Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

I guess the difference is I don't feel lock is trending in the wrong direction. He has came in played 2 of the better defense 1 in a snow game. It feels way to early to say that. Wilson was the real deal for sure. Brady was a bit of a question mark. Either way Lock has had some bad luck. But I don't feel he is trending in the wrong directions. He is making alot of mistakes alot of other rookies try to do. Such as trying to make to much happen. Or not taking what the defense is giving you. I just feel this has already been a scuffed off season and he has played 3 good defenses and 1 above average. I dont feel 8 td 7 ints 60 percent completion percentage and 1600 yards is that bad for a qb starting his first 8 games or at least 8 full games of playing time.

Not to mention both the Pats and The Chiefs have preformed as top ten units in this league. The steelers have the best defense in the league this year now he played like 2 downs before injury there. The titans where a bit above average so far as a defense. People are panicking way to early with Lock. He has all the tools and you can see noticeable improve from preseason of his rookie year till now. I think you can see improvement each game. I really feel the key with lock is he had to stop shooting for the stars all the time and sometimes just take what the defense is giving you. Outside of that I feel his throwing motion has improved. His decision making has improved. And I hear great things about his work ethic. Plus he had all the tools needed to be successful in this league. He has good arm strength if not elite. He has good accuracy. He is athletic enough to manipulate the pocket or run for yards if needed. I feel giving up lock would be a huge mistake at this point. Either way if we get top 2 I would consider Lawrence or Fields. But I wouldn't trade up for either. I also wouldn't touch a qb in this draft outside of them. I am not sold on Trey Lance. I have seen Mac Jones or Kyle Trask be listed as first round qbs. Neither I would touch in the first

Right now I feel if we got a top 2 pick I would try to move down and pick up an extra first next year.
    Yea we don't see things the same....last year was last year. Im going on this year. 1 td 5 ints is not a good look period. Im have never said its time to bench lock. I fully feel he needs to play the rest of this year. I was never on board with lock. When I studied qbs last year like I do every year. He is playing like he did in college to "me" he shine in games we should win but vs big time comp he folds. Lock career comp % in college was like 53%....then people are saying now what they did then and it was the talent around him. I want a qb that can elevate other players game. Wilson does that. Lockett and dj.....making them look like top 10 wrs. Right now lock has a top 15 wr, top 25 t.e. 1st rd RB, .... the offense not terrible. Oline is playing way better. To me most will see what I saw back in college by the end of the people will see.
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Yea we don't see things the same....last year was last year. Im going on this year. 1 td 5 ints is not a good look period. Im have never said its time to bench lock. I fully feel he needs to play the rest of this year. I was never on board with lock. When I studied qbs last year like I do every year. He is playing like he did in college to "me" he shine in games we should win but vs big time comp he folds. Lock career comp % in college was like 53%....then people are saying now what they did then and it was the talent around him. I want a qb that can elevate other players game. Wilson does that. Lockett and dj.....making them look like top 10 wrs. Right now lock has a top 15 wr, top 25 t.e. 1st rd RB, .... the offense not terrible. Oline is playing way better. To me most will see what I saw back in college by the end of the people will see.
      first in footballl i believe you have to build a team to dominate in the trenches. right now our offensive line is below average to average at best. also if Sutton was Healthy i would agree with you we have at least a top 15 if not a top 10 WR, but who right now is playing like a top 15 WR. Tim Patrick currently leads the team in WR at 354 and Jerry Jeudy is second at 280 and Fant is third at 250 even with missing a game. right now i don't think we have a top 15 WR in the nfl. Tim Patrick isn't it, Jeudy is still showing growing pains as a rookie. he has the upside to be top 10 top 15 in the league but he is not there yet.

our running back situation is a joke, we over paid for Gordon who has been a major disappointment. and he seems to still be getting the majority of the snaps even though Lindsey has proven he is more effective then Gordon at this point. not to mention Gordon is Fumbling way to much.

DJ Metcalf is a top 5 WR in this league. he has everything you want from that spot. and is just plain dangerous. Lockett has been one of the most underrated WR in the nfl for a few years now. The seahawks have a really good Core nothing to be compared with ours. our is young Still developing and our main star is out.
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• If Lock does not produce it will time to Bench Him and Once Again Move On to the Next QB who ever that shall be Rypin? Enough is Enough

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
          If Lock does not produce it will time to Bench Him and Once Again Move On to the Next QB who ever that shall be Rypin? Enough is Enough
          I can’t imagine the leash of a 2nd rounder is all that long, he’ll probably get the rest of the season, as there’s not really any other options, but not beyond that.

I just don’t know which direction we go after this, try to draft somebody again? They’re been terrible at that. The vet QB route? Ugh, that sounds awful. We really needed Lock to work, or at least be mediocre. Hopefully he turns it around the next few weeks and we’re all laughing at this thread by this time next year.

