Fire John Elway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

OK, let's move on to Ryan, Watson, and Stafford vs. Rivers.

Ryan: The 4-11 Falcons drafted (3rd overall) their 13-year veteran QB, who produced 24 tds to 11 ints.

Watson: The 4-11 Texans drafted (12th overall) their 4th-year veteran QB, who produced 30 tds to 6 ints.

Stafford: The 5-10 Lions drafted (1st overall) their 13-year veteran QB, who produced 23 tds to 9 ints.

Rivers: The 10-5 Colts, with their new QB, produced 23 tds to 10 ints.

This year, a case can be made Rivers is more successful than Ryan, Watson, and Stafford. However, that wasn't my original point.

My point is, specifically during this covid season, the Colts and Buccaneers benefitted due to their addition of future HoFers.
    (Add Big Ben's return to the Steelers).
    If Flacco would have turned out like Manning, he'd be on the field this year, under a similar shotty OL who expediated his departure.

Covid highlighted the Broncos are a young and emerging team.
    The future looks bright with more OL help and consistency all around.
    Ok you can say the "colts" are more successful but wasting is clearly a better qb and his stats show it and he is working a hell of a lot less overall than rivers.

Secondly during the being of the season the colts was winning despite rivers but he still get credit for the win....if I had a franchise and had to pick between those 4 qbs rivers is gonna be last on my list.
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Ok you can say the "colts" are more successful but wasting is clearly a better qb and his stats show it and he is working a hell of a lot less overall than rivers.

Secondly during the being of the season the colts was winning despite rivers but he still get credit for the win....if I had a franchise and had to pick between those 4 qbs rivers is gonna be last on my list.
      I agree that Rivers isn't the best on that list. Watson is, and if he's available he'd be an amazing signing for Denver.
      The Texans record tricks people into thinking Watson isn't doing well, but he is having an ok season for a guy with a bad offense. As shown above, 30 TDs with 6 picks, that's 1 pick more than Aaron Rodgers. Watson is second in the league is passing yards. His QBR is top 10.
      Again he's doing that on a bad team, playing in a division with 2 playoff teams.

So let's look at his offense:
      Duke Johnson is injured, has played in 11 games, only has 1 TD and 235yrds.
      David Johnson is 29th or lower in all but 1 running back stat.
      Fuller is suspended, played 11 games with only 8 TDs,less than 900 yards.(Watson best target since Hopkins is in Arizona)
      Hansen? Not even worth mentioning.
      Brandin Cooks has almost broke 1k yards but only has 4 TDs. Yards is the only stat where he's in the top 25.
      KeKe has played 7 games and haven't really done anything, but in less games has 1 less TDs than Cooks.

Every position for Denver is better than the Texans on offense at the key scoring positions.(WR, RB, and TE)
      16 more TDs than Lock with 9 less picks on a worst offensive team skill wise.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Man I agree with this. If I hear someone else make an excuse about no offseason and covid im gonna scream.....
        You're right, COVID-19 helped our young offense build chemistry by starting a game without a QB.
        Ever tried going "full wildcat" on Madden?

Comment

You're right, COVID-19 helped our young offense build chemistry by starting a game without a QB.
          SMH. We’re back to the New Orleans game. The League treated us unfairly, but Fangio said this was the QBs at fault. Fangio is right. If Drew Lock we’re the leader he must be, he would not have done what he did.

Comment

First point: Why are we even talking about Watson? Would I prefer now-Watson over Lock? It doesn't matter because Watson went 12th and Mahomes went 10th. I'd draft Mahomes.

Second point: I'm pretty sure Manning received credit for defensive or special team wins. It happens. If I had to pick between those four, I'd go Ryan, Watson, Rivers, Stafford.

Comment

• Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post

SMH. We’re back to the New Orleans game. The League treated us unfairly, but Fangio said this was the QBs at fault. Fangio is right. If Drew Lock we’re the leader he must be, he would not have done what he did.
              Sadly, coronavirus cost us that game and a normal offseason/preseason,
              which is invaluable for a young second-round QB
              trying to build chemistry with rookie wide receivers under a shotty RG/RT combo.

Elway should sign UFA WR Will Fuller regardless of his suspension.
              Lock with Sutton, Fuller, Hamler, Patrick, Hamilton, and Jeudy would rival KC's offense.
              We're an offensive line draft and pre/offseason away from becoming relevant again.

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

I agree that Rivers isn't the best on that list. Watson is, and if he's available he'd be an amazing signing for Denver.
                The Texans record tricks people into thinking Watson isn't doing well, but he is having an ok season for a guy with a bad offense. As shown above, 30 TDs with 6 picks, that's 1 pick more than Aaron Rodgers. Watson is second in the league is passing yards. His QBR is top 10.
                Again he's doing that on a bad team, playing in a division with 2 playoff teams.

