Fire John Elway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

Ohio St isn't the only rival. Wisconsin and Mich State are massive games. Not to mention being 1-4 in bowl games(1-1 at Stanford). Michigan only looks good against really bad teams.
    There's more at fault then haurbaugh. Plus I feel his style would work best with a good gm in the nfl. His eye for talent in my opinion seems bad.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

Obviously you forget the Brady Hoke era
      Not at all. He wasn’t losing games his final season the way Harbaugh has been so far.

He also had an 11-2 first season which is as good as any Harbaugh has had.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

Not at all. He wasn’t losing games his final season the way Harbaugh has been so far.

He also had an 11-2 first season which is as good as any Harbaugh has had.
        5 and 7. Also losing to a lower tier competition is very bad
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm

Comment

There's more at fault then haurbaugh. Plus I feel his style would work best with a good gm in the nfl. His eye for talent in my opinion seems bad.
          He has full say in everything on the offense, he has full control at Michigan. He has talent on the team, good recruits. Michigan lose games via bad play calling, not bad talent. The defense is ran by Don Brown, Harbaugh butts out of everything on defense and let's Don run it, and usually that's the only bright spot for Michigan....usually, they've always had a good defense during the Harbaugh era because of Brown and at it's peak with Mattison as the DL coach, whom had a lot of power with play calling on defense. Mattison is now at Ohio St.

You say his style works best with a good GM, you really think Jim is gonna go from having full control over teams from Michigan, Stanford, and San Fran to just being a coach? Again you can give him talent, it's his playcalling and inability to adjust that's the problem.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

He has full say in everything on the offense, he has full control at Michigan. He has talent on the team, good recruits. Michigan lose games via bad play calling, not bad talent. The defense is ran by Don Brown, Harbaugh butts out of everything on defense and let's Don run it, and usually that's the only bright spot for Michigan....usually, they've always had a good defense during the Harbaugh era because of Brown and at it's peak with Mattison as the DL coach, whom had a lot of power with play calling on defense. Mattison is now at Ohio St.

You say his style works best with a good GM, you really think Jim is gonna go from having full control over teams from Michigan, Stanford, and San Fran to just being a coach? Again you can give him talent, it's his playcalling and inability to adjust that's the problem.
            Then he probably won't be a coach after Michigan. Also he didn't have full control over San Fran. Last time I checked Gattis was the oc and main play caller. Taking they took a pro style offense and recently moved to spread offense.
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm

Comment

Then he probably won't be a coach after Michigan. Also he didn't have full control over San Fran. Last time I checked Gattis was the oc and main play caller. Taking they took a pro style offense and recently moved to spread offense.
              He'll be an NFL head coach, there will be a team that gives him a chance. Probably New York Jets or the Falcons. It's even being reported though that NFL teams aren't interested, according to Pro Football Network’s Tony Pauline, Harbaugh is not highly sought-after by NFL teams.

Unless those 2 teams i mentioned call, Jim will probably still be coaching Michigan next year. The school doesn't do mid season fires, and since it's an academic school before a sports school, they are happy with how Jim has coached the players behind closed doors, as the players are doing good in school and in the community.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

5 and 7. Also losing to a lower tier competition is very bad
                And what exactly do you call getting handled by Michigan st this year who has been smoked by everyone else including Rutgers?
                sigpic

Comment

And what exactly do you call getting handled by Michigan st this year who has been smoked by everyone else including Rutgers?
                  The team has a young QB and seems to be a bad team this year. they can still grow. also i wouldn't call losing by 3 points getting handled.

Also i wouldn't say Haurbaugh would be my top choice for a coach. i want Eric Bienemy if we move on from Fangio
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm

Comment

The team has a young QB and seems to be a bad team this year. they can still grow. also i wouldn't call losing by 3 points getting handled.

Also i wouldn't say Haurbaugh would be my top choice for a coach. i want Eric Bienemy if we move on from Fangio
                    I feel like we aren’t lucky enough to get Bienemy.
                    sigpic

Comment

I feel like we aren’t lucky enough to get Bienemy.
                      Doesn't change the fact he would be my top target if i was in chare of the finding the broncos next coach, even if i had to offer him lots of money. i really like him. i would also look at Lincon Riley and Brian Daboll over Haurbaugh. i am not 100% sure he would be in my top 5.
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm

Comment

I'd be down for Eric Bienemy as well. If we do make a change at QB, then changing the staff wouldn't be as big of a deal if he started over with Lock still at the helm.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Elway understands football and is a successful businessman.

He's tried to solidify our QB situation from FA Manning to R2 Lock.
                          He's built a defense that would have turned his three early SB losses into wins.

Our OL remains a quagmire, but Elway did bring in Munchak.

Elway will draft OL, and we'll trend north with a healthy team.

Comment

I'd be down for Eric Bienemy as well. If we do make a change at QB, then changing the staff wouldn't be as big of a deal if he started over with Lock still at the helm.
                            there's gonna be a lot of competition for EB. I'm hoping he's on the chargers shortlist of candidates this offseason.
                            sigpic

Comment

The entire franchise has taken on a culture of losing. It's become completely acceptable to be mediocre, as long as it can be argued they're trying. The team is young, the team has injuries, those are excuses and excuses are for losers. Even long time fans of the team have gotten used to the losing. It's expected now. The Broncos are the new Browns.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                                Elway understands football and is a successful businessman.

He's tried to solidify our QB situation from FA Manning to R2 Lock.
                                He's built a defense that would have turned his three early SB losses into wins.

Our OL remains a quagmire, but Elway did bring in Munchak.

Elway will draft OL, and we'll trend north with a healthy team.

That's something Elway does have in his favor, he has been trying. It's not like Elway has been Joe Dumars of the NFL.
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Broncos:
                                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                                X