Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
    I wasn’t comparing the 2 QBs... I’m Just stating that in 2008, we thought we had a young prolific offense that we could watch for 7-10 years. It didn’t even produce a playoff appearance.

the idea our offense is set up for a
    decade, that’s what’s comical.
    I agree...by no means do I feel that way. Most know how I feel about lock. I'm just not gonna state it in very post I make. Wasn't a fan of his coming out of college not much has changed since then. Imo, I. Mizzo he looked great vs weaker teams and struggled bad vs good teams. I feel the same how thag he is in the nfl.
    Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

I agree...by no means do I feel that way. Most know how I feel about lock. I'm just not gonna state it in very post I make. Wasn't a fan of his coming out of college not much has changed since then. Imo, I. Mizzo he looked great vs weaker teams and struggled bad vs good teams. I feel the same how thag he is in the nfl.
      I also get the feelings you really want Justin Fields. And even if Lock plays lights out and looks like a legit franchise qb. You will still want the Broncos to take Fields. Lock was always a bit of a prospect.
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• I just added Lock to one fantasy team, and intend on playing him on Sunday. If he is given the reins to play for 60 minutes the way he has played the latter parts of our 2 recent games, he will be a worthy choice. If he does not do as well, so be it. We as a team have little to lose this season, in my opinion, other than giving players the support they need. In this case a vote of confidence perhaps. Give him the keys and see what he's got. Those two comebacks were amazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

I also get the feelings you really want Justin Fields. And even if Lock plays lights out and looks like a legit franchise qb. You will still want the Broncos to take Fields. Lock was always a bit of a prospect.
          I always have a fav qb I study qbs that come out every year this is nothimg new.

Thats not true at all. If lock lights it up this year I will be the first to Great we have a qb. Now we can move on. Facts.

Was I a Drew lock fan no everyone knows that. I been witching fields play at Harrison high for a while. I been a Broncos fan since 95. Yes I want us to have a franchise qb.

Yes lock is our Qb now, its not going to change how I felt about him. His game play can change it. But what I see so far doesn’t look good. Again insee that same things I saw in college. Maybe he can change it. We will all wait and see.
          Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

Comment

I always have a fav qb I study qbs that come out every year this is nothimg new.

Thats not true at all. If lock lights it up this year I will be the first to Great we have a qb. Now we can move on. Facts.

Was I a Drew lock fan no everyone knows that. I been witching fields play at Harrison high for a while. I been a Broncos fan since 95. Yes I want us to have a franchise qb.

Yes lock is our Qb now, its not going to change how I felt about him. His game play can change it. But what I see so far doesn’t look good. Again insee that same things I saw in college. Maybe he can change it. We will all wait and see.
            You are also complaining about a lot of things that younger qbs do. There is a growing period necessary for young qbs and your just trying to get rid of him. He has improved most games this season

I read an article that Steve Atwater feels there's more issues on the oline then at qb. Not thay lock is perfect but he is still growing and has alot of upside.
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              I just added Lock to one fantasy team, and intend on playing him on Sunday. If he is given the reins to play for 60 minutes the way he has played the latter parts of our 2 recent games, he will be a worthy choice. If he does not do as well, so be it. We as a team have little to lose this season, in my opinion, other than giving players the support they need. In this case a vote of confidence perhaps. Give him the keys and see what he's got. Those two comebacks were amazing!
              Agreed, but he has gotten the keys to the Ferrari, and it is not good enough that he only lost control over it three times going over Berthaud Pass.
              He has this season to prove that he can grow, but there is little patience for the 4th loosing season. We have to make up at least 2 games to get a wild card spot, and that should be the standard we expect. Broncos fire winning coaches and winning QBs if they cannot deliver success.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

You are also complaining about a lot of things that younger qbs do. There is a growing period necessary for young qbs and your just trying to get rid of him. He has improved most games this season

I read an article that Steve Atwater feels there's more issues on the oline then at qb. Not thay lock is perfect but he is still growing and has alot of upside.
                Hey we all like who we like. I again I will say it. I didn't like lock coming out of college, its not gonna change just bc he is a bronco. I didn't like his game. If you feel he has improved thats your opinion just like Atwater has his "opinion" that its the line. You know its funny i can't remember his name a former player for the broncos was on an atl radio talk show saying just the opposite of what Atwater said. Its all an opinion.

some feel how lock plays in the 4th is signs of improvement. I Cleary don't bc we were down so much teams stop blitzing and running prevent def. Which anyone who knows football thats easy to pass against. Not to mention those two Teams were a combine 4-14. Also they both have blown 4 4th quarter leads each this year. So to me no thats not improving. I have NOT been complaining about lock either. Most of the time I have said he deserves to start the rest of this year In fact. The most if have said this year was "he looks just like he did in college to me. There are a hell if a lot of people who are saying way worst than that.

