So we should fire a GM with a:
      • 90-68 record
      • 2 Super Bowl Appearances
      • 1 Lombardi trophy

And replace him with Rick Smith...who has:
      • 92-100 record
      • No Super Bowl appearances
      • No trophies

Dude stop your whining, I said he’d be my 3rd choice.

You could post your little statistics all you want but his team doesn’t have 5 straight losing Seasons nor does he have to continually search for a quarter back every year so TRY AGAIN!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

Dude stop your whining, I said he’d be my 3rd choice.

You could post your little statistics all you want but his team doesn’t have 5 straight losing Seasons nor does he have to continually search for a quarter back every year so TRY AGAIN!
        No, no, dude.

Tell us more about your brilliant plan.

Hire Rick Smith as GM. What's next...lure Rich Kotite out of retirement?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post

No, no, dude.

Tell us more about your brilliant plan.

Hire Rick Smith as GM. What's next...lure Rich Kotite out of retirement?
          His team isnt as bad off as Elways team is, is it.
          Now deal with it and find better material or go home.
          Last edited by Sam_Z; 12-27-2020, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• So over some posters just posting for attention

Comment

• I've already accepted that Elway and Fangio will return next year. Shurmur too, probably.

I'm not happy about it. I have no reason to think that next year will be anything but another disappointing year.

I can only hope that they bring in legitimate competition for Lock. Would really like to bring in Jameis Winston, if possible.

And Elway needs to have a great draft. First round needs to be defense, or OT, depending on where we pick.

Comment

So we should fire a GM with a:
                • 90-68 record
                • 2 Super Bowl Appearances
                • 1 Lombardi trophy

And replace him with Rick Smith...who has:
                • 92-100 record
                • No Super Bowl appearances
                • No trophies

Just people just want to see one guy burn.

Last edited by Hadez; 12-27-2020, 08:28 AM.
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• It would be interesting if the forums broke down which posters had how many posts in each thread. This thread is currently 291 posts...I know I have my ideas about which posters are leading the pack.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

His team isnt as bad off as Elways team is, is it.
                    Now deal with it and find better material or go home.
                    Broncos are 5-9 and the Texans are 4-10.

Would you like to try again?

Comment

• If Elway had taken Lock in the first like many wanted (and many are treating him) the narrative would be- just wait until he gets a quality TE this draft.

For all the struggles Elway has had, drafting Lock is really not one of them. Elway passed on Lock and it may be one of the better moves he has made. We had a chance at 10, 20, 41 but other needs and "value" superceded and Elway made the call to pass. When he was still available after we got our target (Risner) then he became worth the shot.

It seems to me Lock is exactly who Elway thought he was on draft weekend.....too risky to go after but worth the shot if still available in rd 2 and less costly. I think that was a great move and I'm still holding out hope Lock becomes a great player, but his development does not HAVE TO come on the field and at the expense of others growth (WR, TE, Oline specifically).

We have two years with Lock remaining, regardless of his feelings toward a QB competition. If we bring in another QB the better one will start. If we're lucky Drew Lock stands out. It's unreasonable to just expect it though, we need to put the team first and bring in a better QB. If Lock beats him out, than great for us.
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

• The only thing keeping Elway employed is the misperception among Bronco fans that COVID and injuries cost us this season. Elway always has an excuse for losing:

2016: “we just won the Super Bowl and lost Peyton.”
                        2017: “Vance Joseph is new, give him time.”
                        2018: “we need to find a QB”
                        2019: “give Lock and Fangio time to grow”
                        2020: “COVID and injuries cost us the season.”

how many more losing seasons before people see through Elway’s failure!

Comment

• Originally posted by AZBobalu View Post
                          Outside of the Elway fan club comments being made, I suspect he will be remembered in one of two ways. Elway will be remembered as a HOF quarterback with many fans trying to forget his time as a GM, which is what I hope for. The other is him being remembered as a horrible GM and many forgetting his success as a HOF QB and his legacy badly damaged. I suspect his personality won't let himself walk away before things turn into the second scenario.
                          Are you for real? You think Elway's legacy will be forgotten because you are unhappy with him? LOL. I don't understand the mentality.

Comment

• Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                            The only thing keeping Elway employed is the misperception among Bronco fans that COVID and injuries cost us this season. Elway always has an excuse for losing:

2016: “we just won the Super Bowl and lost Peyton.”
                            2017: “Vance Joseph is new, give him time.”
                            2018: “we need to find a QB”
                            2019: “give Lock and Fangio time to grow”
                            2020: “COVID and injuries cost us the season.”

how many more losing seasons before people see through Elway’s failure!
                            I think you're too harsh.

2016: (Peyton) The Steelers are a new team with Big Ben back while Herbert went 6th overall.
                            2017: Two years under Joseph seems reasonable at 11-21.
                            2018: Ideally, Flacco would have started this covid-year. Manning>Flacco
                            2019: Your case against Lock would be stronger if Elway selected him at 10, 20, or 41, and not 42.
                            2020: Who is CB Parnell Motley?

Not having a true offseason affected emerging teams more than contenders.
                            I strongly feel if we draft OT>DB>TE, then we'll be up again sooner than later.

Keep the faith alive.

Comment

• Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

I think you're too harsh.

2016: (Peyton) The Steelers are a new team with Big Ben back while Herbert went 6th overall.
                              2017: Two years under Joseph seems reasonable at 11-21.
                              2018: Ideally, Flacco would have started this covid-year. Manning>Flacco
                              2019: Your case against Lock would be stronger if Elway selected him at 10, 20, or 41, and not 42.
                              2020: Who is CB Parnell Motley?

Not having a true offseason affected emerging teams more than contenders.
                              I strongly feel if we draft OT>DB>TE, then we'll be up again sooner than later.

Keep the faith alive.
                              Really now? Ok how do you explain Phillip Rivers and the Colts or Tua Tagovailoa and the Dolphins or how about Brady and the Buccs?

Comment

Broncos are 5-9 and the Texans are 4-10.

Would you like to try again?
                                Former head coach made some really stupid moves in the off-season and paid for it by losing his job.

However he still has his QB of the future while John is still searching and given free pass after free pass.

Comment

Working...
                                X