Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire John Elway

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I think we go 1 more year with current staff and players.
    2 or 3 seasons is enough time to know if things are working.
    (I don't think its a good idea to give up and change everything every 2 years.)

    1 more year of this garbage is going to kill my desire to watch football for the rest of my life.

    Comment


    • are we all kind of jumping the gun a little and maybe we should put more focus on the ownership issue , as other posters have mentioned i think on this thread too is that would quality or sought after potential coaches and front office staff come here until the ownership issue is sorted out , fix the ownership with an owner who isn't stupidly loyal and have a front office staff who's motto is transparency with no cronyism , quite simple .

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Skylan View Post

        1 more year of this garbage is going to kill my desire to watch football for the rest of my life.
        I agree it is hard to watch most of the time. But most young teams have to go through adversity and losing to build character and learn how to win in the NFL.
        We just can't "point and click" a Successful, Winning team in the NFL.
        ("Good things take time")
        Things are going to get better, eventually, one way or another.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

          I agree it is hard to watch most of the time. But most young teams have to go through adversity and losing to build character and learn how to win in the NFL.
          We just can't "point and click" a Successful, Winning team in the NFL.
          ("Good things take time")
          Things are going to get better, eventually, one way or another.

          That’s what Browns and Lions fans told themselves for years, while those teams consistently squandered talent and “youth”. The team being young is not an excuse. Most of the top teams in the league are young offensively. It’s not the youth, it’s the people coaching and assessing the talent level of that youth. That’s where we are severely handicapped.

          It’s almost like the FO is trying to purposely sabotage the team. Lindsay’s proving to be among the best in the game.........we sign Melvin Gordon to an astounding amount of money and Lindsay will probably walk next year. We pay Callahan, who didn’t play all last season, but didn’t want to pay CHJ. Callahan has played 3 games as a Bronco in two years. Same with Bouye, 3 games......... Those are small things, but they’re the kind of moves that lead to GM’s being fired in this league. Yet here we are we’re at year 5 post SB and in that 5 years it’s been all the same. Bad drafting, bad FA signing, bad team management.

          Is it all Elway? Absolutely not. Ellis needs to go even more so. But that FO definitely needs a rebuild and not a re-tool.
          #swapping

          Comment


          • Originally posted by flosstein View Post

            That’s what Browns and Lions fans told themselves for years, while those teams consistently squandered talent and “youth”. The team being young is not an excuse. Most of the top teams in the league are young offensively. It’s not the youth, it’s the people coaching and assessing the talent level of that youth. That’s where we are severely handicapped.

            It’s almost like the FO is trying to purposely sabotage the team. Lindsay’s proving to be among the best in the game.........we sign Melvin Gordon to an astounding amount of money and Lindsay will probably walk next year. We pay Callahan, who didn’t play all last season, but didn’t want to pay CHJ. Callahan has played 3 games as a Bronco in two years. Same with Bouye, 3 games......... Those are small things, but they’re the kind of moves that lead to GM’s being fired in this league. Yet here we are we’re at year 5 post SB and in that 5 years it’s been all the same. Bad drafting, bad FA signing, bad team management.

            Is it all Elway? Absolutely not. Ellis needs to go even more so. But that FO definitely needs a rebuild and not a re-tool.
            BINGO!

            It isn’t injuries. It isn’t “getting young players through inexperience”.

            It is bad drafting. It is bad free agent signing. It is bad coaching. It is a bad culture.

            “Just wait one more year” is a mirage! The ONLY SOLUTION IS TO FIRE JOHN ELWAY.

            Comment


            • I am for whatever works best! I don't care who the owner is, who the GM is, or the QB. I just like to watch the Broncos on Sunday. And whatever it takes to win, I am all in!!!!!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                I am for whatever works best! I don't care who the owner is, who the GM is, or the QB. I just like to watch the Broncos on Sunday. And whatever it takes to win, I am all in!!!!!
                Not only just to win but to see some heart and competition as oppose to the garbage we’re seeing every Sunday.
                Roger Goodell is somewhat responsible for this debacle as well, it’s one thing to have a functioning owner and be bad like the browns and lions but Roger knows the reason this is happening is because Denver has no ownership.

                How long will we have sit back and watch Joe Eliss collect a huge pay check from a horribly bad product just because he’s close friends with the commissioner!
                sigpic

                Comment


                • I do not get the daily news about the team like many here, but I do feel strongly that organizations start from the top, and the right people can make a big difference as can the wrong people.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by flosstein View Post

                    That’s what Browns and Lions fans told themselves for years, while those teams consistently squandered talent and “youth”. The team being young is not an excuse. Most of the top teams in the league are young offensively. It’s not the youth, it’s the people coaching and assessing the talent level of that youth. That’s where we are severely handicapped.