Yes qbs go through growing pains. Thats why you have never heard me say its time to bench him either. But at the same time I feel how I feel and you don't have to agree with it and that's fine.
                Last edited by Ear2dastreets; 11-12-2020, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Hey we all like who we like. I again I will say it. I didn't like lock coming out of college, its not gonna change just bc he is a bronco. I didn't like his game. If you feel he has improved thats your opinion just like Atwater has his "opinion" that its the line. You its funny i can't remember his name a former player for the broncos was on an atl radio talk show saying just the opposite of what Atwater said. Its all an opinion.

some feel how lock plays in the 4th is signs of improvement. I Cleary bc we were down so much teams stop blitzing and running prevent def. Which anyone who knows football thats easy to pass against. Not to mention those two Teams were a combine 4-14. Also they both have blow 4 4th quarter leads each this year. So to me no thats not improving. I have NOT been complaining about lock either. Most of the time I have said he deserves to start the rest of this year In fact. The most if have said this year was "he looks just like he did in college to me. There are a hell if a lot of people who are saying way worst than that.

Yes qbs go through growing pains. Thats why you have never heard me say its time to bench him either. But at the same time I feel how I feel and you don't have to agree with it and that's fine.
                  I respect the way you stick to your opinions I don't always agree but hey this America and you always want what gets Denver wins. Fields is really, really, really good. Now, Rutgers and Nebraska, I am a fan and criticize them when it is justified, are not great tests but Penn State is. Getting Fields, without losing the rest of our games, is going to take some draft picks lost, probably lots of them.

Do you believe with Justin Fields this current offensive scheme is a winning combination?

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Agreed, but he has gotten the keys to the Ferrari, and it is not good enough that he only lost control over it three times going over Berthaud Pass.
                    He has this season to prove that he can grow, but there is little patience for the 4th loosing season. We have to make up at least 2 games to get a wild card spot, and that should be the standard we expect. Broncos fire winning coaches and winning QBs if they cannot deliver success.
                    I am not entirely sure though, that the wild card is crucial, as much as we would all love them to make it that far. I assume that Vegas and the football experts don't see us making it. And from a purely analytical perspective, why should this team be the one to make a surge? I believe they might be able to have a good second half, but other than some players returning, I am not sure we should expect to turn it on. Lock is barely a half season as a starter, and we lost some quality players who may not return. I can see us going 5 and 3, and that would be very good given the circumstances. But that does not get us into the playoffs.

If you look at the schedule, there really is not one easy game ahead, not that "easy" looking games equate to automatic wins. Look at the teams - KC, New Orleans. Buffalo. Two games against Vegas, who are in the more realistic playoff hunt. If McCaffrey is ok to play (after his injury this weekend)...Panthers are no slouch, Miami is looking new and improved, and The Chargers in LA will be a test. So, I don't us as anything more than a 5 and 3 team, at best. I would not be surprised if we end the season around 7 and 9.

Then we build on what we have, and hopefully it includes Lock being a better player next year. Getting Sutton back as just one example, will be nice.
                    Last edited by CanDB; 11-12-2020, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post

I respect the way you stick to your opinions I don't always agree but hey this America and you always want what gets Denver wins. Fields is really, really, really good. Now, Rutgers and Nebraska, I am a fan and criticize them when it is justified, are not great tests but Penn State is. Getting Fields, without losing the rest of our games, is going to take some draft picks lost, probably lots of them.

Do you believe with Justin Fields this current offensive scheme is a winning combination?
                      Yes I do. As I say all the time I'm not just an espn highlight light watch, or just go on what analysis on TV say. I watch games and break down film. Just like when I was getting railroaded when I said baker will be a bust. Now I have had so many people say I called it. Bc I watched his film...

