X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

By himself as a player he had 3 straight lost super bowls

Super Bowl XXI
    Elway: 22 attempts, 12 completions, 54.5% completion, 123 yards, zero touchdowns, one interception and a 51.9 quarterback rating.

Super Bowl XXII
    Elway: finished the game with 14 out of 38 pass completions for 257 yards, one touchdown, and three interceptions. He was also Denver's second-leading rusher with 32 yards on three carries; this was the only Super Bowl in which Elway played without scoring a rushing touchdown.

Super Bowl XXIV
    John Elway went 10-26 for 108 yards and 2 interceptions while his counterpart Joe Montana set super bowl record after Super Bowl record. Montana finished the game 22-29 for 297 yards and 5 touchdown passes.

Not playing his part in any shape or form i’d like to see him out as much as anyone but i’m not sure how much of the 80’s super bowl losses you can put on him as the nfc as a powerhouse narrative i think only caught on after the loss to the redskins , he was just a young qb trying to do his best for his team , it wasn’t his fault leonard marshall charles mann dexter manley charles haley michael carter etc were much to good for his o line .

i’d put this failed aspect of elway’s career much more on dan reeves and bowlen himself , seriously why wasn’t it apparent to bowlen that reeves wasn’t good enough after the calamity super bowl vs the redskins , reeves had already served seven years as hc at this point that was long enough , an owner can be loyal , blindly loyal or just plain stupid , take your pick .

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

Well make him the head of your household and place him in charge of your business and all of your personal assets if you like but most of us want him out of Denver now.

He’s become more of a detriment to this team without help. Today he has no Davis, Shanahan, PFM, Kubiak, or Phillips.

By himself as a GM we have five straight losing seasons

By himself as a player he had 3 straight lost super bowls

Super Bowl XXI
      Elway: 22 attempts, 12 completions, 54.5% completion, 123 yards, zero touchdowns, one interception and a 51.9 quarterback rating.

Super Bowl XXII
      Elway: finished the game with 14 out of 38 pass completions for 257 yards, one touchdown, and three interceptions. He was also Denver's second-leading rusher with 32 yards on three carries; this was the only Super Bowl in which Elway played without scoring a rushing touchdown.

Super Bowl XXIV
      John Elway went 10-26 for 108 yards and 2 interceptions while his counterpart Joe Montana set super bowl record after Super Bowl record. Montana finished the game 22-29 for 297 yards and 5 touchdown passes.

Second Most sacked QB of all time until last Sunday when Tom Brady moved past him.
      Both Brady and Favre as to play well into their 40’s to surpass John here.

He’s not very great on his own, when will you guys realize this!
      The stats you have for Super Bowl XXI were actually for Super Bowl XXXII, a game we won.

Elway's stats for Super Bowl XXI (against the Giants) were 22/37, 304 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, and 1 rushing TD.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Oust_Elway View Post
        Does anybody else just get more frustrated/annoyed every time you watch Josh Allen now? The Broncos even got to coach him for a week and still skipped his pro day and passed on him in the draft. How is our GM evaluating QB’s when Lynch and Lock are draftable but Allen, who you coached for a week is a pass?? Furthermore, how can you ever expect him to fix the QB position it when it’s been one failure after another for five years and counting?
        Trust me if anyone feels you I do. Everyone here know I a LJ fan. I wanted us to draft him and got hammered for it. *side note a lot of those people have hit me up saying I was right lol. * I had to realize that the Broncos with Elway here was not the place for LJ. Elways is stuck in the 90s football and the game has changed. I dont feel like he would have gave LJ the right coaching staff. I feel the same for Josh he landed in the spot where he needed to be.
        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
          When I think of John Elway and the Denver Broncos history, I think of John Elway as a player, winning five AFC championship games, and two Super Bowl Titles. When I think of him as an administrator for the Broncos, I think of him winning Two AFC championships, and one Super Bowl title.
          (7 Super bowls for the Broncos with John Elway being involved. )

The rest of the History of the Denver Broncos was,,,, One AFC Championship with O Super Bowl titles.

I think we all owe a debt of gratitude to John Elway!!!!

THANKS #7
          Ha, im not smokin what you are smokin. Elway does not get a life time pass bc of 3 superbowls sorry not gonna happen..

NFL has and will always be "what have you done for me lately business." That doesn't stop at Elway sorry.

Gone just completcompletely turn a blind eye to 5 straight losing seasons. Hahaa you should do stand up hahahaha.
          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Yeah, no smoke here. I just remember many years of Broncos football with 0 Super Bowl wins. And remembering who played a part in bringing 3 Super Bowl championships to the Denver Broncos.
            John Elway has had tremendous success at every level with the Denver Broncos organization. And for that we all owe him a debt of gratitude. I am grateful for what he's done, if somebody else comes in and does better great! Either way, it's all good.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post

Agreed. Without an owner no one is holding the larger actions of Elway responsible. Pat Shurmur, Fangio, Vance Joseph, Scangarello, Joe Flacco, Case Keenum, Trevor Siemian. SB50 happened, and now it is long gone. It bought him time up until now, but because there is no owner, no one, especially not Ellis, is firing Elway.
              I am not convinced that Fangio is the real issue here. I am convinced that Elway is however.

As an example we let all of the talented interior players on our lines walk. For example: Malik Jackson, Derek Wolfe & Matt Paradis. We also saw slowly all of our talented CBs and safeties leave or age and not be replaced. Then in the draft we never did develop their replacements. Rather quickly after Mr. Bowlen removed himself from football operations AND eventually passed away we have seen both an exodus of talent in the coaching rooms as well as highly touted FAs chose bottom feeding franchises instead of ours. Most of the good coaches we have here now have ties to Denver and thus WANT to be in the area it is not because the Broncos are such a huge pull.

