No announcement yet.

Fire John Elway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside of the Elway fan club comments being made, I suspect he will be remembered in one of two ways. Elway will be remembered as a HOF quarterback with many fans trying to forget his time as a GM, which is what I hope for. The other is him being remembered as a horrible GM and many forgetting his success as a HOF QB and his legacy badly damaged. I suspect his personality won't let himself walk away before things turn into the second scenario.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
      Every one of Elway’s noteworthy FA signings the last few years, has been a complete disaster.

Ja’Wuan James - Highest paid RT in the league, played in 3 games in 3 years

Bryce Callahan - Although he’s played well, just 10 games in 2 years is not good.

AJ Bouye - Only 7 games and is now suspended

Glasgow - He’s ok, but was outplayed by Muti, who is younger and cheaper

Flacco - Lol

Casey - Got a whopping 3 games out of him

Driskel - He somehow managed to lose 2 games for us

Sadly, Elway’s best FA move the last 2 years has been Sam Martin, the punter....
      Elway's record post Manning is 45-59 and USA Today had him ranked as the 19th or 20th best GM. Very unimpressive like what the Broncos have become. I would think little will change until the Trust or a new owner actually makes a change.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZBobalu View Post
        Outside of the Elway fan club comments being made, I suspect he will be remembered in one of two ways. Elway will be remembered as a HOF quarterback with many fans trying to forget his time as a GM, which is what I hope for. The other is him being remembered as a horrible GM and many forgetting his success as a HOF QB and his legacy badly damaged. I suspect his personality won't let himself walk away before things turn into the second scenario.
        It’s not only his personality but the fans that give him chance after chance that don’t allow him to walk away either.

He don’t see his errors because they don’t hold him accountable to see his errors.
        Last edited by Sam_Z; 12-24-2020, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZBobalu View Post
          Outside of the Elway fan club comments being made, I suspect he will be remembered in one of two ways. Elway will be remembered as a HOF quarterback with many fans trying to forget his time as a GM, which is what I hope for. The other is him being remembered as a horrible GM and many forgetting his success as a HOF QB and his legacy badly damaged. I suspect his personality won't let himself walk away before things turn into the second scenario.
          The shiny fun side of the coin:
          Absolute true Bronco fans should know Elway's entire history from college to the final gun in Super Bowl 33. As a player his path has been an incredible, rewarding, highly successful career as an NFL football player who also happens to be a HOF QB with back to back SB trophies and much more. Never stop the admiration or forget that John Elway.

The dull defective side of the coin:
          Everybody is an armchair QB / GM.
          Hard to follow every little / big thing happening within the organization
          Bronco fans hate losing, who do we blame, one man only?

Be thankful John helped the team earn SB 50. Don't forget that John Elway.

The history of all NFL teams in defined by peaks and valleys. Patience....please! Focus on the good and enjoy the rewards.
          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

It’s not only his personality but the fans that give him chance after chance that don’t allow him to walk away either.

He don’t see his errors because they don’t hold him accountable to see his errors.
            And he must either be very fragile or a loose cannon that the press is so afraid of him to ask a few questions about the poor performance of the team he has bought for the past 5 years.
            I just don't get it. Are they just so afraid of him or is he still their rock star hero in their eyes? They are not afraid of the president of the US so I don't know why they would be afraid of a president of football operations for a failing team.
            I used to like Mike Kliss until he insinuated that Chubs made the Pro Bowl but Allen did not, insinuating that Elway made the right draft choice. OMG, do they all drink elway's kool aid?

Why are they afraid to ask Ellis if the Bowlen family will ever be able to assume ownership of their team by his choice or will the courts have to decide? Why is he not bringing all interested family members in to bring their suggestions and thought on how this football team has been a loser for 5 years, and probably several more if it werent for Manning.
            The Denver Broncos were not suppose to be their own team for zero investment like an owner has to do.
            Can any one tell me why?
            OK, Ramble's all done, Merry Christmas guys (-:
            Last edited by MrMax; 12-24-2020, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMax
              And he must either be very either very fragile or a loose cannon that the press is so afraid of him to ask a few questions about the poor performance of the team he has bought for the past 5 years.
              I just don't get it. Are they just so afraid of him or is he still their rock star hero in their eyes? They are not afraid of the president of the US so I don't know why they would be afraid of a president of football operations for a failing team.
              I used to like Mike Kliss until he insinuated that Chubs made the Pro Bowl but Allen did not, insinuating that Elway made the right draft choice. OMG, do they all drink elway's kool aid?

Why are they afraid to ask Ellis if the Bowlen family will ever be able to assume ownership of their team by his choice or will the courts have to decide? Why is he not bringing all interested family members in to bring their suggestions and thought on how this football team has been a loser for 5 years, and probably several more if it werent for Manning.
              The Denver Broncos were not suppose to be their own team for zero investment like an owner has to do.
              Can any one tell me why?
              OK, Ramble's all done, Merry Christmas guys (-:
              They’re all afraid of losing access to the facility! They should all toss him under the bus therefore he’d realize he can’t bar all of them however he’d had have some secondary press writers in there like the southwest denver herald or El Semanario.

