Fire John Elway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Atlanta was in the superbowl a couple of years ago. Their drafting is bad on def. Which has nothing to do with them getting Julio. Texans getting Watson has nothing to do with them missing picks now that has to do with their coach which was fired for JC, Tunsil and Hopkins trade again nothing to do with Watson. K.c had Alex Smith and still took pat.....we can be close. There were a lot of people on here saying we would go 10-6, 11-5,9-7; of course I didn't feel this way due to lock being under center. Getting a qb i truly feel we then will be one draft/year way from being a consent playoff team.
    How does trading up for Watson, does mean they don't have a good defense. i mean they have no been able to reload there. and they keep trading players or picks for less then they are worth and stuff. there is more then Watson, but giving up extra picks definitely didn't help them. i mean they are looking to be picking top 10 with out a first round pick.

I also don't buy we are a QB away from being a Playoff team. we need our WR to develop. and fix our O-line. hope james doesn't get injuried or something next season and maybe bring back Bolles, but if we don't get Bolles back then we need at le4ast and LT and QB and generally you need to use a first for both those positions.
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 11-16-2020, 02:10 PM.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

How does trading up for Watson, does mean they don't have a good defense. i mean they have no been able to reload there. and they keep trading players or picks for less then they are worth and stuff. there is more then Watson, but giving up extra picks definitely didn't help them. i mean they are looking to be picking top 10 with out a first round pick.

I also don't buy we are a QB away from being a Playoff team. we need our WR to develop. and fix our O-line. hope james doesn't get injuried or something next season and maybe bring back Bolles, but if we don't get Bolles back then we need at le4ast and LT and QB and generally you need to use a first for both those positions.
      Bc when you draft well you don't just hit on picks 1-4. Ot doesn't have to do with their def. You also have trades and free agents.. building a team is not just draft related. We will agree to disagree on this.

We agree to disagree on playoffs.. i clearly said.. a qb and one draft meaning 2022. That's what I said. I truly don't believe the line is as bad as many claim it to be sorry not sorry. I think our wrs, te can be better with a good qb.
      Last edited by Ear2dastreets; 11-16-2020, 02:53 PM.
      Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Bc when you draft well dont don't just hit on picks 1-4. Ot doesn't have to do with their def. You also have trades and free agents.. building a team is not just draft related. We will agree to disagree on this.

We agree to disagree on playoffs.. i clearly said.. a qb and one draft meaning 2022. That's what I said. I truly don't believe the line is as bad as many claim it to be sorry not sorry. I think our wrs, te can be better with a good qb.
        Our line depends will Elway pay Bolles 15-20 million a year it would probably take to retain him. If not we definitely don't have a Lt on the roster I can trust
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Again, they're not paying Elway $30 million to sit at home. I'm not saying anyone here is right or wrong in their assessment of Elway. I'm just telling you unless he walks away he will be back in 2021.
          sigpic

Comment

I agree that we’re likely stuck with Elway and Fangio for another year. I just don’t see Ellis pulling the trigger before his contract is up.

Still, I am looking forward to a change of guard. Elway has just had too many failures on too many levels, drafting, retention, coaching hires, on and on. I give him credit for catching lightning in a bottle with Manning, but other than that, he’s been a sub par GM in my opinion.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
              Again, they're not paying Elway $30 million to sit at home. I'm not saying anyone here is right or wrong in their assessment of Elway. I'm just telling you unless he walks away he will be back in 2021.
              According to CBS Sports, Elway’s contract was $30 million OVER FIVE YEARS! They wouldn’t be paying him $30 million next year if they fired him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...extension/amp/

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                John Elway quit doing his job a long time ago, I’d say that’s breach of contract which Eliss should take into strong consideration and I believe he is.

Comment

Just from a philosophical standpoint if elway does go in the next year or two would it really be any worse than him say leaving with kubiak in 2016 then being all preened and primed to come back again if the team similarly went into the doldrums between 2017 - 2020 , at least all parties , he , the organization and the fans can say the franchise’s blue eyed boy had his shake as gm and now its time to move on .