Add onto all of the above and look how we have done as of late against organizations who are run well and draft well. When was the last time we beat KC? 49ers? Rams? Baltimore? When was the last time we had multiple games where we played and knew we were going to win before the first half was over?

Last but not least - I have seen several games where Elway is wearing an ear piece. Why? Just how involved in the team is he? We may never know but what we do know is that Wade wanted to have more control over personnel on the defensive side of the ball and Elway refused. Wade left and ended up in a SB (again).

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich_C View Post

I am not convinced that Fangio is the real issue here. I am convinced that Elway is however.

As an example we let all of the talented interior players on our lines walk. For example: Malik Jackson, Derek Wolfe & Matt Paradis. We also saw slowly all of our talented CBs and safeties leave or age and not be replaced. Then in the draft we never did develop their replacements. Rather quickly after Mr. Bowlen removed himself from football operations AND eventually passed away we have seen both an exodus of talent in the coaching rooms as well as highly touted FAs chose bottom feeding franchises instead of ours. Most of the good coaches we have here now have ties to Denver and thus WANT to be in the area it is not because the Broncos are such a huge pull.

Add onto all of the above and look how we have done as of late against organizations who are run well and draft well. When was the last time we beat KC? 49ers? Rams? Baltimore? When was the last time we had multiple games where we played and knew we were going to win before the first half was over?

Last but not least - I have seen several games where Elway is wearing an ear piece. Why? Just how involved in the team is he? We may never know but what we do know is that Wade wanted to have more control over personnel on the defensive side of the ball and Elway refused. Wade left and ended up in a SB (again).
                I feel really sad.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich_C View Post

I’ve been saying this for years, he is dictating things every day of the week including Sunday. He is not a coach and I do not know why past coaches or player personnel have not come out and spoken about this.

He is the one that demanded Michael Schofield start over Tyler Polumbus. Yes many people are going to laugh and say who the hell was Polumbus but he was better than Schofield.

Elway is the one that was marching Ronnie Hillman and Jeff Heuerman out there ahead of guys like CJ Anderson and Austin Traylor/Aj Derby. CJ Anderson is out of the league now and never really got compensated thanks to John. John even chose Schofield over Orlando Franklin.

John Elway is not a good GM and people need to realize this. The more people calling for Johns Removal, the better.

He could’ve been out a long time ago but it’s the people that keep defending him that are ruining things and at this point John Elway’s dismissal couldn’t come soon enough.

Comment

• Instead of firing Elway, which will not happen, it's more realistic to discuss who could be the GM in 2022 after Elway's contract expires. If Elway wants to try something different, maybe go to politics, I wonder if there is a plan for Matt Russell to take over as GM. I'm not sure Joe Ellis is capable of hiring the right GM outside the organization and he might not even be interested in going through a search like the one that made him hire McDaniels. The big picture here is the ownership situation, there has to be an owner to make a team president and GM accountable.

But you can be sure Elway will be the GM in 2021.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                      Instead of firing Elway, which will not happen, it's more realistic to discuss who could be the GM in 2022 after Elway's contract expires. If Elway wants to try something different, maybe go to politics, I wonder if there is a plan for Matt Russell to take over as GM. I'm not sure Joe Ellis is capable of hiring the right GM outside the organization and he might not even be interested in going through a search like the one that made him hire McDaniels. The big picture here is the ownership situation, there has to be an owner to make a team president and GM accountable.

If 2021 isn't a huge shift in success for the team, it's possible to see a huge change the following year. Elway's contract is up, next year is likely the last chance for Fangio and his crew, and it could well be that the Broncos get a new owner. You wanna talk rebuild?....holy crap...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

I don't know whats the hell you just said but ok.....go with what you said....
                        I quoted your post: If I hear someone else make an excuse about no offseason and covid im gonna scream.....

Then I used coronavirus to assert it did affect our young offense and joked that even Madden requires a QB for gameplay.

I understand being in an emotional state; however, now, I must ask: How high-pitched was your scream?

Comment

Oh please we would have gotten our a×× whipped by the saints rather lock started or not and if you think otherwise you are very sadly mistaken.

The point is coronavirus hurt our young emerging team more than contenders.

I know you don't want to read comments about how coronavirus affected the team,
                          or else you'll scream, but it did.

The Saints game is just another example.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                            Instead of firing Elway, which will not happen, it's more realistic to discuss who could be the GM in 2022 after Elway's contract expires. If Elway wants to try something different, maybe go to politics, I wonder if there is a plan for Matt Russell to take over as GM. I'm not sure Joe Ellis is capable of hiring the right GM outside the organization and he might not even be interested in going through a search like the one that made him hire McDaniels. The big picture here is the ownership situation, there has to be an owner to make a team president and GM accountable.

Shanahan got fired.....think anything is possible at this point but I agree ownership needs to be fixed ASAP or were looking at another decade before a playoff run.

Comment

Lmao you dude you go with that.....Watson HANDS DOWN is better than every qb on that list without question.
                              I would still go with Matt Ryan because his salary is significantly less than Watson's,
                              and I feel Ryan's 13-year experience would elevate Denver's WRs/TEs quicker.
                              Eventually, I'd draft Ryan's replacement and use the cap-friendly rookie-QB salary to re-sign key players.

However, if I could select any QB to lead my young team, it would be Patrick Mahomes, not Deshaun Watson.

Either way, Denver's OL needs stability at RG/RT.

Comment

Too bad lock can't throw. Or see the field.
                                I disagree.
                                Lock and Sutton had a fantastic game last year.
                                Lock and Hamler had a fantastic game this year, given the circumstances.
                                Heck, Fant's numbers improved this year, and Okwuegbunam looks intriguing.

Once the OL is solidified and the young offense gels, watch out.

Comment

Working...
                                X