                    It’s almost like the FO is trying to purposely sabotage the team. Lindsay’s proving to be among the best in the game.........we sign Melvin Gordon to an astounding amount of money and Lindsay will probably walk next year. We pay Callahan, who didn’t play all last season, but didn’t want to pay CHJ. Callahan has played 3 games as a Bronco in two years. Same with Bouye, 3 games......... Those are small things, but they’re the kind of moves that lead to GM’s being fired in this league. Yet here we are we’re at year 5 post SB and in that 5 years it’s been all the same. Bad drafting, bad FA signing, bad team management.

                    Is it all Elway? Absolutely not. Ellis needs to go even more so. But that FO definitely needs a rebuild and not a re-tool.
                    So true - it is very few teams that have ultimate success with a QB that is paid as elite - wasn't Peyton the last one with a top 5 salary to win?

                    The sad thing when you look at our situation Broncos at the end of this season will have had 8 losing seasons since 1983, and Elway QB'd for 2, and was resopnsible for Football operations in four.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

                      So true - it is very few teams that have ultimate success with a QB that is paid as elite - wasn't Peyton the last one with a top 5 salary to win?

                      The sad thing when you look at our situation Broncos at the end of this season will have had 8 losing seasons since 1983, and Elway QB'd for 2, and was resopnsible for Football operations in four.
                      Oh brother. And how many winning seasons and Superbowls has Elway had a hand in since 1983?

                      Look, it's not necessary to fault him to the point of denying that he ever had value to this club and contributed to its overall success. It's enough to evaluate recent history-- VJ and Lynch were terrible choices, and Fangio and Lock are not looking so good either right now.

                      My own sense is that he will have until the end of his contract, and if the Broncos aren't above .500 and in the playoffs at the end of the 2021 season, then he, and Ellis, and Russell all need to go.
                      Last edited by L.M.; 11-19-2020, 12:17 PM.

                      Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by L.M. View Post

                        Oh brother. And how many winning seasons and Superbowls has Elway had a hand in since 1983?

                        Look, it's not necessary to fault him to the point of denying that he ever had value to this club and contributed to its overall success. It's enough to evaluate recent history-- VJ and Lynch were terrible choices, and Fangio and Lock are not looking so good either right now.

                        My own sense is that he will have until the end of his contract, and if the Broncos aren't above .500 and in the playoffs at then of the 2021 season, then he, and Ellis, and Russell all need to go.
                        I am not enamored with our output since mid '16, but most of us aren't. But in the history books, the 3 SBs under Elway's collective effort as a player/Exec will long be remembered and not the seasons we did not do well. But yes, even the best have to be accountable at some point.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                          I am not enamored with our output since mid '16, but most of us aren't. But in the history books, the 3 SBs under Elway's collective effort as a player/Exec will long be remembered and not the seasons we did not do well. But yes, even the best have to be accountable at some point.
                          You are right. And that is what is wrong with most of Broncos Country currently. Many fans consider SB 32 and 33 reasons to give Elway credit for his job as general manager NOW. Championships as a player have no bearing on one’s job as a GM.

                          Why isn’t Terry Bradshaw the Steelers GM? He has four rings! Well, because Bradshaw isn’t too bright, and Kevin Colbert is the best GM in the game. You hire personnel professionals to run your front office.

                          I want a GM like John Beake: low profile, seasoned scout, and skilled at player evaluation.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                            I am not enamored with our output since mid '16, but most of us aren't. But in the history books, the 3 SBs under Elway's collective effort as a player/Exec will long be remembered and not the seasons we did not do well. But yes, even the best have to be accountable at some point.

                            I'm not actually sure about that , because they had an exciting passing game exciting qb three amigos etc i think they got carried away with themselves thinking they were elite for beating the cleveland browns , then got horribly exposed in those 80’s sb’s , i’m sure no one can seriously doubt elway and bowlen’s hearts were in the right place but just because they won the afc three times in four years in the late 80’s doesn’t mean their record should get overlooked , we can reminisce that we had this great qb for 16 years but nobody can say it wouldn’t have been at least as good with others , obvious i know but just thought it worth posting , i mean i got interested in this team after what a gormless scottish journalist hugh mcilvanney ( gormless on the nfl anyway ) wrote about elway after the sb loss to the giants , that he was an enigma who’s never won anything , it got me interested on ALL aspects of the bronco team after that , tbh it took a heck of a long time to win the super bowl after that and it wasn’t that impressive although obviously glad that he won in the end , but 83 to 2015 is a heck of a long time and going into 38 years once the 2020 season is over minus the noughties years where he wasn’t involved .
                            Last edited by dbfansincefeb87; 11-19-2020, 02:33 PM.

                            Comment


                            • It's not like Elway is a stooge. He went to Stanford and He ran successful car dealerships, and restaurants.
                              But I understand everybody needs to be replaced when they're not performing up to company standards.

                              Last edited by Capt. Jack; 11-19-2020, 03:38 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                                It's not like Elway is a stooge. He went to Sanford and He ran successful car dealerships, and restaurants.
                                But I understand everybody needs to be replaced when they're not performing up to company standards.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X