X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RocketArm006
    Totally Worth It
    • May 2008

The kid did not have a “bang on” game. I think those overthrows will improve with experience. Same with the snaps.

For the most part, though, I was satisfied with his performance. The offense as a whole had their fair share of mistakes as well. I still maintain they showed some very promising flashes.

I’m gonna sound like a broken record, but it’s a super young team. They’re going to have their ups and downs. They show potential, though.

Comment

• fraguela09
      Byner of Buckner?
      • Oct 2006

Tough to blame Lock for this one; Shurmur bungled the GL drive that ended in turnover in downs; JJ killed 2 drives on drops...

I didn’t like the 3 long balls he tossed. Not even close. He missed the chance to put game away but you had to be impressed with that 4tb Q drive to take the lead...

I saw enough to be encouraged that there’s more to look at. He looks the part, so we shall See how the next 31 games go... PS didn’t help on that second to last drive either, giving away a play running a dive and putting QB in a third and long.

Comment

• Gsam
        Playmaker
        • Nov 2006

Lock is gonna be fine.

Two big things.

1) Lock needs to stop going for the home run and be patient. 3-4 times last night on third down he went for the home run instead of taking easy yards that would extend the drive. He's not there yet.
        2) Coaches need to help with play calling to put him in situations where he can get into a groove and start to feel comfortable. The game play the titans ran last night is exactly what we should have been doing with Lock. Tannehill is not a great QB but they put him in a comfortable situation to wear out the other team's D and get the QB comfortable. We need to do the same for lock.

Comment

• RocketArm006
          Totally Worth It
          • May 2008

Originally posted by Gsam View Post
          Lock is gonna be fine.

Two big things.

1) Lock needs to stop going for the home run and be patient. 3-4 times last night on third down he went for the home run instead of taking easy yards that would extend the drive. He's not there yet.
          2) Coaches need to help with play calling to put him in situations where he can get into a groove and start to feel comfortable. The game play the titans ran last night is exactly what we should have been doing with Lock. Tannehill is not a great QB but they put him in a comfortable situation to wear out the other team's D and get the QB comfortable. We need to do the same for lock.
          Quoted for truth. Good take. Patience is a virtue this year.

Comment

• Peerless
            Football Immortal
            • May 2004

Lock looks and played better than Flacco. That is all that matters for now.... He needs work, but what is this, his 6th game or something like that? Dude is still a rookie playing with a new OC and offensive system, WITHOUT preseason.
            Last edited by Peerless; 09-15-2020, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• Capt. Jack
              Football Immortal
              • Oct 2010

I remember Patrick Mahomes first game against us, he picked us apart a bit. Drew Lock has to start having some games like that.

Comment

• BroncoFanDK
                All-Pro
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                Lock looks and played better than Flacco. That is all that matters for now.... He needs work, but what is this, his 6th game or something like that? Dude is still a rookie playing with a new OC and offensive system, WITHOUT preseason.
                If we compare to 2011 where we had a 2nd year QB with a much more tumulturous situation, we really need to judge Lock on a non biased scale. We are not looking for the "Christian Ponder" of the future, but a QB that can be the difference maker in whether we make the playoffs and succeed there. The Mile High Magic disappeared between 2005 and 2010, and what it took to get it back from 2011 to 2015 was the expecttion that when the chips were down wonders were going to happen.

Lock looks lke Christian Ponder - we need more!

Comment

• Peerless
                  Football Immortal
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                  If we compare to 2011 where we had a 2nd year QB with a much more tumulturous situation, we really need to judge Lock on a non biased scale. We are not looking for the "Christian Ponder" of the future, but a QB that can be the difference maker in whether we make the playoffs and succeed there. The Mile High Magic disappeared between 2005 and 2010, and what it took to get it back from 2011 to 2015 was the expecttion that when the chips were down wonders were going to happen.

Lock looks lke Christian Ponder - we need more!
                  SIX games. Six. How can you compare him to anyone when he’s played in less than half of a seasons worth of NFL games??

Comment

• CoryWinget81
                    five thousand, 800 and uh
                    • Dec 2006

Drew Lock looked "okay". I don't like him developing a habit of throwing across his body, and he needs to learn to take the sure yards. Other than that, 6th game, no preseason, new OC, missing sutton...I think he did fine
                    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Rastic
                      Modulated
                      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                      Drew Lock looked "okay". I don't like him developing a habit of throwing across his body, and he needs to learn to take the sure yards. Other than that, 6th game, no preseason, new OC, missing sutton...I think he did fine
                      Agreed. A little perspective is needed when trying to make any evaluations of Lock at this point.

Even in the starts he had last year - that was in an offense that had been established for the entire season, with training camps, mini camps, preseason, and regular season practice. This year has not allowed for familiarity and cohesion: new OC, a number of starting rookies, no training camp or preseason to benefit from.

On offense there will be bumps - that must be expected. Our expectations should match that and look less for veteran decision making and more for improvement where it matters.

Comment

• RocketArm006
                        Totally Worth It
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                        I remember Patrick Mahomes first game against us, he picked us apart a bit. Drew Lock has to start having some games like that.
                        Though I expect Lock to have good games, I certainly don't expect Mahomes level production out of him instantly. Mahomes is a generational freaking winning lottery ticket. I have confidence in Lock, but he's in the development stage right now. I like what I see so far, but he still has improvements to make. I think he will, but it remains to be seen. Mahomes is a unicorn.

Comment

• L.M.
                          Vitalstatistix
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Gsam View Post
                          Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                          And he was almost picked off in this game while throwing across his body. He needs to break that habit before his luck runs out!

He seems to be more of the gunslinger ala Plummer/Elway than a methodical Manning, but hopefully he will eventually learn to take what he's given once his awareness improves and he makes better reads. It takes time and some growing pains and errors along the way. We have to be patient with him. He has tremendous upside and poise, and he's fun to watch!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• RocketArm006
                            Totally Worth It
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                            And he was almost picked off in this game while throwing across his body. He needs to break that habit before his luck runs out!

He seems to be more of the gunslinger ala Plummer/Elway than a methodical Manning, but hopefully he will eventually learn to take what he's given once his awareness improves and he makes better reads. It takes time and some growing pains and errors along the way. We have to be patient with him. He has tremendous upside and poise, and he's fun to watch!
                            I like the gunslinger aspect to his game. Like you said, though, he has some developing to do when it comes to awareness. Still, he's way more fun to watch than any QB we've endured for the last 5 years.

Comment

• broncolee
                              Football Immortal
                              • Jan 2007

Shurmur didn’t help Lock with his stupid play calling.
                              Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• CanDB
                                Football Immortal
                                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

I agree. But for some of the weaker spots in his game, I am excited to see him progress. He has such a strong arm, and he looks comfortable. Once he settles in, and Sutton, Jeudy, Fant and the backs get it in gear, this O will score more.

It is still ironic to me that he looks a bit like Jay, and he throws with the same type of velocity and even slight over confidence in his accuracy. BUT he is such a nicer guy!

Comment

Working...
                                X