Fire John Elway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

I didn't say you said that I clearly yall are acting like he is. Bring in Sutton and the will cure all locks woes....

He had 1 good season with he only had 6 tds....in this league damn near every team has 1000 wr bc the league heavily FAVORS QUARTERBACKS.
    I'm acting like he is? I said he's the best we got. And when did I say he would fix locks problems? Lock is too busy throwing to the other team.

Nobody on the offense is as good as Sutton. Saying the offense would be better isn't the same as saying it would be good.

You seem to think that I'm arguing this is a super bowl contending team. They are a young offense with a trash qb and a defense that had less than half their starters most of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post

I'm acting like he is? I said he's the best we got. And when did I say he would fix locks problems? Lock is too busy throwing to the other team.

Nobody on the offense is as good as Sutton. Saying the offense would be better isn't the same as saying it would be good.

You seem to think that I'm arguing this is a super bowl contending team. They are a young offense with a trash qb and a defense that had less than half their starters most of the year.
      Ok, my bad I thought you were taking up for lock.
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

With all those injuries if s.f. played in our division it their record would be different. Plus the lost a hell of a lot more of quality players that we did and they are still competing which WE ARE NOT.

it is an excuse we you use it or bring it up every damn week or every damn loss get over it.
        Okay you're right, motley and what's his face should be just as good as any other starter in the league. And Hinton should have put up 300 yds and 3 tds because clearly who is available doesn't matter.

Down every db? Our backup dlinemen should be able to cover wrs running 4.3s just fine.

You ever work at a job and half your crew just doesn't show up? It gets to a point where there isn't much more you can do. Not excuses just a fact. Whining about losses won't change anything. There's 31 other teams you can go watch if you want.

Comment

Ok, my bad I thought you were taking up for lock.
          Haha no. I don't get the feeling many of us believe in him. I think there's a small chance he can improve but he will most likely just be another part of that dumb qb carousel graphic they show every bronco game

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
            I personally doubt the FO will survive the inevitable ownership change. I think we’ll see a full rebuild in the FO once the ownership fiasco is figured out.
            Until there is new ownership I say keep Elway, Fangio, et al, al least for next year. We'll see how things go from there. Of course I don't know what Joe Ellis is thinking and he's the only guy that counts right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Acedude View Post

Until there is new ownership I say keep Elway, Fangio, et al, al least for next year. We'll see how things go from there. Of course I don't know what Joe Ellis is thinking and he's the only guy that counts right now.
              This is insane! The ownership situation and the on-the-field performance are mutually exclusive. You are effectively saying, “let’s lose one more year, then get a new owner who can fire everyone.”

I want ownership stability, but more than that I want a winning team! We can fire Elway next week AND try to find a new owner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Acedude View Post

I don’t necessarily want this FO in place anymore, I’m just accepting the reality that the FO and coaching staff will likely remain until the ownership situation is changed.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post

This is insane! The ownership situation and the on-the-field performance are mutually exclusive. You are effectively saying, “let’s lose one more year, then get a new owner who can fire everyone.”

I want ownership stability, but more than that I want a winning team! We can fire Elway next week AND try to find a new owner.
                  I agree that you can change GMs and coaches without the ownership situation being resolved. I just find it highly unlikely. I think this FO is perfectly content keeping the status quo for now. Believe me, I’d love to see some changes, but I also think that a new owner will probably want to place their own staff regardless.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

Really now? Ok how do you explain Phillip Rivers and the Colts or Tua Tagovailoa and the Dolphins or how about Brady and the Buccs?

Phillip Rivers, a future HoFer and 17-year veteran plays behind a pretty solid OL in Indy.
                    Even with Rivers, the Colts at 10-5 are a playoff bubble team.

Tua went 5th overall and looked pedestrian against Denver and other teams,
                    which is why 16-year veteran Fitzpatrick has played his fair share this year.

