Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I think we need to stop with QB compitition and just commit to a guy. Drafting a QB in the 1st or 2nd, imo, would be foolish. We need those high picks to build other areas
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    This offseason needs to be dedicated to building the talent around Lock. Whether that’s oline early in the draft and WR in FA (Robby Anderson perhaps) or oline in FA and WR early in the draft.

If Lock bottoms out next season, we can revisit the QB issue in a deeper stronger class.
    Agreed! He may not be a 100% guaranteed, all pro, franchise QB....but he might be. And he is the most promising I've seen here for a while. So sure, make him compete for his job to some level, as every team does, every year. But I say for once and for all, make a decision that he is the guy we want to build around, and then actively mentor/groom him while actively looking to provide him support with weapons and Oline upgrade.

Sooner or later you make that decision. This is the time, for me, unless he looks lost out there in our final 2 games. I doubt he will.

Show faith, and trust, and accept some bumps, but this is the guy I would place my bets on, and thus, not go back to the QB search other than as backups and mentors. Save some good resourcing for upgrades in the roster, on O and D, that will enhance Lock's chances to succeed.....and enhance our team's potential of becoming a long term contender.

Comment

• Draft a triple option quarterback in the 4th
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
        Draft a triple option quarterback in the 4th
        Lynn Bowden is an interesting WR prospect that’s spent a fair amount of time at QB

Comment

• I think lock is the best thing we have had since manning

we won games with siemian, but there was never a moment when I thought, this guy is the future
          same with Pax, although he should have been played, but mental conditioning wasn't his cup of tea

theres just something you see n lock...poise and leadership that the other two did not possess

I believe the best course is to focus on getting the two best OTs we can get

a fast CB, whether we resign CHJ or not, we need a guy who can cover speed

and a slot WR...I really believed Hamilton would be the guy...but I have seen nothing from him in year two

and finding a WR with amazing speed to take the top off the defense...that's the HIll effect, the guy is just so fast you have to devote two to cover him, give him so much space and the second hes by you its over...we need speed
          Last edited by arapaho; 12-18-2019, 10:11 AM.
          sigpic
          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• A speed WR is a huge need. Robby Anderson, Breshad Perriman, and Phillip Dorsett are scheduled to be FAs. Anderson would be a huge get if the Jets let him walk. Perriman and Dorsett haven’t shown a lot but speed like that has to be respected and Perriman has flashed a few times since leaving Baltimore. Lock has the arm to force defenses to respect any of these guys and that’ll open up a lot for Sutton all over the field. DeMarcus Robinson could be another option, he’s talented but is buried in Kansas City.

Most of these guys should be cheap as well, except for maybe Anderson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
              We can commit to Drew Lock, but we need two good quarterbacks just in case our starter gets hurt. We don't need to get one early in the draft, just be on the lookout in case a good one drops in the draft.
              With some time in one place I think Allen could be a solid backup. He’s bounced around the league over four seasons. Keep him in Denver and coach him up.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                A speed WR is a huge need. Robby Anderson, Breshad Perriman, and Phillip Dorsett are scheduled to be FAs. Anderson would be a huge get if the Jets let him walk. Perriman and Dorsett haven’t shown a lot but speed like that has to be respected and Perriman has flashed a few times since leaving Baltimore. Lock has the arm to force defenses to respect any of these guys and that’ll open up a lot for Sutton all over the field. DeMarcus Robinson could be another option, he’s talented but is buried in Kansas City.

Most of these guys should be cheap as well, except for maybe Anderson.
                I am with you on the "spread the field with an experienced guy" take. I mentioned Anderson before. He has excellent speed and good hands. With Sutton and perhaps another drafted WR, we would be set! (along with the Oliner)

