Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    All of this. Also, I think it's worth noting that his footwork as noticeably improved in a short amount of time. Still not perfect, but it's obvious the kid is listening to coaches and wants to improve.

Add to that his presser where he said (paraphrasing) "I think there's a couple of really good QBs nearby who played for this team. I plan on calling them to help me put together an offseason plan"

Freaking awesome. He's obviously bright and plans to use the resources around him to learn and improve. That's a true pro.
    All true! I can't help but believe we have found our franchise QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
      Right? Kid comes in and immediately makes a splash, then continues solid play for the remainder of the season. Very unique and special indeed. I agree that these sort of moments can be taken for granted. If a fan can't stop and enjoy moments like this, then I don't know what you're watching for. It's just the beginning, but it was very enjoyable to watch a rookie QB swoop in and make such a large impact immediately.

Here's hoping we see a lot more of it for years to come.

Lock to Sutton for the touchdown. Has a nice ring to it.
      For sure! Full off-season to work with receivers, OTAs, TC and preseason to look forward to. There will be ups and downs next season but better to be working with upside potential vs another veteran bridge.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        All true! I can't help but believe we have found our franchise QB.
        I agree. He is by far the best QB prospect we've seen in a very long time. I'm going to say he's a better prospect than Cutler was, especially considering his attitude and leadership skills Probably the best prospect we've seen since Elway in all reality.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
          For sure! Full off-season to work with receivers, OTAs, TC and preseason to look forward to. There will be ups and downs next season but better to be working with upside potential vs another veteran bridge.
          There will be some massive peaks and valleys when you consider the overall youth of this offense. Still, I expect him to put in the effort and be all that much better for it next season.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
            If Von’s effort on defense is predicated on how he feels about the quarterback, it’s probably time to trade him away.

I get that things feel better for everyone when they think the most important position in the game is secured. Lock certainly gives off that vibe, until he starts dancing. Von still has to give maximum effort, regardless of who’s at quarterback.
            Von has always taken plays off, this isn’t something new with him and it’ll continue next season. The majority of pass rushers take plays off, it’s just the mindset of the position to save yourself for key plays. Difference is, next season with something to actually play for you’ll see those flash plays more often out of him in those key situations. And with Chubb back you’ll get more consistency as Chubb will force QBs into him much like Von has done for others this season and Fangio seemed to figure out as the season went on that Von dropping into coverage isn’t a viable option and should only be used every once in awhile.

Comment

• I ponder.....if Lock is just a rookie, and had some concerns going in, based on what we've experienced, imagine the upside!!! I can only think he will get better. Seriously, I'd be happy next season if he improves a little bit. But if he really gets it together, and has another weapon (or two), his ceiling might be pro bowl plus.

Comment

• God bless you Drew Lock, you given me hope !

Comment

• Originally posted by EngBronco View Post
                  God bless you Drew Lock, you given me hope !
                  I approve of this message ! Amen

Comment

• Per Elway today:

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — After posting a 4-1 record in his five starts at quarterback, it appears Drew Lock has done enough to earn the Broncos’ starting job in 2020.

“I don’t see any [other] options right now,” President of Football Operations/General Manager John Elway said Monday.

“Obviously he finished and did a heck of a job and won four out of five games and played well, but he’s still got a long way to go. He’s still got a lot of work to do, but we’re excited about where Drew is.

Don’t like to show our hand, but I think it’s unrealistic to say we’re going in a different direction."

Yeah!!!
                    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                      Per Elway today:

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — After posting a 4-1 record in his five starts at quarterback, it appears Drew Lock has done enough to earn the Broncos’ starting job in 2020.

“I don’t see any [other] options right now,” President of Football Operations/General Manager John Elway said Monday.

“Obviously he finished and did a heck of a job and won four out of five games and played well, but he’s still got a long way to go. He’s still got a lot of work to do, but we’re excited about where Drew is.

Don’t like to show our hand, but I think it’s unrealistic to say we’re going in a different direction."

Yeah!!!
                      I am giving Elway more kudos of late, but if he said anything different than this, I would be a bit ticked!!

Then again, who else is even in the running.....a draftee of some sort? Eli???

Comment

• It is a wonderful feeling that we’ve broken out of the band aid FA QB cycle.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Will be very interesting to see where Lock lands when those post-season “redrafts” start coming out...

If I’m an owner w/o a QB right now looking at Lock sliding around comfortably throwing missiles... I’d have a few choice words for my GM and scouting department.
                          Last edited by Southern Bronco; 12-31-2019, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• I'm lazy, not very computer savvy, and really only look at Bronco stuff. BUT....anyone have stats or info on how Lock compares to Haskins who numerous folks wanted vrs. Lock ? Thank you in advance

Comment

• Not really news...but

John Elway said its ‘unrealistic’ to see anyone but Drew Lock starting for #Broncos in 2020

It's nice to go into the off-season knowing who the QB is and knowing what to build for

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
                                I'm lazy, not very computer savvy, and really only look at Bronco stuff. BUT....anyone have stats or info on how Lock compares to Haskins who numerous folks wanted vrs. Lock ? Thank you in advance
                                I watched a fair amount of Washington this season and Haskins struggled for the most part. He flashed a few nice plays however I believe Lock was better. I don’t think Gruden managed the process effectively. Haskins having only one year as a starter at Ohio State was a factor IMO.

Edit: Meant to say Lock played better IMO.
                                Last edited by Fantaztic7; 12-31-2019, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X