Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire John Elway

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lock has made some great throws. And some bad ones. Just like most QBs in the NFL.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

      I disagree.
      Lock and Sutton had a fantastic game last year.
      Lock and Hamler had a fantastic game this year, given the circumstances.
      Heck, Fant's numbers improved this year, and Okwuegbunam looks intriguing.

      Once the OL is solidified and the young offense gels, watch out.
      Lmao... you disagree bc of lock having a couple of good games mean he can see the field?????... hahaha....wow

      Last year he was a rookie not much film on him and best scrub teams "outside of Houston"

      hamler fantastic game vs one of the sorriest teams in the NFL. Hahaha

      Noah numbers improved- could it be bc they played more games than they did last year????

      By you saying he can see the field bc of the reasons listed above you clearly dont know about playing "qb".. no need to reply to you about this subject anymore. Person who leads the league in ints can see the field.. yeah ok you go with that one.
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post

        I feel really sad.
        May I ask why?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
          I’ve been saying this for years, he is dictating things every day of the week including Sunday. He is not a coach and I do not know why past coaches or player personnel have not come out and spoken about this.

          He is the one that demanded Michael Schofield start over Tyler Polumbus. Yes many people are going to laugh and say who the hell was Polumbus but he was better than Schofield.

          Elway is the one that was marching Ronnie Hillman and Jeff Heuerman out there ahead of guys like CJ Anderson and Austin Traylor/Aj Derby. CJ Anderson is out of the league now and never really got compensated thanks to John. John even chose Schofield over Orlando Franklin.

          John Elway is not a good GM and people need to realize this. The more people calling for Johns Removal, the better.

          He could’ve been out a long time ago but it’s the people that keep defending him that are ruining things and at this point John Elway’s dismissal couldn’t come soon enough.
          See it goes so much deeper than just one guy starting over another. It really does. For example - Look at this team right now.

          OL:
          Bolles has turned it around so I will give credit where it is due.
          Risner has by all metrics regressed AND we are starting to see him (like Glasgow) getting pushed back
          Cush while I am the 1st to say game reps are important at some point we need to pull back and work with the guy, assuming he can be worked on/with. IMO as much as I hate Glasgow I think we need to swap Glasgow for Cush and play Muti (RG) to see if he can improve in pass pro.
          Glasgow based on his price tag I am less than impressed with him at OG. Much like Risner I am seeing a lot of pushing back from his initial spot on the line. This puts him at a disadvantage (run game especially) and he is then left to recover his blocks. I'd like to see him at OC
          RT - Wilk continues to show that he is likely a better OG than OT. Dotson was a clear upgrade when he went in but even then he is a great backup.
          Muti/ Anderson- Both of these guys in their VERY limited reps have impressed me. Anderson struggled at RT but really did well when he covered at LT. Muti while he struggled in pass pro at times was a beast in run blocking.

          Summary: Our interior guys LG, OC, LG which are big players in being bullies up front are in fact getting bullied especially when we go up against better competition. this comes down to drafting and perhaps more importantly not drafting with purpose. Are we a run 1st team? I think we should be and because of that we should be looking for players more like Muti and be looking for guys who can hold up and push back to force holes to open. It is unrealistic to think we can throw it all over the yard like Mahomes. SO instead lets keep him on the bench and beat him that way. Instead we've digressed to become a jack of all trades and master of none.

          DL:

          When we look back at our dominant 2015 defense we had three amazing complements to each other. Interior defensive pressure, well above average ILB play and elite CB/Safety play. Now I think having all three be at the 2015 level is simply not realistic. What I do think is that getting interior pressure is likely not going to come from Casey. There is a reason why he was let go. There is also a reason why when he was with us I never really saw coverages slide to him. Chubb has often been the guy who gets the extra attention. We need to get back to the interior pressure we got from a combination like Wolfe & Jackson. I really like S.Harris because he can be a great all around player for us. IMO a batted ball is just like a sack and wow is he good at doing that. We need a guy to compliment him.


          IMO if we can nail these two main position groups we can start to see real results. Now how does all this tie into this thread? Simple - Elway drafted WR in rounds 1 & 2 instead of looking at a solution in the 2020 draft for the IDL/DE position which was much stronger in the 2020 draft then it is in the 2021 draft. In addition where are our backup safeties? Where are the athletic ILBs? Why is a struggling rookie OC being left in when we are trying to develop a QB? I am not convinced that all of these decisions are all Shurmur/Fangio.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

            Lmao... you disagree bc of lock having a couple of good games mean he can see the field?????... hahaha....wow

            Last year he was a rookie not much film on him and best scrub teams "outside of Houston"

            hamler fantastic game vs one of the sorriest teams in the NFL. Hahaha

            Noah numbers improved- could it be bc they played more games than they did last year????