Comment

I look at it this way, until we know who we would replace John Elway with, and it would have to be after the season, Then it could be a discussion. Right now its mid-season and you play it out, no firing people, or getting hysterical. At the end of the year, you evaluate the pros and cons, and you move forward from there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                      I look at it this way, until we know who we would replace John Elway with, and it would have to be after the season, Then it could be a discussion. Right now its mid-season and you play it out, no firing people, or getting hysterical. At the end of the year, you evaluate the pros and cons, and you move forward from there.

A few things. First, I agree a midseason firing of Elway is unlikely. But Joe Ellis needs to hear fans calling for Elway’s firing over the next seven weeks in order to make the decision more justifiable.

Second, what you’re describing isn’t how the world works. You fire someone and then hire a replacement. Not the other way around. You may not personally know who would be a good GM, but Joe Ellis (and the Bowlens) has access to relationships and professional consultants who know far more about the NFL, personnel evaluation, and other GM duties than any of us fans know.

We will find a GM better than Elway, whether you know them or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post

A few things. First, I agree a midseason firing of Elway is unlikely. But Joe Ellis needs to hear fans calling for Elway’s firing over the next seven weeks in order to make the decision more justifiable.

Second, what you’re describing isn’t how the world works. You fire someone and then hire a replacement. Not the other way around. You may not personally know who would be a good GM, but Joe Ellis (and the Bowlens) has access to relationships and professional consultants who know far more about the NFL, personnel evaluation, and other GM duties than any of us fans know.

We will find a GM better than Elway, whether you know them or not.
                        I appreciate your opinion on how the world works these days. Some people know who they are going to replace people with before they actually replace them. You may have an opinion on how the world works, but to think that the world works exactly how you think it works, then you could be mistaken. But that's just my opinion and I appreciate your opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

John Elway quit doing his job a long time ago, I’d say that’s breach of contract which Eliss should take into strong consideration and I believe he is.

To an outside observer doing a job poorly does not equal not doing your job. You could never prove breach of contract and, in that scenario, I doubt the Broncos org would not even try.

At this point the franchise in a tough situation. If they want Elway gone, and there are good reasons new leadership could provide a fresh start, the best case is both agreeing to terms for Elway to step down - kind of like letting Elway go on his terms in a way that is friendly to both him and the team.

Given that he has one year left on his contract, my gut says he stays. None of that fixes what happens beyond the walls of the FO down in to the locker room and on the field.

I am super disappointed in Fangio, more so with his hand-picked OC. Scangs had lots of issues last year but showed he was able to get something out of Lock. Fangio believes Lock has the talent but the offense under Shurmur has regressed immensely and should surprise no one considering his resume. So we bring in a guy late in his career that had been passed over as an HC before who understandably struggles in his first year who then brings in a arguably less than average OC who seeing the team is in an iceberg field, finds the biggest one and thinks "why don't we head in that direction?" Hard not to pin some of that on Elway.

Comment

• I would hire Louis Riddick to be the GM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

I appreciate your opinion on how the world works these days. Some people know who they are going to replace people with before they actually replace them. You may have an opinion on how the world works, but to think that the world works exactly how you think it works, then you could be mistaken. But that's just my opinion and I appreciate your opinion.
                              Like I was saying, Ellis has dozens of qualified candidates to choose from. Just because YOU don’t know who to choose as GM doesn’t mean Ellis doesn’t have folks in mind already.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                                Elway has one more year left on his contract and is due $30 million in 2021. They ain't firing him. Our best bet is he steps down but that seems just as improbable.

One year left on his contract probably means he has one year left to convince the trust to re-sign him.

Next year is probably his last year.

He can go back to being the immortal quarterback of the Denver Broncos.
                                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                                You Mad Bro?

Comment

Working...
                                X