No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd give him that next 2 games and if there isn't major improvement over the last 2 games then I would bench him because he sure can't get much worse. That would leave half the season to see what rypien can do
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
      I'd give him that next 2 games and if there isn't major improvement over the last 2 games then I would bench him because he sure can't get much worse. That would leave half the season to see what rypien can do
      I think it’s a given that Rypien isn’t more than a backup.

That’s why you leave Lock in.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Omg you guys. Ryp sucks. He is a Trevor siemian. What is it with obsessing over backup qbs? So weird.

Lock is going to get the entire year regardless of how he plays. Lock is head and shoulders the best qb on our roster. He may sink and if he does we will be drafting his replacement at some point.

Make no mistake he is going to get his 16 game (rookie season) showing.
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

I'd give him that next 2 games and if there isn't major improvement over the last 2 games then I would bench him because he sure can't get much worse. That would leave half the season to see what rypien can do
          Rypien is to limited in arm strength to be an nfl qb. His passes have no zip and it looks like he is using all his strength to throw the ball like 20-30 yards.
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

Rypien is to limited in arm strength to be an nfl qb. His passes have no zip and it looks like he is using all his strength to throw the ball like 20-30 yards.
            And what would it matter if he leads the team on scoring drives and wins games, we have a good running game a defense, all he would need to do is manage the offense. Clearly he looks much better in the pocket
            sigpic

Comment

• The arm and the brain need to connect, but when they do, it's gonna be something.

He was a top ten pick... In the second round... Let's build an O-line before we draft any more sacrificial lambs.
              [sigpic

Comment

And what would it matter if he leads the team on scoring drives and wins games, we have a good running game a defense, all he would need to do is manage the offense. Clearly he looks much better in the pocket
                Lock can move the ball down field and be more then just a game manager. Plus lock still has a winning record as a start. So he can win games. Rypien would eliminate a whole part of the offense and was lucky to win vs the Jets. I dont see how he would give us a better chance to win then lock. This seems like a move you make when you want to tank
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm

Comment

Lock can move the ball down field and be more then just a game manager. Plus lock still has a winning record as a start. So he can win games. Rypien would eliminate a whole part of the offense and was lucky to win vs the Jets. I dont see how he would give us a better chance to win then lock. This seems like a move you make when you want to tank
                  So just for arguments sake, if the next 2 games lock has 0 tds and 4 ints and like just over 50% and they lose then that is acceptable to let him stay in?
                  sigpic

Comment

So just for arguments sake, if the next 2 games lock has 0 tds and 4 ints and like just over 50% and they lose then that is acceptable to let him stay in?
                    If it is up to me I am riding with lock regardless what his stats look like and then studying his film after see what he looks like as a qb with a deep dive and decide where to go from there. I feel like Rypien will follow the back up qb train for a moment and then become a coach. I think he obviously knows football very well. He is just to limit physical to succeed in this league as a player, but I feel like he will become a good coach if he wants to do that.

Plus I feel like stats don't give the full story. What if our defense gets thrashed so even if he didn't throw a pick we would have lost. I can't really tell until I see the game. I know already there's ay least 2 ints that I don't feel are his fault. Expecially the one in the kc game where the ball bounced off a broncos wr into a cheifs players hands.
                    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 10-29-2020, 01:32 PM.
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm

Comment

• Maybe he will get a week off to gel with everyone now that one of the Chargers has COVID.

Comment

Yes!
                        So far:
                        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• This MHR article is good:

Tale of the tape: What is going on with Drew Lock?
                          Taking a deep dive into Drew Lock’s tape from Sunday’s game against Kansas City
                          By Jeff Essary

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

If it is up to me I am riding with lock regardless what his stats look like and then studying his film after see what he looks like as a qb with a deep dive and decide where to go from there. I feel like Rypien will follow the back up qb train for a moment and then become a coach. I think he obviously knows football very well. He is just to limit physical to succeed in this league as a player, but I feel like he will become a good coach if he wants to do that.

Plus I feel like stats don't give the full story. What if our defense gets thrashed so even if he didn't throw a pick we would have lost. I can't really tell until I see the game. I know already there's ay least 2 ints that I don't feel are his fault. Expecially the one in the kc game where the ball bounced off a broncos wr into a cheifs players hands.
                            I see it pretty close to your take. Of the guys we have, who do we think is a long term starter? I say Lock. So I stay with him, even if there are some bumps along the way. As long he is confident and is playing with energy. OK, sure, if he suddenly gets colour blind and keeps passing to the wrong team, maybe sit him down for a bit. Lets be honest, if Lock isn't the guy to get us to the playoffs this season, I don't think it critical we panic and replace him, if playoffs are the reason. I just don't see the reasoning to bench him solely because we think one of the backups will make a difference.

So yes, lets see all that Lock has, and evaluate in due course. Only if he regresses to some degree do I replace him, this year.

Comment

• Lock needs to play, maybe things will start to click and he starts getting the job done!
                              (Don't switch Horses mid race)

Comment

• Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                                The arm and the brain need to connect, but when they do, it's gonna be something.

He was a top ten pick... In the second round... Let's build an O-line before we draft any more sacrificial lambs.
                                Totally disagree. Please stop making it seem like he is getting sack every other play. Oline is playing better than it has in years.
                                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Working...
                                X