Comment

first in footballl i believe you have to build a team to dominate in the trenches. right now our offensive line is below average to average at best. also if Sutton was Healthy i would agree with you we have at least a top 15 if not a top 10 WR, but who right now is playing like a top 15 WR. Tim Patrick currently leads the team in WR at 354 and Jerry Jeudy is second at 280 and Fant is third at 250 even with missing a game. right now i don't think we have a top 15 WR in the nfl. Tim Patrick isn't it, Jeudy is still showing growing pains as a rookie. he has the upside to be top 10 top 15 in the league but he is not there yet.

our running back situation is a joke, we over paid for Gordon who has been a major disappointment. and he seems to still be getting the majority of the snaps even though Lindsey has proven he is more effective then Gordon at this point. not to mention Gordon is Fumbling way to much.

DJ Metcalf is a top 5 WR in this league. he has everything you want from that spot. and is just plain dangerous. Lockett has been one of the most underrated WR in the nfl for a few years now. The seahawks have a really good Core nothing to be compared with ours. our is young Still developing and our main star is out.
            Hopkins, julio, Evans, adams, Thomas...there is five he is not a top 5 wr sorry. The only reason we won vs N.E. was the def and running game. I named those wr bc they would not be considered is top wrs. I seriously doubt if Darnold have both of those wrs they would not have the same numbers. You can say what you want but Russell made them point blank period.
            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Also just because Elway has missed don't mean Elway has not tried to fix the oline. Look at Russell and Watson line and they still made stuff happen...whatever man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

I can’t imagine the leash of a 2nd rounder is all that long, he’ll probably get the rest of the season, as there’s not really any other options, but not beyond that.

I just don’t know which direction we go after this, try to draft somebody again? They’re been terrible at that. The vet QB route? Ugh, that sounds awful. We really needed Lock to work, or at least be mediocre. Hopefully he turns it around the next few weeks and we’re all laughing at this thread by this time next year.
                Totally Agree 1000 %

Comment

• Did anyone watch Locks PC today? Was he acting strange to you?

Comment

• Originally posted by MHOC View Post
                    Did anyone watch Locks PC today? Was he acting strange to you?
                    It kind of looked like he had one of those stubborn dried out boogers in his nose that he was trying to pick.
                    Other than that he seems disappointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post

He's a mobile, gun-slinging risk-taker like Plummer, who was an INT machine because of it, especially in AZ. Then he was in Shanahan's O six years later which utilized PAP well because it was set up by a balanced and effective running game.

Lock all by his lonesome, "is putting the team in a bad position" i.e. it's all his fault we lost four games. Riiiight. Shurmur and the rest of the O have to do their parts too, ya know. There's room for improvement everywhere.
                      No everything is not Lock's fault but the correlation to wins between the play - running and passing of the QB - lies in the 85-88% correlation range. If your QB who touches ball on every offensive snap plays better than the QB on the opposite side you win 8-9 out of 10, so there is no player that has more to do with win/loss than Lock, but he is not alone.

Comment

• He was touching both and couldn’t quit touching his face and hair. The comments on the FB feed had a lot of theories.

Comment

Hopkins, julio, Evans, adams, Thomas...there is five he is not a top 5 wr sorry. The only reason we won vs N.E. was the def and running game. I named those wr bc they would not be considered is top wrs. I seriously doubt if Darnold have both of those wrs they would not have the same numbers. You can say what you want but Russell made them point blank period.
                          You way overrated Evans

Hopkins Julio adams Thomas all make sense. I wouldn't even have Evans as the best wr on his team. The fifth slot is really debatable. But I do think with Metcalfs measurable and production so far he looks like a top 5 wr to me. I dont think Evans even makes my top 10 list at this point.

I would have both Dk and Tyler over him. I would have Tyreek Hill over him. The fact that you don't have Tyreek Hill on the list as a top 5 wr is just bleh. Almost invalidates the list for me in general.
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm

Comment

You way overrated Evans

Hopkins Julio adams Thomas all make sense. I wouldn't even have Evans as the best wr on his team. The fifth slot is really debatable. But I do think with Metcalfs measurable and production so far he looks like a top 5 wr to me. I dont think Evans even makes my top 10 list at this point.

I would have both Dk and Tyler over him. I would have Tyreek Hill over him. The fact that you don't have Tyreek Hill on the list as a top 5 wr is just bleh. Almost invalidates the list for me in general.
                            I'm going by stats idc about your personal feelings. His stats say otherwise. You are seriously overeating dk....no one would put him as top 5. Keenan Allen, obj in the right offense, ridley, golladay....AB once he is back. But again Russell made them period. He'll ill take Robinson over dk.

Comment

I'm going by stats idc about your personal feelings. His stats say otherwise. You are seriously overeating dk....no one would put him as top 5. Keenan Allen, obj in the right offense, ridley, golladay....AB once he is back. But again Russell made them period. He'll ill take Robinson over dk.
                              What stats td cause.metclaf has better stats then Evans this year.
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm

Comment

What stats td cause.metclaf has better stats then Evans this year.
                                DK also have been numbers than Michael Thomas so would you say he is a better overall wr??? I'm talking about overall. Everyone knows m Evans is hurt but yet had a td in the first 5 straight games. Also tb has more options to throw the ball to. We are getting way from the point..a good qb turn no name into name period. Watson and Wilson NEVER had online worth of anything but both are pro bowl players.

Comment

Working...
                                X