• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sra84
    replied
    As for the direction I would go:

Louis Riddick as GM

Eric Bieniemy as HC

QB- TBD.....but I'm looking into it now that I know our season is over and we're not making the playoffs and I'll have more time to focus on QB's.

Leave a comment:

• sra84
    replied
    To me, it's simple:

Has Elway done a good job the last five years? No.

Is Fangio proving to be a competent head coach? No.

Has Lock shown any traits of being a franchise QB? No. Has he been durable? No.

There's my reasoning for why we need to start over.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    I think we go 1 more year with current staff and players.
    2 or 3 seasons is enough time to know if things are working.
    (I don't think its a good idea to give up and change everything every 2 years.)

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

At this point we all should be just used to losing now so I say go for it All In go for Broke since we are already Broken.
    One unfortunate thing, for me anyway, is that if Lock can't go this week, it's not like we have some wildcard QB on the bench that might jump up and give us extra hope. Maybe the boys are better than I think, but as of today, Lock is our only real future from a "who we got" perspective. We need Drew to have a decent 2nd half to restore some of the damage.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

At this point we all should be just used to losing now so I say go for it All In go for Broke since we are already Broken.
    Yes that’s true. Trying to force continuity for the sake of continuity, when you have the wrong people in place, is simply pointless. Best to cut your losses and move on.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Something to keep in mind, a new game will likely mean a full new coaching staff, and a new coach will mean a new QB.

A new GM will likely want his own HC choice, and not be tied to one with a losing record. As well, a new HC isn’t going to want a QB who’s played as poorly as Lock has.

A GM will pretty much mean blowing the whole thing up. Maybe not a bad idea to blow it up, this team has been sputtering along, and hasn’t won much in years, maybe it’s time to try a new direction, it’s working for Miami so far. But, on the opposite, more change means no continuity, which could very likely lead to more losing.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Something to keep in mind, a new game will likely mean a full new coaching staff, and a new coach will mean a new QB.

A new GM will likely want his own HC choice, and not be tied to one with a losing record. As well, a new HC isn’t going to want a QB who’s played as poorly as Lock has.

A GM will pretty much mean blowing the whole thing up. Maybe not a bad idea to blow it up, this team has been sputtering along, and hasn’t won much in years, maybe it’s time to try a new direction, it’s working for Miami so far. But, on the opposite, more change means no continuity, which could very likely lead to more losing.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post

Have you scouted Zach Wilson or Kyle Trask yet? They're in our draft range
    I have Zach yes but not kyle.....if they are thats great bc that means they will be willing to trade back get picks and still get a qb

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

If thats how you feel cool. I disagree. We all shall see. I think dak will get paid. I would not surprise me if jags traded out pick up more picks and still nab a qb in this draft.
    Have you scouted Zach Wilson or Kyle Trask yet? They're in our draft range

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    [QUOTE=Capt. Jack;n8336445]
    Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post

And in the real world, you almost always fire and then hire. The Dallas Cowboys hired Mike McCarthy before they fired Jason Garrett, and that was extremely rare.

I really don’t understand what you think Ellis would do. The NFL is a tight circle. Elway would find out they are talking to other GM candidates.

​​​​​​Sounds good!!!

Thanks Elway!!!!
    It's a tight circle and one of those old boys clubs. So there is a level of respect and process to go through. Part of why it's believed that teams don't want Jim Harbaugh is because he openly talked about the Niners front office and the rest of the league offices didn't like that.

So if Ellis went behind John without being respectful of the business, Ellis would be looked down upon by his peers.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    [QUOTE=GiddyupGetEm;n8336444]

And in the real world, you almost always fire and then hire. The Dallas Cowboys hired Mike McCarthy before they fired Jason Garrett, and that was extremely rare.

I really don’t understand what you think Ellis would do. The NFL is a tight circle. Elway would find out they are talking to other GM candidates.

​​​​​​Sounds good!!!

Thanks Elway!!!!

Leave a comment:

• GiddyupGetEm
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

That's not what you said you said,,,,,, you said fire Elway, and then find somebody to replace him , " I think you said, "that's how the real world works"??
    And like I said, you probably have a replacement in mind before you fire the person that's doing the job. Bottom line is you don't get hysterical halfway through a project.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post

Jags imo is for sure going QB. I dont think Dakota will get paid - in fact there's a chance he ends up here. It will take a lot more losing and bad teams winning for us to even sniff at Fields
    If thats how you feel cool. I disagree. We all shall see. I think dak will get paid. I would not surprise me if jags traded out pick up more picks and still nab a qb in this draft.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Matt Ryan is not going anywhere, Carolina has teddy and he has been doing good all year, Dallas will be crazy to start over Dak is not the reason its their def, maybe Washington but I think they will ride with what they got.
    Jags imo is for sure going QB. I dont think Dakota will get paid - in fact there's a chance he ends up here. It will take a lot more losing and bad teams winning for us to even sniff at Fields

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post

Like I was saying, Ellis has dozens of qualified candidates to choose from. Just because YOU don’t know who to choose as GM doesn’t mean Ellis doesn’t have folks in mind already.
    That's not what you said you said,,,,,, you said fire Elway, and then find somebody to replace him , " I think you said, "that's how the real world works"??
    And like I said, you probably have a replacement in mind before you fire the person that's doing the job. Bottom line is you don't get hysterical halfway through a project.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X