But yes I love how justin fields "sees" the field more than anything. His decision making, running ability. Pocket presence, footwork, durability, leadership. Is he perfect no...at times he holds the ball too longer waiting to make a play, sometimes he drifts a tad to the right to much when throwing. But all in all with our young offense and him I think can be deadly for years to come.

its no secret I love qbs that can run. Not saying they have to run a 4.3 - 40yd dash. I wanted Murray, lj, dak, too. I personally believe that's where the NFL is going. Just wanted us to be ahead of the game. I said this yearsss ago.

Another qb I like is Zach Wilson. From BYU....to me he is a more athletic Baker Maxfield with a stronger arm. Breaking down his tape i really like him. My only knock so far is "like baker" he a tons of time to throw the ball and a lot of the time its bombs to wide open wrs. Which is not his fault but he won't have that amount of time in the NFL. So can he speed up his clock, and still be able to make those throws, be accurate? Idk yet but I do like him a lot me than Trey Lance.

Comment

I am not entirely sure though, that the wild card is crucial, as much as we would all love them to make it that far. I assume that Vegas and the football experts don't see us making it. And from a purely analytical perspective, why should this team be the one to make a surge? I believe they might be able to have a good second half, but other than some players returning, I am not sure we should expect to turn it on. Lock is barely a half season as a starter, and we lost some quality players who may not return. I can see us going 5 and 3, and that would be very good given the circumstances. But that does not get us into the playoffs.

If you look at the schedule, there really is not one easy game ahead, not that "easy" looking games equate to automatic wins. Look at the teams - KC, New Orleans. Buffalo. Two games against Vegas, who are in the more realistic playoff hunt. If McCaffrey is ok to play (after his injury this weekend)...Panthers are no slouch, Miami is looking new and improved, and The Chargers in LA will be a test. So, I don't us as anything more than a 5 and 3 team, at best. I would not be surprised if we end the season around 7 and 9.

Then we build on what we have, and hopefully it includes Lock being a better player next year. Getting Sutton back as just one example, will be nice.
                        I agree, but I don't see us winning 5 more games, it can happen but its going to be a very trough task.

Comment

I agree, but I don't see us winning 5 more games, it can happen but its going to be a very trough task.
                          I said at best, so I concur. I would project a 7 and 9 record.

Comment

I said at best, so I concur. I would project a 7 and 9 record.
                            I think 7-9 is optimistic.

Both the Chargers and Panthers are bad teams like us...we needed a penalty and last play of the game to beat the Chargers last time. Likely we probably split those two games.

It is the NFL ... so I suppose we can always make an argument for any team to win any given weak. We had a huge amount of injuries and even now half way through 2020 I think it is safe to say our offense took a step backwards from where it was at the end of 2019. Once we consider the split between the Chargers and Panthers the rest of the teams on our schedule will probably be playoff teams. A combined 36-14 We have done pretty bad against playoff level teams so far this year.

I think 4-12 is realistic....any amount of wins higher should be considered an improvement over where we are now.

Looks like our reward for finishing 4-1 and getting 2nd place in the division was having on heck of a tough schedule....too bad we were not up for the challenge.
                            Last edited by Hadez; 11-12-2020, 01:29 PM.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I think 7-9 is optimistic.

Both the Chargers and Panthers are bad teams like us...we needed a penalty and last play of the game to beat the Chargers last time. Likely we probably split those two games.

It is the NFL ... so I suppose we can always make an argument for any team to win any given weak. We had a huge amount of injuries and even now half way through 2020 I think it is safe to say our offense took a step backwards from where it was at the end of 2019. Once we consider the split between the Chargers and Panthers the rest of the teams on our schedule will probably be playoff teams. A combined 36-14 We have done pretty bad against playoff level teams so far this year.

I think 4-12 is realistic....any amount of wins higher should be considered an improvement over where we are now.

Looks like our reward for finishing 4-1 and getting 2nd place in the division was having on heck of a tough schedule....too bad we were not up for the challenge.
                              I don't think 4 and 12 is realistic. If it is, there will seriously be a need for changes.

Comment

• Calvin Anderson may be starting at RT this week, per Fangio. Although Anderson is technically the backup LT, this would make him essentially the RT5 blocking for Lock. Just something to keep in mind as we head into the weekend for another chance to evaluate our QB. I personally like Anderson and by all reports had a decent camp, but we’ll see how he fares if he makes his starting debut against LV.
                                2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                                Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Working...
                                X