So let's look at his offense:
                Duke Johnson is injured, has played in 11 games, only has 1 TD and 235yrds.
                David Johnson is 29th or lower in all but 1 running back stat.
                Fuller is suspended, played 11 games with only 8 TDs,less than 900 yards.(Watson best target since Hopkins is in Arizona)
                Hansen? Not even worth mentioning.
                Brandin Cooks has almost broke 1k yards but only has 4 TDs. Yards is the only stat where he's in the top 25.
                KeKe has played 7 games and haven't really done anything, but in less games has 1 less TDs than Cooks.

Every position for Denver is better than the Texans on offense at the key scoring positions.(WR, RB, and TE)
                16 more TDs than Lock with 9 less picks on a worst offensive team skill wise.
                You get no agreement from me i totally agree. With you on that. I just thought you were saying that rivers was the best qb on that list lol.
                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

I don't know whats the hell you just said but ok.....go with what you said....

Comment

Oh please we would have gotten our a×× whipped by the saints rather lock started or not and if you think otherwise you are very sadly mistaken.

Comment

First point: Why are we even talking about Watson? Would I prefer now-Watson over Lock? It doesn't matter because Watson went 12th and Mahomes went 10th. I'd draft Mahomes.

Second point: I'm pretty sure Manning received credit for defensive or special team wins. It happens. If I had to pick between those four, I'd go Ryan, Watson, Rivers, Stafford.
                      Lmao you dude you go with that.....Watson HANDS DOWN is better than every qb on that list without question.

Comment

Sadly, coronavirus cost us that game and a normal offseason/preseason,
                        which is invaluable for a young second-round QB
                        trying to build chemistry with rookie wide receivers under a shotty RG/RT combo.

Elway should sign UFA WR Will Fuller regardless of his suspension.
                        Lock with Sutton, Fuller, Hamler, Patrick, Hamilton, and Jeudy would rival KC's offense.
                        We're an offensive line draft and pre/offseason away from becoming relevant again.
                        Too bad lock can't throw. Or see the field.

Comment

• Does anybody else just get more frustrated/annoyed every time you watch Josh Allen now? The Broncos even got to coach him for a week and still skipped his pro day and passed on him in the draft. How is our GM evaluating QB’s when Lynch and Lock are draftable but Allen, who you coached for a week is a pass?? Furthermore, how can you ever expect him to fix the QB position it when it’s been one failure after another for five years and counting?

Comment

• When I think of John Elway and the Denver Broncos history, I think of John Elway as a player, winning five AFC championship games, and two Super Bowl Titles. When I think of him as an administrator for the Broncos, I think of him winning Two AFC championships, and one Super Bowl title.
                            (7 Super bowls for the Broncos with John Elway being involved. )

The rest of the History of the Denver Broncos was,,,, One AFC Championship with O Super Bowl titles.

I think we all owe a debt of gratitude to John Elway!!!!

THANKS #7

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                              When I think of John Elway and the Denver Broncos history, I think of John Elway as a player, winning five AFC championship games, and two Super Bowl Titles. When I think of him as an administrator for the Broncos, I think of him winning Two AFC championships, and one Super Bowl title.
                              (7 Super bowls for the Broncos with John Elway being involved. )

The rest of the History of the Denver Broncos was,,,, One AFC Championship with O Super Bowl titles.

I think we all owe a debt of gratitude to John Elway!!!!

THANKS #7
                              Well make him the head of your household and place him in charge of your business and all of your personal assets if you like but most of us want him out of Denver now.

He’s become more of a detriment to this team without help. Today he has no Davis, Shanahan, PFM, Kubiak, or Phillips.

By himself as a GM we have five straight losing seasons

By himself as a player he had 3 straight lost super bowls

Super Bowl XXI
                              Elway: 22 attempts, 12 completions, 54.5% completion, 123 yards, zero touchdowns, one interception and a 51.9 quarterback rating.

Super Bowl XXII
                              Elway: finished the game with 14 out of 38 pass completions for 257 yards, one touchdown, and three interceptions. He was also Denver's second-leading rusher with 32 yards on three carries; this was the only Super Bowl in which Elway played without scoring a rushing touchdown.

Super Bowl XXIV
                              John Elway went 10-26 for 108 yards and 2 interceptions while his counterpart Joe Montana set super bowl record after Super Bowl record. Montana finished the game 22-29 for 297 yards and 5 touchdown passes.

Second Most sacked QB of all time until last Sunday when Tom Brady moved past him.
                              Both Brady and Favre as to play well into their 40’s to surpass John here.

He’s not very great on his own, when will you guys realize this!
                              Last edited by Sam_Z; 12-29-2020, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• The resume is simple, The Denver Broncos with John Elway 3 Super Bowl Titles, The Denver Broncos without John Elway zero Super Bowl titles, If you like to win the Superbowl, and you're the Denver Broncos, the only time that's ever happened is thanks to John Elway.

Comment

Working...
                                X