Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Lock needs to play, maybe things will start to click and he starts getting the job done!
    (Don't switch Horses mid race)

We're into a phase of games where he has to start performing. These are teams that we should beat provided that we don't turn the ball over. Lock anf Gordon need to cut out the unforced errors and show what they can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post

We're into a phase of games where he has to start performing. These are teams that we should beat provided that we don't turn the ball over. Lock anf Gordon need to cut out the unforced errors and show what they can do.
      Can you tell me why we should beat them? Maybe we should beat Miami but not seeing the other 3 that's coming up. We got talent but its not being utilized correctly and we got a Qb that's a project and needs time to MAYBE figure out if he's the guy. We should not call any game winnable until this team learn how to win and win consistently.
      :go:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

If it is up to me I am riding with lock regardless what his stats look like and then studying his film after see what he looks like as a qb with a deep dive and decide where to go from there. I feel like Rypien will follow the back up qb train for a moment and then become a coach. I think he obviously knows football very well. He is just to limit physical to succeed in this league as a player, but I feel like he will become a good coach if he wants to do that.

Plus I feel like stats don't give the full story. What if our defense gets thrashed so even if he didn't throw a pick we would have lost. I can't really tell until I see the game. I know already there's ay least 2 ints that I don't feel are his fault. Expecially the one in the kc game where the ball bounced off a broncos wr into a cheifs players hands.
        Lock threw it behind. Wr got his hands on it but it was still behind him shich enabled the defender to be in the perfect spot. Stats do tell a story believe it or not. It can tell you his pass to int ratio so say lock puts the ball up 84 times and he has lets say 3 picks he's average an interception one every 28 throws or so. Sacks can be measured the same way but you get the point.

Bottom line locks is near the bottom of starting qbs. I see excuses roll out for Lock like clockwork where in years past people got on Keenum or Flacco fairly quickly. Yes they are vets but if you're performing well it shouldn't matter we should expect better. I don't know how you defend lock if he stinks it up over the next few games against these teams many of you seem we should beat. Yall say it I don't, in my opinion we are a bad football team with a project qb that we are wasting young good talent on hoping he'd be the guy someday. We haven't won consistently since late last year and even then Lock wasn't putting up wow numbers the defense was good. Lock just managed the game only took over the houston game in my opinion. That was so long ago let that go. Nfl means what have you done for me lately and well ya know what he's done lately and it ain't good tape and film is out on him maybe he can't adjust.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post

Lock threw it behind. Wr got his hands on it but it was still behind him shich enabled the defender to be in the perfect spot. Stats do tell a story believe it or not. It can tell you his pass to int ratio so say lock puts the ball up 84 times and he has lets say 3 picks he's average an interception one every 28 throws or so. Sacks can be measured the same way but you get the point.

Bottom line locks is near the bottom of starting qbs. I see excuses roll out for Lock like clockwork where in years past people got on Keenum or Flacco fairly quickly. Yes they are vets but if you're performing well it shouldn't matter we should expect better. I don't know how you defend lock if he stinks it up over the next few games against these teams many of you seem we should beat. Yall say it I don't, in my opinion we are a bad football team with a project qb that we are wasting young good talent on hoping he'd be the guy someday. We haven't won consistently since late last year and even then Lock wasn't putting up wow numbers the defense was good. Lock just managed the game only took over the houston game in my opinion. That was so long ago let that go. Nfl means what have you done for me lately and well ya know what he's done lately and it ain't good tape and film is out on him maybe he can't adjust.
          I dont care if it was a little bit behind. If a Wr gets there hands on they catch it. Not try drop it and knock it back up. They tell a story but the whole story. Also we don't have an upgrade for lock. You think Rypien or Driskel are upgrades to lock. They would probably look worst then Lock back there.

I am not saying Lock for sure should be the starting qb next year. I just don't think Driskel or Rypien are starting caliber in this league. I don't think either would give us a better chance to win. Driskel did not recognize blitzes or anything like that. Rypien is really limited physically and can not throw beyond 15-20 yards down field
          Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 10-29-2020, 07:35 PM.
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Totally disagree. Please stop making it seem like he is getting sack every other play. Oline is playing better than it has in years.
            Hyperbole much?

Bolles is playing better, but that's it.

Lock got hurt this year because the line imploded. Risner is worse, Cush has had rookie struggles, Glasgow has underperformed, Wilkinson was a turnstile, and Dotson is poor to mediocre so we will absolutely have to draft a RT next year.

FO Rankings: O-Line run blocking 24th, O-Line Pass protection 25th, 18 sacks.

Lock is responsible for his mistakes, for sure, but most of the offense has struggled too and he has less help than you suppose.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• About 15 of those 18 sacks were jeff. The online is playing well.
              So far:
              FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
              1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

I dont care if it was a little bit behind. If a Wr gets there hands on they catch it. Not try drop it and knock it back up. They tell a story but the whole story. Also we don't have an upgrade for lock. You think Rypien or Driskel are upgrades to lock. They would probably look worst then Lock back there.

