’t believe Fangio or Donatell we’re ever consulted on this move otherwise it’s most likely out voted by them and the rest of the coaching staff who are more of the experts IMO.

                It is so reminiscent of bad owners making moves without ever consulting the coaching staff.

                Does anyone remember how Jerry Jones tried to go over his coaching staffs heads on draft day by writing Johnny Manziel’s name on the draft card Or how the Houston Texans owner stupidly signed Brock Osweiler without consulting Bill O’Brien? A lot of these free agent moves the last few years have been so reminiscent.
                Last edited by Sam_Z; 12-22-2020, 10:16 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

                  Finishing my thoughts here, by my quick count this is $50 million of the teams current cap space eaten up by these players, most of which have had little to no impact. Nearly a third of the teams total cap is currently taken by those players listed above.

                  Sitting at 5-9, would the team be any worse without them? At 5-9 does it matter even if they were worse? Having an extra $50 million, which essentially has gone to very little, would be nice to rollover for next year.
                  It’s even more disheartening when you realize that good players like CHJ and Derek Wolfe will retire elsewhere instead of Denver because Denver refused dedicate any of that 50 million to resigning them. I guess they were basically drafted by Brian Xander So it really didn’t matter!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

                    It’s even more disheartening when you realize that good players like CHJ and Derek Wolfe will retire elsewhere instead of Denver because Denver refused dedicate any of that 50 million to resigning them. I guess they were basically drafted by Brian Xander So it really didn’t matter!
                    Chj has dropped off a cliff recently
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm
                    latavis murray trade bait

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

                      It’s even more disheartening when you realize that good players like CHJ and Derek Wolfe will retire elsewhere instead of Denver because Denver refused dedicate any of that 50 million to resigning them. I guess they were basically drafted by Brian Xander So it really didn’t matter!
                      Harris turned down a 3 year 36 million deal, and Wolfe was in the way of younger guys like Dremont Jones and Demarcus Walker. At some point you have to move on from young to old.
                      Team needs to get younger.

                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Bootleg View Post

                        He's going to miss more games this season for the Broncos (13) than he did in 9 seasons with the Titans (5). Graham Glasgow has also already missed more games this season for the Broncos (3) than he did in 4 seasons with the Lions (2).

                        It's been one of those years.
                        You should have used your psychic abilities to warn Elway BEFORE signing Glasgow and Casey they would be injured and that there would be a pandemic before firing Scrang. I have a feeling we wouldn't have switched OCs if Elway knew there would be no off season.

                        It's hard to blame Elway for the two biggest mistakes IMO, not hiring Kyle Shanhan and going with Vance, then the next year not hiring Mike Shanahan and keeping VJ another year. From what I understand, both decisions were on Joe Ellis. However, blaming Elway for Kubiak getting ill is pretty lame.

                        Comment


                        • Kubiak was probably sick of Elway.
                          What "good coach" would want to be a straw head coach when Elway's A personality has to make all decisions while he sits hidden and safe in the booth watching the game? He's got such a tough job..
                          "The good old boys" running the team , that the Bowlen' should own.
                          None of the kids will ever be qualified to run the Broncos as well as Ellis & Elway have..
                          What a sad situation. Hope the courts agree Pat was not thinking clearly when her Joe and trust decide when or even if they should receive the JE boys team.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by drhiii View Post

                            Does Elway still have a car dealership? He can go do that I guess.
                            Multi millionaires can pretty much do whatever they want. Car dealerships owned by high profile athletes are a source for walking around money and the prestige knowing they have a business with a large electric sign on a pole 100 feet in the air with their name on top of it.
                            Utah Bronco Freak

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                              Most fundamental question to Elway supporters: how many more losing seasons must we endure to convince you Elway needs to be fired?
                              And possibly more losing seasons.....nothing is automatically a good thing or guaranteed.
                              Utah Bronco Freak

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                                Harris turned down a 3 year 36 million deal, and Wolfe was in the way of younger guys like Dremont Jones and Demarcus Walker. At some point you have to move on from young to old.
                                Team needs to get younger.
                                And “at some point we need to move on” from John and the insulting low balling.

                                The GM “needs to get younger“!

                                HAHAHA You said Demarcus Walker? Ain’t that a grasp for straws!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X