Fire John Elway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

They arent, but I agree with you about Glasgow, he should be bumped over to Center while pulling Cushenberry out of the game however that will not happen because John invested a draft pick in Cushenberry.

John lies all day long saying his guy was Cush all along over Matt Hennessy just to justify the KJ Hamler pick in the second round. I do like KJ but John was aiming for Tyreek Hill, any and everyone should be able to see that one.

Muti looked a hell of a lot better than Glasgow at the right guard position but Muti will not be inserted into the starting lineup because John paid a lot of money for Glasgow.

I’m not really sure why Risner and Glasgow are regressing In both pass and run blocking but could it be that both offensive line coaches are spending far too much time with Garrett Bolles and Elijah Wilkinson?
    Garrett Bolles ain’t going anywhere for a long time because John just paid a lot of money for him but I can almost guarantee that next year Bolles regresses back to his same old ways.

It is all extremely frustrating and for the life of me I cannot understand why Joe Ellis is just sitting back and allowing this to happen year after year.
    I am not convinced that Bolles will regress. I do see this level of play being a new norm for him. Now he may regress IF his physical tools begin to diminish. That said a comment like that holds true for every player playing a physical game.

The issue I have with draft "sources" is that unless they @ the team and the team corrects them i will forever be skeptical. Draft time will always be riddled with intentional spread of false reports.

I also tend to agree that there have simply been too many draft picks over too many different coaching regiemes for me to not start looking up a level or two as to why we aren't pivoting to put a better product on the field.

Comment

• Elway and company have had a few good drafts now, we have a coaching staff that is developing. We have a team that is rebuilding and hopefully this is the start of something good!!!!!

YAY ELWAY !!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
        When I think of John Elway and the Denver Broncos history, I think of John Elway as a player, winning five AFC championship games, and two Super Bowl Titles. When I think of him as an administrator for the Broncos, I think of him winning Two AFC championships, and one Super Bowl title.
        (7 Super bowls for the Broncos with John Elway being involved. )

The rest of the History of the Denver Broncos was,,,, One AFC Championship with O Super Bowl titles.

I think we all owe a debt of gratitude to John Elway!!!!

THANKS #7
        Offcause we should appreciate Elway, but that should not insulate him from the deserved blame for what he has done to the franchise after 2016.
        You could also say that aside from 2013 - then Kubes has also been part of all Broncos success since 83 - being a huge part of the 2005 team that Elway had nothing to do with.
        The thing that Elway has shown is that at the most important position he obviously does not seem to figure out what matters.

Elway does not seem to be able to evaluate QBs - especially the mentality properly. Why was Siemian better than Elway's newest wonderboy? Why was Tebow? Why did 2011 and 2016 work? Lock has armtalent, but why isn't it working for Elway? Until Elway can understand the combination of personality and physical skill, we will not move forward

Comment

• Elway said he would keep trying to get a quarterback until he found the right guy. Just like when he lost those first three Super Bowls, he said "he'd rather lose a Super Bowl then not be able to play in a Superbowl, you have to play in the Super bowl to win one." ( or something to that effect)

You got to be in it to win it.

I'm disappointed in the way things have gone, but at least we have a competitor as a GM, he won't give up, and he will keep trying.

Comment

• Trying hard means nothing. Your comparison to his playing days is also not great. When Elway was getting blown out in Superbowls he still was elite and had his team competing year in and year out, right their. Something he cannot do as a general manager. Elway is also great at creating scapegoats for his inability to build a decent roster year after year, and this year maybe he will make it Lock, because he can't fire another coach. One more year of Elway due to contractual obligations and hopefully we see some change.

Comment

• That's what's great! Everybody has an opinion. (Which I respect)

We will see how it all works out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                Elway and company have had a few good drafts now, we have a coaching staff that is developing. We have a team that is rebuilding and hopefully this is the start of something good!!!!!

YAY ELWAY !!!!!

I say the first 8 games in the 2021 regular season will determine if the "few good drafts, a developing coaching staff, in rebuilding mode" will decide if it's the "start of something good".

Nobody has a crystal ball and regardless of which side of the Elway fence you are on, everyone's opinion is just that....opinion.