Comment

• You guys are right, a speed reciever is a huge need and will be integral in Locks development. At Missouri it was pretty clear what Drew Lock relied on, what his go to tendency was, it was the deep ball. Drew loved the long ball and relied a lot on Emanuel Hall getting over the top of the defense. Lock was inconsistent hitting him, but he tried it often throughout games. I don't know if I would spend big money on a wide out, we will need to overpay to get an established guy here as we are not a desirable offensive club, but Emanuel Hall is out there and I would sign him to a future contract at years end. Elway brought in some Arizona State guys while Brock was here, and he should do the same with Hall and give that relationship a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                    With some time in one place I think Allen could be a solid backup. He’s bounced around the league over four seasons. Keep him in Denver and coach him up.
                    I would agree with that. Keep Allen has he does have the arm talent and mobility needed to run an Offense (in a pinch) that is designed around Lock. Keep Rypien on the Practice Squad, but Rypien is the guy that you bring in competition for.
                    Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                      I think lock is the best thing we have had since manning

we won games with siemian, but there was never a moment when I thought, this guy is the future
                      same with Pax, although he should have been played, but mental conditioning wasn't his cup of tea

theres just something you see n lock...poise and leadership that the other two did not possess

and a slot WR...I really believed Hamilton would be the guy...but I have seen nothing from him in year two

and finding a WR with amazing speed to take the top off the defense...that's the HIll effect, the guy is just so fast you have to devote two to cover him, give him so much space and the second hes by you its over...we need speed
                      Well gee... All that in one draft? Has a team ever filled so many needs at once?

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                        I think lock is the best thing we have had since manning

It is a bit premature to put Lock on a pedistal, and to differentiate his performance from ex. Siemian. The NFL "expert consensus" is that he the the 28th-29th best QB of 32. It is early and there is hope, but games like what Lock produced against the Chiefs had fans screaming for the heads of Orton, Tebow, Siemian, Lynch, Osweiler....
                        The non biased views are not as favorable as some here. The kid has to fix things - but it was UGLY

Bhanpuri: When you have only eight possessions in a game, you have to make every one count -- especially when Patrick Mahomes is standing on the opposite sideline. So when the Chiefs defense gives you a free set of downs by holding on a fourth-and-5 interception, what you absolutely, positively cannot do, is throw a red-zone interception on THE VERY NEXT PLAY. Both the negated INT and the one that counted resulted in part due to sloppy footwork, an issue the rookie seems to have brought with him from Missouri. Lock too often drifts backward as he's throwing, relying (foolishly) on his strong right arm to squeeze the ball into tight windows. (Remind you of another highly drafted Broncos QB?) The accuracy-affecting tendency, along with a few miscommunications with his receiving corps, contributed to his league-worst completion percentage (45%) and completion percentage above expected (-20.9%) for the week, per Next Gen Stats. Those of you looking to blame the blizzard-like conditions for his collection of off-target throws probably want to stop reading here: His opponent completed the second-highest percentage of passes (79.4%) and had the third-best percentage above expected (17%) playing in the same conditions. I don't highlight that extreme disparity to crush the rookie. It's clearly unfair to expect him to play at Mahomes' level. But I think it's pretty clear at this point that we need to pump the brakes on Drew Lock hot takes after one special start, one clunker and one Siemian-esque game.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                          It is a bit premature to put Lock on a pedistal, and to differentiate his performance from ex. Siemian. The NFL "expert consensus" is that he the the 28th-29th best QB of 32. It is early and there is hope, but games like what Lock produced against the Chiefs had fans screaming for the heads of Orton, Tebow, Siemian, Lynch, Osweiler....
                          The non biased views are not as favorable as some here. The kid has to fix things - but it was UGLY
                          He threw the ball up to let his WR try to make a play in a game where they were already down multiple scores. It was under thrown sure but trying to judge cross the field distance is tough in normal conditions let alone a snow storm. Give the kid a break. He looks promising and I'm not going to let one bad snow game change my view on him. If he stinks it up against Detroit then we can get concerned

Comment

• This week could be rougher than we thought. Looks like the right side of the line is out again, and Risner could be out as well. I have no idea how we're going to do much positive on offense if they are all out.

Comment

• Sounds like they wanna keep that top 10 draft spot lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                                the nfl consensus????...after three games the consensus is he is the 28th or 29 best qb?

and then calling his game ugly?...how good was the run game to get pressure off him...non existent

how good was his protection in pass downs...non existent

how many perfectly thrown balls did you see dropped??? 5-6?

how may wide open wrs did he just not see...were our wrs and routes getting open??

my God for you to prescribe to that crap makes my thankful you are not a talent scout for the broncos
                                sigpic
                                when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Working...
                                X