Tom Brady, a future HoFer and 21-year veteran has elevated the Buccs, no doubt.
                    Most likely, the 10-5 Buccs don't make the playoffs without Brady's experience and leadership.

Again, covid hurt emerging teams more than contenders.
                    Hopefully, covid will be a distant memory next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

Phillip Rivers, a future HoFer and 17-year veteran plays behind a pretty solid OL in Indy.
                      Even with Rivers, the Colts at 10-5 are a playoff bubble team.

Tua went 5th overall and looked pedestrian against Denver and other teams,
                      which is why 16-year veteran Fitzpatrick has played his fair share this year.

Tom Brady, a future HoFer and 21-year veteran has elevated the Buccs, no doubt.
                      Most likely, the 10-5 Buccs don't make the playoffs without Brady's experience and leadership.

Again, covid hurt emerging teams more than contenders.
                      Hopefully, covid will be a distant memory next year.
                      Philip Rivers is better than Matt Ryan, Desean Watson, Matt Stafford etc? I think you grasping at straws to find excuses. Why don’t you just accept reality that this is just a bad team with a ton of talent which isn’t being led correctly and it starts at the top.

i bet if it were your ow. Personal business you’d be fighting tooth and nail to make any possible corrections. Stop looking for excuses!

Comment

• The hail mary at the end of the game is a good illustration of what the staff is about: 5 defenders in the end zone, and 2 Broncos receivers. Hell, the other team knows more about what the Broncos will do than the Broncos staff does.

Comment

• This past five years are the worst this team has experienced in 50 years. Changes have been made and failed. The decision maker, our GM, is the one common denominator. I do not Elway leaving until the ownership issue gets resolved.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by qbronco View Post
                            This past five years are the worst this team has experienced in 50 years. Changes have been made and failed. The decision maker, our GM, is the one common denominator. I do not Elway leaving until the ownership issue gets resolved.
                            Thought I heard Elway is back in the car business. He needs to go back to what he's good at: bull****ting customers.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
                              The hail mary at the end of the game is a good illustration of what the staff is about: 5 defenders in the end zone, and 2 Broncos receivers. Hell, the other team knows more about what the Broncos will do than the Broncos staff does.
                              I saw Noah Fant open for a first but Lock has to try and go Mahomes with a deep shot.

Also, I Just heard Mike Klis saying, ”If a quarterback change is made we can expect Vic Fangio to be given the power to select his own quarterback“.

You guys know what that means, a return of Case Keesum to Denver. For the Broncos, it’s definitely looking like it’ll get worse before it gets better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

Philip Rivers is better than Matt Ryan, Desean Watson, Matt Stafford etc? I think you grasping at straws to find excuses. Why don’t you just accept reality that this is just a bad team with a ton of talent which isn’t being led correctly and it starts at the top.

i bet if it were your ow. Personal business you’d be fighting tooth and nail to make any possible corrections. Stop looking for excuses!
                                OK, let's move on to Ryan, Watson, and Stafford vs. Rivers.

Ryan: The 4-11 Falcons drafted (3rd overall) their 13-year veteran QB, who produced 24 tds to 11 ints.

Watson: The 4-11 Texans drafted (12th overall) their 4th-year veteran QB, who produced 30 tds to 6 ints.

Stafford: The 5-10 Lions drafted (1st overall) their 13-year veteran QB, who produced 23 tds to 9 ints.

Rivers: The 10-5 Colts, with their new QB, produced 23 tds to 10 ints.

This year, a case can be made Rivers is more successful than Ryan, Watson, and Stafford. However, that wasn't my original point.

My point is, specifically during this covid season, the Colts and Buccaneers benefitted due to their addition of future HoFers.
                                (Add Big Ben's return to the Steelers).
                                If Flacco would have turned out like Manning, he'd be on the field this year, under a similar shotty OL who expediated his departure.

Covid highlighted the Broncos are a young and emerging team.
                                The future looks bright with more OL help and consistency all around.

Comment

Working...
                                X