I am not saying Lock for sure should be the starting qb next year. I just don't think Driskel or Rypien are starting caliber in this league. I don't think either would give us a better chance to win. Driskel did not recognize blitzes or anything like that. Rypien is really limited physically and can not throw beyond 15-20 yards down field
                I'm giving lock the rest of the year. He doesn't need to be benched he needs all these games to convince me. He desperately needs a game like Houston and a few of them down the stretch to convince me he's worth being the guy next year. I just don't see it getting much better though. None of the backups need to get put in unless lock get injured. This is his time to prove he can be the guy, otherwise I would not look for him to start next season. I'd desperately be looking for a new Qb. This 1 td every two or three games ain't going to cut it. He needs to be the reason we winning some of these games. His seat is hot.

Comment

• Its time to clam up, and support our team and our young QB!!!
                  Let's hope for improvement from our offense and some wins for our team!!!!

Comment

• Lock is the more professional version of Jay Cutler.

Lock has a way better attitude than Jay but I don't see him preforming any better than Jay on the field. I hope he grows but right now his Play is reminiscent of Jay Cutler.
                    sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

• I like Lock. I like his skill set and I like his attitude. His play on the field must improve if he gonna be the guy. I agree with those who believe he needs to play out the season in order to have a fair barometer.

In all fairness, if he finishes out the last 10 games and shows little to no improvement, then maybe looking at other options would be a good idea. On the flip side, there’s still a decent chance that he improves and shows he can be the man.

Still too early to tell IMO. I also don’t think the coaching staff is doing the offense many favors in general. That said, I think we will have a better idea of who Lock is by the end of the season.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post

I can't disagree with that, it's pretty fundamental. But I am willing to give the kid more rope than others since he's new and learning the job, and has previously shown some upside. This season is a wash anyway, so it's a good time to have the growing pains and make the mistakes that will translate into valuable experience and improvement. All part of the growth process.
                        I think the vast majority of Bronco fans are willing to give Lock more time - if we just get something to hang our hats on!
                        The key is always that we need to evaluate all the relevant skills of a QB - what is he physically able to do and what does he actually do on the field. Why does he not make the right plays - is it coaching, football IQ, ability, heart, others not doilng their jobs. Ex. the O-Line play is largely on the QB as well as the O-Line players, because it is his job to call the adjustments.
                        So far the issue with Lock seems to be that he is not learning - much like Cutler and Brock Osweiler, that seemed to have good skills and never really play smarter than they did initially. Lock has some great physical skills and we need to se him put those to use on a consistant basis.

Lock could turn things around fast. Elway played horribly initially and became extremely good by the 2nd season, whereas Cutler looked a lot better initially but never rose above average. Right now Lock lookes like a high quality backup.

Comment

• Whatever Shurmur and the other O coaches are trying to accomplish it's not meshing. They don't score, they don't get 1st downs, they don't convert 3rds, they don't sustain drives. Shurmur calls runs on 98% of first downs, resulting in bottom two 1st down yards and it snowballs from there.

Shurmur's O is as woefully pathetic as any O I've seen in Denver.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Lock could turn things around fast. Elway played horribly initially and became extremely good by the 2nd season, whereas Cutler looked a lot better initially but never rose above average. Right now Lock lookes like a high quality backup.
                            Cutler was much better then average

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post

Hyperbole much?

Bolles is playing better, but that's it.

Lock got hurt this year because the line imploded. Risner is worse, Cush has had rookie struggles, Glasgow has underperformed, Wilkinson was a turnstile, and Dotson is poor to mediocre so we will absolutely have to draft a RT next year.

FO Rankings: O-Line run blocking 24th, O-Line Pass protection 25th, 18 sacks.

Lock is responsible for his mistakes, for sure, but most of the offense has struggled too and he has less help than you suppose.
                              How many out of those sacks was lock sacked. Don't give me no backup qb stats thats pointless and a weak way to try to prove your point. Again I will say the oline is playing better than it has in yearsss. Believe what u want tho.
                              Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

Comment

• Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
                                Lock is the more professional version of Jay Cutler.

Lock has a way better attitude than Jay but I don't see him preforming any better than Jay on the field. I hope he grows but right now his Play is reminiscent of Jay Cutler.
                                At this point in their respective careers Jay was a far better all round player. He's like Cutler in the sense that when he's under pressure or no one is open, he'll try some miraculous play, often an impossible deep ball, resulting in an interception; rather than just throw the ball away.

I sometimes get the impression with Lock that he's like a smart, technical boxer who can win bouts provided he sticks to the game plan; but for some reason can't bring his mind to do so and instead gets involved in wars he can never win. He needs to learn to play within himself where he can be effective.

Comment

Working...
                                X