X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    Originally posted by Tdeng88 View Post
    Some of the logic in these posts are insanity. Yeah let's fire everyone top to bottom and then the year after once different ownership takes over do it a second year in a row. Thats what y'all are rooting for. You comprehend this correct? I have to ask this question a different way. I know lots on here dont see covid or injuries as an excuse. Try comparing our team on paper at the beginning of the year to who played yesterday. The entire line was backups yesterday. Smh. Since you all dont want to allow a team to develop and cant see the youth or talent. Let's say we hyporthetically brought in Rodgers tomorrow. What would the record of this team be? Acting like there isnt talent on the roster provided by elway is ridiculous. And having unrealistic expectations entering next season is on you not elway. They have made it abundantly clear lock fangio shermer will all be back. The state of the franchise being what it is you give them the last year of Eleays deal see if this team can grow being one of the youngest in the league. If not you make wholesale changes in 2022 that includes ownership.
    That all makes sense. However, what bugs me is the assumption that the new ownership will do a better job than Ellis has. That's pure speculation.

Leave a comment:

• Tdeng88
    replied
    Some of the logic in these posts are insanity. Yeah let's fire everyone top to bottom and then the year after once different ownership takes over do it a second year in a row. Thats what y'all are rooting for. You comprehend this correct? I have to ask this question a different way. I know lots on here dont see covid or injuries as an excuse. Try comparing our team on paper at the beginning of the year to who played yesterday. The entire line was backups yesterday. Smh. Since you all dont want to allow a team to develop and cant see the youth or talent. Let's say we hyporthetically brought in Rodgers tomorrow. What would the record of this team be? Acting like there isnt talent on the roster provided by elway is ridiculous. And having unrealistic expectations entering next season is on you not elway. They have made it abundantly clear lock fangio shermer will all be back. The state of the franchise being what it is you give them the last year of Eleays deal see if this team can grow being one of the youngest in the league. If not you make wholesale changes in 2022 that includes ownership.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Now that Lynn got fired in LA, Elway better hope they don’t find a way to pluck Bieniemy out of KC or Denver will be looking up from the bottom for a while

Leave a comment:

• MrMax
    replied
    Elway and Ellis are Elway/Ellis fans just milking their position. They obviously know it's just a matter of time and they will be out. They don't care about being a winning team like Pat did. The covid might have been a blessing for them. No one notices the diminishing interest in the team because the cardboard cut outsi were the only ones allowed to come and watch them..
    Last edited by MrMax; 01-04-2021, 07:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    While I hope Elway resigns, its more likely we see him work out the rest of his contract because of the money owed to him were he to be fired. Broncos are rumored to have cash flow issues, and its made worse with covid and no fans attending.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Smart Broncos fans know that change ain’t coming until after next season unless Elway decides to step down before then. He’s not getting fired. Maybe he resigns, but most likely, he finishes out his contract.
    This really is the reality of the situation. We don’t have to like it, but this is where we are.

The shake up in this organization and FO will happen once ownership gets fixed. I really hope it’s resolved in time for 2022.

At this point, I’m pretty much expecting more of the same next year with the hopes of some sort of improvement. I certainly don’t think this is a playoff caliber organization, but there’s always hope, I suppose.

As fans, we have to brace for the whirlwind that will happen once ownership is figured out. I’m pretty sure we’ll be witnessing a full blown organization rebuild soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• GiddyupGetEm
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Smart Broncos fans know that change ain’t coming until after next season unless Elway decides to step down before then. He’s not getting fired. Maybe he resigns, but most likely, he finishes out his contract.
    I know the situation. There is 0% chance Ellis fires Elway if fans are quiet. There is a 20% chance Ellis fires Elway if fans loudly call for Elway’s firing. So I am going to use this platform to rally Broncos Country to put the organization first and loudly call for a new GM.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    Elway can’t draft.
    Elway can’t manage free agency.
    Elway can’t attract the top coaches.
    Elway can’t instill a winning culture.
    Elway can’t preserve the Bowlen standard.

If you are still defending Elway, it isn’t because you are a Bronco fan, it is because you are an Elway fan. Real Bronco fans demand a change in the front office!

Leave a comment:

• GiddyupGetEm
    replied
    Elway can’t draft.
    Elway can’t manage free agency.
    Elway can’t attract the top coaches.
    Elway can’t instill a winning culture.
    Elway can’t preserve the Bowlen standard.

If you are still defending Elway, it isn’t because you are a Bronco fan, it is because you are an Elway fan. Real Bronco fans demand a change in the front office!

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Elway will be back in 2021 if you want him gone look to 2022 maybe he will be gone and you can celebrate if not then you can wait!!!

Leave a comment:

• GiddyupGetEm
    replied
    Elway is the problem. Until we get rid of him we will be the same. He can’t draft, can’t sign the right free agents. And he can’t get the best coaches because ELWAY INSISTS on being the face of the Broncos. No good coach plays second fiddle to the GM.

Leave a comment:

• AZBobalu
    replied
    So is there any doubt left now that Elway created this steaming hot pile? 5-11 record in 5th losing season now with no end of it turning around in sight until he's sent packing. Maybe it's his narcissistic personality that's overtaken any shred of him knowing what he's doing. Wel fans, we just became a perinial bottom dweller with the Jets.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Blaming Elway in this way - though - I think is unfair as it is not a book he has endorsed, he is not the source of the Tebow bashing, nor the source of the information. This is a book written by someone that supposedly has talked to people in the organization, but it is not Elway.

Elway should be on a short leash - but for his failure to build a competitive team.

WK13 of 2017 we were on par with what got McDaniels fired by wk13
    WK13 of 2018 we were two games better
    WK13 of 2019 we were one game better
    WK13 of 2020 we were one game better
    So the author who talked to others as well as Elway made a lot of it up?

Well goodness everyone is just out to get Elway then.

Leave a comment:

• sra84
    replied
    With Cleveland clinching a playoff berth today, there are now only 3 AFC teams that haven't been to the playoffs since 2016, the last five years....

Jets...

Bengals....

.... Broncos.

That's how far we've fallen. That's how bad we are. That's the company we're in. And that has happened under Elway. That's

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanDK
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

Have you ever read his latest book (Elway a relentless life)?
    I didn’t pay for it however I did check it out at the library recently, anyway he basically takes credit for all the good but none of the bad......
    ..... but I don’t understand how John gets away with bashing him in the book yet he expects everyone else to keep hush hush about himself.
    Blaming Elway in this way - though - I think is unfair as it is not a book he has endorsed, he is not the source of the Tebow bashing, nor the source of the information. This is a book written by someone that supposedly has talked to people in the organization, but it is not Elway.

Elway should be on a short leash - but for his failure to build a competitive team.

WK13 of 2017 we were on par with what got McDaniels fired by wk13
    WK13 of 2018 we were two games better
    WK13 of 2019 we were one game better
    WK13 of 2020 we were one game better

Leave a comment:

Working...
X