            By you saying he can see the field bc of the reasons listed above you clearly dont know about playing "qb".. no need to reply to you about this subject anymore. Person who leads the league in ints can see the field.. yeah ok you go with that one.
            I'm stating: last year and this year, Lock has made plays that give me hope for next year.

            The offense will improve after Denver's OL issues are resolved (hopefully via draft),
            and the young offense has a proper off/preseason to gel.

            Fant actually had more snaps last year, yet is currently more productive this year. (spotrac)

            Keep the faith.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rich_C View Post

              See it goes so much deeper than just one guy starting over another. It really does. For example - Look at this team right now.

              OL:
              Bolles has turned it around so I will give credit where it is due.
              Risner has by all metrics regressed AND we are starting to see him (like Glasgow) getting pushed back
              Cush while I am the 1st to say game reps are important at some point we need to pull back and work with the guy, assuming he can be worked on/with. IMO as much as I hate Glasgow I think we need to swap Glasgow for Cush and play Muti (RG) to see if he can improve in pass pro.
              Glasgow based on his price tag I am less than impressed with him at OG. Much like Risner I am seeing a lot of pushing back from his initial spot on the line. This puts him at a disadvantage (run game especially) and he is then left to recover his blocks. I'd like to see him at OC
              RT - Wilk continues to show that he is likely a better OG than OT. Dotson was a clear upgrade when he went in but even then he is a great backup.
              Muti/ Anderson- Both of these guys in their VERY limited reps have impressed me. Anderson struggled at RT but really did well when he covered at LT. Muti while he struggled in pass pro at times was a beast in run blocking.

              Summary: Our interior guys LG, OC, LG which are big players in being bullies up front are in fact getting bullied especially when we go up against better competition. this comes down to drafting and perhaps more importantly not drafting with purpose. Are we a run 1st team? I think we should be and because of that we should be looking for players more like Muti and be looking for guys who can hold up and push back to force holes to open. It is unrealistic to think we can throw it all over the yard like Mahomes. SO instead lets keep him on the bench and beat him that way. Instead we've digressed to become a jack of all trades and master of none.

              DL:

              When we look back at our dominant 2015 defense we had three amazing complements to each other. Interior defensive pressure, well above average ILB play and elite CB/Safety play. Now I think having all three be at the 2015 level is simply not realistic. What I do think is that getting interior pressure is likely not going to come from Casey. There is a reason why he was let go. There is also a reason why when he was with us I never really saw coverages slide to him. Chubb has often been the guy who gets the extra attention. We need to get back to the interior pressure we got from a combination like Wolfe & Jackson. I really like S.Harris because he can be a great all around player for us. IMO a batted ball is just like a sack and wow is he good at doing that. We need a guy to compliment him.


              IMO if we can nail these two main position groups we can start to see real results. Now how does all this tie into this thread? Simple - Elway drafted WR in rounds 1 & 2 instead of looking at a solution in the 2020 draft for the IDL/DE position which was much stronger in the 2020 draft then it is in the 2021 draft. In addition where are our backup safeties? Where are the athletic ILBs? Why is a struggling rookie OC being left in when we are trying to develop a QB? I am not convinced that all of these decisions are all Shurmur/Fangio.
              They arent, but I agree with you about Glasgow, he should be bumped over to Center while pulling Cushenberry out of the game however that will not happen because John invested a draft pick in Cushenberry.

              John lies all day long saying his guy was Cush all along over Matt Hennessy just to justify the KJ Hamler pick in the second round. I do like KJ but John was aiming for Tyreek Hill, any and everyone should be able to see that one.

              Muti looked a hell of a lot better than Glasgow at the right guard position but Muti will not be inserted into the starting lineup because John paid a lot of money for Glasgow.

              I’m not really sure why Risner and Glasgow are regressing In both pass and run blocking but could it be that both offensive line coaches are spending far too much time with Garrett Bolles and Elijah Wilkinson?
              Garrett Bolles ain’t going anywhere for a long time because John just paid a lot of money for him but I can almost guarantee that next year Bolles regresses back to his same old ways.

              It is all extremely frustrating and for the life of me I cannot understand why Joe Ellis is just sitting back and allowing this to happen year after year.
              Last edited by Sam_Z; 12-29-2020, 11:09 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                When I think of John Elway and the Denver Broncos history, I think of John Elway as a player, winning five AFC championship games, and two Super Bowl Titles. When I think of him as an administrator for the Broncos, I think of him winning Two AFC championships, and one Super Bowl title.
                (7 Super bowls for the Broncos with John Elway being involved. )

                The rest of the History of the Denver Broncos was,,,, One AFC Championship with O Super Bowl titles.

                I think we all owe a debt of gratitude to John Elway!!!!

