Fire John Elway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    The only way things with the Broncos change is if Elway is either fired or steps down from his current position and the team is transferred to an actually owner, either via sale or by decree from the trust.

The only leftovers from the Super Bowl team are Von and McManus. Von will likely not be back in 2021 unless he's willing to take a drastic pay cut. That means that entering 2021, all the players the Broncos have drafted from 2016 onward only know losing in the NFL. That's such a toxic, incurable situation that only changes when everything is blown up and the Broncos start from square-one.
    Cutting von saves 18 mi.
    I love von but we can use that money and get younger.
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Cutting von saves 18 mi.
      I love von but we can use that money and get younger.
      Agree. Love him and will be a Ring of Fame guy but too expensive with all the needs. Can't keep him and resign Harris & Simmons. Add in the Juwan contract and the Covid cap reduction and we are in a really tight spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
        The only way things with the Broncos change is if Elway is either fired or steps down from his current position and the team is transferred to an actually owner, either via sale or by decree from the trust.

The only leftovers from the Super Bowl team are Von and McManus. Von will likely not be back in 2021 unless he's willing to take a drastic pay cut. That means that entering 2021, all the players the Broncos have drafted from 2016 onward only know losing in the NFL. That's such a toxic, incurable situation that only changes when everything is blown up and the Broncos start from square-one.
        Sad and correct way of looking at it!
        Imagine that we are at a point where it is not even interesting to follow the team

Comment

• Top down losing culture. Ellis playing the invisible man and cashing his paychecks. Definitely not holding Elway accountable. It's a spiral down from there.

Comment

• I personally doubt the FO will survive the inevitable ownership change. I think we’ll see a full rebuild in the FO once the ownership fiasco is figured out.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
              I personally doubt the FO will survive the inevitable ownership change. I think we’ll see a full rebuild in the FO once the ownership fiasco is figured out.
              I don't see them surviving either but this will likely go on for 1-2 more years. Ellis won't accept any offers to sell until the judge or the NFL forces him to.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZBobalu View Post
                Top down losing culture. Ellis playing the invisible man and cashing his paychecks. Definitely not holding Elway accountable. It's a spiral down from there.
                I have a hard time faulting Ellis for this because he's not the owner of the team and yet he can't just step down. He's fulfilling what Pat Bowlen hired him to do.

That's not to say he's doing a good job because he's not. But if you hire a gardener to be a chef you can't be mad when the food tastes awful.
                sigpic

Comment

• He does have the responsibility to run the team in the absence of an owner. It starts with him. He tells the Bowlen family that he's firing Elway for the overall betterment of the team and to retain it's marketing value. Pure business decision.

Comment

• Elway will not be fired with one year remaining on his deal. It's absurd to think he would be. His contract ends in 2021 and he will go out then. He has certainly earned that for all he has done for the Broncos.
                    The real question is what can he do for us on his way out? We have some tough calls to make with Harris, Miller and Simmons specifically.

If there is a chance for Elway to be extended I can't imagine he would leave that up to Drew Locks progression. Lock has shown no signs of major improvement despite being a Professional for 2 years

Comment

I don't see them surviving either but this will likely go on for 1-2 more years. Ellis won't accept any offers to sell until the judge or the NFL forces him to.
                      Agreed. It sort of feels like it’s coming to a head, so I’m hoping it’s figured out by 2022
                      sigpic

Comment

He does have the responsibility to run the team in the absence of an owner. It starts with him. He tells the Bowlen family that he's firing Elway for the overall betterment of the team and to retain it's marketing value. Pure business decision.
                        I think that's going under the assumption that Ellis is worried about the perception of him were he to fire John Elway. I don't believe that's the issue. Once ownership is transferred Ellis will be a footnote in Broncos' history, and he's a smart enough guy to know that. So I don't believe he cares one iota about his legacy with fans or media should he be the one to fire John Elway.

