Fire John Elway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

I mean it we could make a true push for it. You never know what will happen the rest of this season. The jets won't move ill give you that. The jags do crazy stuff all the time. I think if they could move back and get some more picks and still grab a qb later they would. Some solid qbs are coming out.
    If there asking price is multiple first I would have trouble doing that. And to trade up that high your asking for at least 2 firsts if not more.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

As much as Elway deserves to go, unfortunately I think were stuck with him until Ellis goes. Ellis is the real problem.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
        As much as Elway deserves to go, unfortunately I think were stuck with him until Ellis goes. Ellis is the real problem.
        Joe Ellis won’t fire Elway if fans don’t make it clear to him that fans love the Broncos more than they love John Elway. The silence from Broncos Country except for ten fans on this forum is tragic.

Broncos fans get what they accept. We are now on our way to a prolonged period of awfulness. It will mostly be because of Elway, but fans will be just as responsible.

Comment

Who are we going to replace him with? Just like replacing quarterbacks and coaches every year, what happens if we can't find another respectable GM? Then we have to keep changing GM's?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
            Who are we going to replace him with? Just like replacing quarterbacks and coaches every year, what happens if we can't find another respectable GM? Then we have to keep changing GM's?
            Well, this isn't like the head coach or coordinator or quarterback. Elway has been the only consistent next to Joe Ellis for the past 10 seasons and this team has been spinning its wheels for the better part of 5 seasons. And it's not about absolutely having someone in line to replace him so much as it is that they need a fresh set of eyes in the front office to steer the ship in a different direction.

But again, it's not going to happen. Elway is due $30 million next season, which is also his final year. So unfortunately the Broncos are stuck finishing this out, which also means you bring back Fangio next year too. I can't imagine you'd want Elway hiring yet another head coach especially in his last year.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
              Great reason to keep a failure...because a fan doesn’t know who to replace him with.

There is a league full of personnel professionals. Some of them are actually good at identifying talent, managing a cap, etc. Many of them are better than Elway.

Comment

I'd like to see this organization blown up completely, including Elway, Ellis, and the rest of the bros club that has been the reason I've not enjoyed football for 5 years. It's been an utter disaster since the superbowl. I haven't watched a full broncos game this season because I'm just disgusted by the product that's on the field. Unfortunately that's not going to happen until we get an owner. We're wading into Cleveland Browns territory here in that it's going to be double digit years without any success.

I live in Charlotte so I'm watching the Panthers every week, and while they're not winning games they at least look like they're playing in the same league as their opponents. We are such a mess that I'm actually jealous of a team that's lost 5 straight games.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

If there asking price is multiple first I would have trouble doing that. And to trade up that high your asking for at least 2 firsts if not more.
                  dont care about no draft picks give it up. Please tell me what has Elway done with all those picks? Idc give up the picks. People want to hold to picks like they are golden. Elway has had a lot of picks and done squat. You think kc cares about the picks they gave up.....or wait does texans.....or atlanta for Julio,....sometimes you have to just go for it and not play it safe. But hey it's JE, still trying to run things the old way.
                  Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

Comment

Quick reminder. Because John Elway insists on being the face of the franchise, the best head coaches will be reluctant to come to Denver. Head coaches are supposed to be the face of the franchise. They don't like playing second fiddle to the GM. So the Broncos are forced to accept lesser head coaches who are willing to give up prestige and power.

So the problems with our coaching is directly linked to our John Elway problem.

Comment

dont care about no draft picks give it up. Please tell me what has Elway done with all those picks? Idc give up the picks. People want to hold to picks like they are golden. Elway has had a lot of picks and done squat. You think kc cares about the picks they gave up.....or wait does texans.....or atlanta for Julio,....sometimes you have to just go for it and not play it safe. But hey it's JE, still trying to run things the old way.
                      It is a fact that John Elway has one of the worst drafting records in the NFL. Particularly damaging are the 1st and 2nd round picks that he has missed on. Those are supposed to be the core of your team for years to come. What you see on the field now--that awful mess of poor play--is because we are missing playmakers that should have been made if Elway had drafted as well as an average GM.

Comment

The jags have so many issues. And that depends on how minshew plays.
                        They have a ton of issues, including Minshew. Hes out with multiple thumb fractures, and was never a real investment to begin with being an undrafted signing. They have needs but there isn't a need bigger than QB i would bet.

If not the Jags, then you have Washington. Then Dallas, then Carolina, then ATL. All may want QB. O just don't see it
                        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post

It is a fact that John Elway has one of the worst drafting records in the NFL. Particularly damaging are the 1st and 2nd round picks that he has missed on. Those are supposed to be the core of your team for years to come. What you see on the field now--that awful mess of poor play--is because we are missing playmakers that should have been made if Elway had drafted as well as an average GM.
                          There may be light at the end of the tunnel sooner than later. There is a no fire clause in John Elway’s contract, the entitled arrogance that is John Elway would not have it any other way.

However Joe Eliss isn’t stupid and wouldn’t leave himself without an out. Eliss won’t fire Elway but there is also an agreement according to Sandy Clough that if the broncos lose more than 10 games in a single season, John would in fact step down from his position by his own accord.

I would never root for these players to lose, it stinks and everyone can see it on their faces that this is having a great effect on them. They have 7 games left with the possibility of losing at least 4 more of those 7.

I don’t want to see these young guys lose but it may be what is best for them at the moment.

The entitled arrogance of John Elway needs to be gone and away from this franchise once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z

There may be light at the end of the tunnel sooner than later. There is a no fire clause in John Elway’s contract, the entitled arrogance that is John Elway would not have it any other way.

However Joe Eliss isn’t stupid and wouldn’t leave himself without an out. Eliss won’t fire Elway but there is also an agreement according to Sandy Clough that if the broncos lose more than 10 games in a single season, John would in fact step down from his position.

I would never root for these players to lose, it stinks and everyone can see it on their faces that this is having a great effect on them. They have 7 games left with the possibility of losing at least 4 more of those 7.

I don’t want to see these young guys lose but it may be what is best for them at the moment.

The entitled arrogance of John Elway needs to be gone and away from this franchise once and for all.
                            I hope Sandy Clough is right. So 6-10, Elway stays, but 5-11 and Elway quits? That one game is a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post

I hope Sandy Clough is right. So 6-10, Elway stays, but 5-11 and Elway quits? That one game is a big difference.
                              Actually to quote him correctly, he said 10 games or more.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

Actually to quote him correctly, he said 10 games or more.
                                Haven't we already lost 11 games? 2017 we went 5-11. How would Clough be privy to Elway's contract details is my question
                                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
                                X