                THANKS #7
                with that line of thinking the patriots are and never have been anything without brady
                Sept. 10, 2006, [email protected] 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, [email protected] 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, [email protected] 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

                Comment


                • Soo then the patriots are idiotic for letting brady go

                  And i guess dan marino was never good as he never won the super bowl
                  Sept. 10, 2006, [email protected] 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, [email protected] 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, [email protected] 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ozzies94ta View Post
                    Soo then the patriots are idiotic for letting brady go
                    Well... Yeah. Brady is in the playoffs, 1st time for the Bucs since 2007, while Bill...

                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ozzies94ta View Post

                      with that line of thinking the patriots are and never have been anything without brady
                      Well, yes and no.
                      Yes they have never won a Super Bowl without TB. So if you're a Patriots fan and you like to win Super Bowls you got to be thankful for Tom Brady.
                      (6 SUPER BOWLS)

                      Comment


                      • With the franchise in the pre stages of a sale, there will be nothing happening in 2021. No GM candidate would even consider signing here not knowing what the future Owners vision is.

                        Elway will play out his contract as the team will be sold during/after the 2021 season. It will be up to the new Owner if they feel John Elway will be a part of the future plans.

                        I hope Elway remains here....if he does it must mean a couple of things- either Lock has really improved and the team looks like it's moving in a great direction or Elway has drafted a new young QB and is being a given a chance to see it through for a while. I just don't want to go into next year with a lame duck QB, HC, and GM.

                        If people truly want a new direction for this team than they should be sitting quietly hoping nothing changes in 2021 because 2022 is shaping up to be the logical redefining period. A new Owner who will choose their GM. A GM that will choose their HC and a HC that will choose their QB.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                          With the franchise in the pre stages of a sale, there will be nothing happening in 2021. No GM candidate would even consider signing here not knowing what the future Owners vision is.

                          Elway will play out his contract as the team will be sold during/after the 2021 season. It will be up to the new Owner if they feel John Elway will be a part of the future plans.

                          I hope Elway remains here....if he does it must mean a couple of things- either Lock has really improved and the team looks like it's moving in a great direction or Elway has drafted a new young QB and is being a given a chance to see it through for a while. I just don't want to go into next year with a lame duck QB, HC, and GM.

                          If people truly want a new direction for this team than they should be sitting quietly hoping nothing changes in 2021 because 2022 is shaping up to be the logical redefining period. A new Owner who will choose their GM. A GM that will choose their HC and a HC that will choose their QB.
                          I am hoping for new ownership hiring a competent GM who hires a competent head coach and selects a better quarterback.

                          I’m all for a complete rebuild. I think that is the only way to overcome the atrocity this organization has become over the past five years. At this point, it all looks like a pipe dream, but to continue to do things the way they are being done leads to 5-8 wins a year.
                          Last edited by qbronco; 12-30-2020, 08:32 AM.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by qbronco View Post

                            I am hoping for new ownership hiring a competent GM who hires a competent head coach and selects a better quarterback.

                            I’m all for a complete rebuild. I think that is the only way to overcome the atrocity this organization has become over the past five years. At this point, it all looks like a pipe dream, but to continue to do things the way they are being done leads to 5-8 wins a year.
                            Mike Klis said yesterday that Ellis is still planning to turn the team over to Brittany. However he stated that he wants to turn the team over to Britney sometime next season.

                            I know Britney is nowhere near the required age by NFL standards however if he’s attempting to turn the team over to her so soon, I’m guessing it is only in title while she will be a puppet while he will remain in control until either she falls out of favor again or she is of age which I think is not for another 7-8 years.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                              Lock has made some great throws. And some bad ones. Just like most QBs in the NFL.

                              His problem is that he plays the game like a college game. Very, very few QB's can be successful doing that. Usually it takes a QB that can run his tail off, like a Lamar Jackson, as a modern day example. Although Lock can run, he definitely can't run like Lamar Jackson. So, he'll need to play QB like an NFL QB. He has yet to show he can do that. I thought by now we'd see it. The only thing we see is he's reduced his INTs these past couple games. The rest of his game remains college-level play.

                              Comment


                              • This being quite possibly Elway's last gasp year (2021), I'd guess he'll go after a vet QB to increase his chances of the team pulling out of their losing season trend. I'm not happy about that (I think they should keep after trying to find their franchise QB through the draft for long term success), I understand it. One thing I think would help Elway is to bring in an offensive "consultant". Shurmur is yet another point of "hope" on this team (like we hope Lock will turn into an NFL QB), and I don't think the Broncos should depend on that. Firing Shurmur would create yet more upheaval for Lock, which isn't good. Maybe they can get someone to help Shurmur call a game that actually helps the offense.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X