Elway is nowhere near as swift as she thinks he is and the citizens of Denver are also a lot smarter than he realizes to believe anything coming out of dove valley anymore.
              Last edited by Sam_Z; 12-24-2020, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• Is this sarcasm or just trying to be funny?

Mike Klis

@MikeKlis
                ·
                Dec 21
                Broncos OLB Bradley Chubb a Pro Bowl starter; Bills QB Josh Allen is not. Huh? Huh? Who says Elway blew it? #9sports

Comment

• * Sorry double post

Comment

• Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                    All Broncos Country needs to rise up and let Joe Ellis know it is okay to fire Elway. We love the Broncos more than we love Elway, and we will embrace the hiring of a real personnel expert to run the organization.
                    Firing Elway works only if the "owner(s)" know something about football. I'm not so sure Ellis does. Sounds to me he's more of the bean counter type. This team needs an owner who wants to win. Not sure even the Bowlen family gives a **** about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

Firing Elway works only if the "owner(s)" know something about football. I'm not so sure Ellis does. Sounds to me he's more of the bean counter type. This team needs an owner who wants to win. Not sure even the Bowlen family gives a **** about that.
                      What could they do when they’re basically barred from the facility by the trust. All except for Brittany and Annabel but Annabel has Alzheimer’s so there isn’t much she could do.

It’s a crime that Ellis has been allowed to get away with this garbage as long as he has.
                      Last edited by Sam_Z; 12-25-2020, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMax View Post
                        Is this sarcasm or just trying to be funny?

Mike Klis

@MikeKlis
                        ·
                        Dec 21
                        Broncos OLB Bradley Chubb a Pro Bowl starter; Bills QB Josh Allen is not. Huh? Huh? Who says Elway blew it? #9sports
                        Na dude he’s dead serious, but I’m wondering how much John is paying him to be an idiot?

I really hope it's worth Mikes reputation here in Denver!

Comment

Na dude he’s dead serious, but I’m wondering how much John is paying him to be an idiot?

Mike Klis is only useful in that when he reports something its only because its the official stance of the FO. Otherwise he's a paid shill that doesn't have his own voice. As if we would really not want Josh Allen over Chubb right now. Smh
                          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

No way Elway pays Klis anything. The deal is Elway gives Klis a few exclusives each year, enough for 9News to justify keeping Klis.

But football fans know Klis is a clown. He knows nothing about football or journalism. I am dumbfounded how he got the job in the first place. The Broncos and our fans deserve a real football journalist covering Nd the Broncos beat for the top local news network!

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                              Every one of Elway’s noteworthy FA signings the last few years, has been a complete disaster.

Ja’Wuan James - Highest paid RT in the league, played in 3 games in 3 years

Bryce Callahan - Although he’s played well, just 10 games in 2 years is not good.

AJ Bouye - Only 7 games and is now suspended

Glasgow - He’s ok, but was outplayed by Muti, who is younger and cheaper

Flacco - Lol

Casey - Got a whopping 3 games out of him

Driskel - He somehow managed to lose 2 games for us

Sadly, Elway’s best FA move the last 2 years has been Sam Martin, the punter....
                              To be honest - Casey, Bouye and Flacco were not Free Agent signings. They were trades for players who had little or no guarantied money left on their contracts. Denver can and most likely will move on from them with taking a future Cap hit. All those moves were to try to patch holes in the roster without mortgaging the future through free agency. Driskel is a backup QB and getting paid at the bottom of the QB scale - not what I consider a notable free agent signing. But you did fail to mention Kareem Jackson who is playing at a high level or Melvin Gordon who has been solid.

I will give you that James is really disappointing, Callahan is injury prone. But Glasgow while being overpaid next year at least is a reliable start, you really wanted to go into the season with a rookie guard who had an injury history in College.

Comment

• Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post

No way Elway pays Klis anything. The deal is Elway gives Klis a few exclusives each year, enough for 9News to justify keeping Klis.

But football fans know Klis is a clown. He knows nothing about football or journalism. I am dumbfounded how he got the job in the first place. The Broncos and our fans deserve a real football journalist covering Nd the Broncos beat for the top local news network!
                                What’s so bad is how they ran Nicki Jhabvala out of town. She relied on a position as a sports writer for the athletic until Klis started attacking her on Twitter and through the air waves and suddenly she’s no longer welcome at team headquarters.

Klis had to be the only breaking news and well she just Couldn’t make it without the ability to report on the team however she was really good at what she did, a lot better than Klis who’s dumbfounded himself on how he got the position as well!

Comment

Working...
                                X