The issue is that ownership will presumably be transferred to someone by 2022 which will also be the first year in which Elway won't be under contract with the Broncos since 2011 if things continue on course. Ellis won't renew Elway's contract beyond 2021 but it also doesn't make sense to fire Elway with one year left because that would mean Ellis has to hire a new GM knowing there will probably be a new owner in place in 2022, and that the new GM would likely want to hire his/her own head coach. It's a lot of change for what is basically a lame duck season for ownership.

When they signed Fangio it was under the guise that everyone would let things play out through 2021 regardless of record or performance. Really the only thing that would get Fangio fired prior to the conclusion of the 2021 season would be some sort of unforeseen scandal.
                        Last edited by mojo0730; 12-28-2020, 07:09 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Lmao Sutton is the 2 best player on the team bow woooow.....News flash Sutton had "1" good season. Yall acting like this man was a 4 year pro bowler like a wr can never regress.

Boyue is not injured he is suspended.
                          Again outside of Sutton he offenseis in tact. Stop act like lock and Sutton has had years playing together and have a great relationship. Im not saying we should be a playoff team but better than we are now. Lock is doing what his was in college beating up on sorry teams and dis appear vs good teams. Even when we win its only by one td vs even the sorry teams lol.
                          Where in my post did it say Sutton is a 4 year pro bowler? He is clearly the best offensive weapon we have.

I even said lock basically sucks and your arguing that I think lock and Sutton is some dynamic hookup?

Comment

• Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post

Where in my post did it say Sutton is a 4 year pro bowler? He is clearly the best offensive weapon we have.

I even said lock basically sucks and your arguing that I think lock and Sutton is some dynamic hookup?
                            I didn't say you said that I clearly yall are acting like he is. Bring in Sutton and the will cure all locks woes....

He had 1 good season with he only had 6 tds....in this league damn near every team has 1000 wr bc the league heavily FAVORS QUARTERBACKS.
                            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Let's not act like injuries and coivd didn't not affect all 32 teams. Im done with all the excuses.

I dont have my #1 so I can't put up 20 pts in games.
                              Every team is impacted by injuries. Its a historical fact that generally the healthiest teams are the usually more successful.

Mahomes is so good they would win regardless but that team hasn't had to deal with any adversity this year. Hardly any cases of vivid, no shuffling schedules, not many injuries.

Again, 49ers were just in the super bowl and have just as many injuries as us...6 wins this year. These aren't excuses, just facts.

Lock sucks this year? Yea that's a fact too, stop acting like your so brilliant for seeing what everyone else in the world sees too. There isn't a whole lot of confidence in lock left in the fan base and Probably the oraganization either.

Sadly not many options either. You want an old fitz for one year who has never really won much in the league? Want a bunch of other damaged goods like wentz who would cost a ton? Or just grab another mid round draft pick to compete who probably isn't any better.

Most likely not going to pick high enough for any of the best qbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post

Every team is impacted by injuries. Its a historical fact that generally the healthiest teams are the usually more successful.

Mahomes is so good they would win regardless but that team hasn't had to deal with any adversity this year. Hardly any cases of vivid, no shuffling schedules, not many injuries.

Again, 49ers were just in the super bowl and have just as many injuries as us...6 wins this year. These aren't excuses, just facts.

Lock sucks this year? Yea that's a fact too, stop acting like your so brilliant for seeing what everyone else in the world sees too. There isn't a whole lot of confidence in lock left in the fan base and Probably the oraganization either.

Sadly not many options either. You want an old fitz for one year who has never really won much in the league? Want a bunch of other damaged goods like wentz who would cost a ton? Or just grab another mid round draft pick to compete who probably isn't any better.

Most likely not going to pick high enough for any of the best qbs
                                With all those injuries if s.f. played in our division it their record would be different. Plus the lost a hell of a lot more of quality players that we did and they are still competing which WE ARE NOT.

it is an excuse we you use it or bring it up every damn week or every damn loss get over it.

Comment

Working...
                                X