November 2021 will indicate who's opinion is correct, in my opinion.
                Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• I think he’s had long enough but I get it with the newer additions such as Lock, Jeudy, Hamler etc.

Because of them, one year is all he should get but I’m not as patient with him as the rest of you. I know he’s won super bowls as a player but that was another era in time, it’s past and I want him out now.
                  Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-02-2021, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• I think you let him play out his contract.

( I don't think the Denver Broncos Fire John Elway)

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

I say the first 8 games in the 2021 regular season will determine if the "few good drafts, a developing coaching staff, in rebuilding mode" will decide if it's the "start of something good".

Nobody has a crystal ball and regardless of which side of the Elway fence you are on, everyone's opinion is just that....opinion.

November 2021 will indicate who's opinion is correct, in my opinion.
                      I am curious. What do you expect to see in the first 8 games of 2021 that you have not seen in the past five years?

Trying to patch holes on the old row boat only buys it a little more time. It’s taking on water and barely afloat. It has become apparent that now is the time to invest in a new boat.
                      sigpic

Comment

• The arguments and results haven’t changed. Add another losing season. The front office grift continues.

Comment

• Unfortunately, I think they will be too afraid to fire or even demote him unless they can do it real nicely to not hurt his feelings.
                          You Think Joe Ellis has ever said, "you've been a failure as GM for the last 5 years" "You'd think you would be good at picking a good QB but you're record has not shown that at all"
                          Too bad Elway would'nt just admit that and let somebody else pick players and coaches.
                          But no top shelf head coach is going to come here and have Elway calling all the shots, know Elway will take credit for the good things and coaches and players will be blamed for shortcomings.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMax View Post
                            Unfortunately, I think they will be too afraid to fire or even demote him unless they can do it real nicely to not hurt his feelings.
                            You Think Joe Ellis has ever said, "you've been a failure as GM for the last 5 years" "You'd think you would be good at picking a good QB but you're record has not shown that at all"
                            Too bad Elway would'nt just admit that and let somebody else pick players and coaches.
                            But no top shelf head coach is going to come here and have Elway calling all the shots, know Elway will take credit for the good things and coaches and players will be blamed for shortcomings.
                            Have you ever read his latest book (Elway a relentless life)?
                            I didn’t pay for it however I did check it out at the library recently, anyway he basically takes credit for all the good but none of the bad.

Im not really a fan of that Denver QB Who led the Denver Broncos to a playoff victory in 2011, I never really thought he was an NFL quarterback but I don’t understand how John gets away with bashing him in the book yet he expects everyone else to keep hush hush about himself.

I remember it so clear how Jim Harbaugh refused to even interview with Elway for the Denver Broncos head-coaching position back in 2011. Most NFL executives and coaches knew about Elway then yet nobody says very much And that QB from 2011 has too much class to retaliate and say anything about John even though you know he most likely wants to.
                            Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-02-2021, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Look at the bright side....at least Elway didn't overpay for Lock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

Have you ever read his latest book (Elway a relentless life)?
                                I didn’t pay for it however I did check it out at the library recently, anyway he basically takes credit for all the good but none of the bad.

Im not really a fan of that Denver QB Who led the Denver Broncos to a playoff victory in 2011, I never really thought he was an NFL quarterback but I don’t understand how John gets away with bashing him in the book yet he expects everyone else to keep hush hush about himself.

I remember it so clear how Jim Harbaugh refused to even interview with Elway for the Denver Broncos head-coaching position back in 2011. Most NFL executives and coaches knew about Elway then yet nobody says very much And that QB from 2011 has too much class to retaliate and say anything about John even though you know he most likely wants to.
                                While I am a fan of that Denver QB Who led the Denver Broncos to a playoff victory in 2011, and do believe that he had a combination of insane strengths and must fix weaknesses, the interesting part is more why Elway felt the need to be unsupportive during 2011 which was stupid, and why Elway does not seem to have an eye for drafting QBs based on more that arm talent in non game situations. The team under Elway, Plummer and Tebow were willing to play harder and longer than under other QBs except 2015 Peyton (in 2012-14 we won on the strength of the offense - not on being a gritty team).

The interesting thing is why our team from 2017 and onwards has looked like the Kyle Orton Broncos of 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X