Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Yes I do. As I say all the time I'm not just an espn highlight light watch, or just go on what analysis on TV say. I watch games and break down film. Just like when I was getting railroaded when I said baker will be a bust. Now I have had so many people say I called it. Bc I watched his film...

But yes I love how justin fields "sees" the field more than anything. His decision making, running ability. Pocket presence, footwork, durability, leadership. Is he perfect no...at times he holds the ball too longer waiting to make a play, sometimes he drifts a tad to the right to much when throwing. But all in all with our young offense and him I think can be deadly for years to come.

its no secret I love qbs that can run. Not saying they have to run a 4.3 - 40yd dash. I wanted Murray, lj, dak, too. I personally believe that's where the NFL is going. Just wanted us to be ahead of the game. I said this yearsss ago.

Another qb I like is Zach Wilson. From BYU....to me he is a more athletic Baker Maxfield with a stronger arm. Breaking down his tape i really like him. My only knock so far is "like baker" he a tons of time to throw the ball and a lot of the time its bombs to wide open wrs. Which is not his fault but he won't have that amount of time in the NFL. So can he speed up his clock, and still be able to make those throws, be accurate? Idk yet but I do like him a lot me than Trey Lance.
    i think part of it. is i really like this OT class. it seems really strong to me. it starts with Penei Sewell which i think may be the best O-line Prospect sense Tunsil. honestly i would have him rated higher then Tunsil. he is the highest rated OT i can remember grading. i think he is a Plug and Play LT with All-pro in his future for sure. but you look down the OT class Sameul Cosmi, Alex Leatherwood, Jalen Mayfield, Walker Little, Jackson Carman, Dillon Radunz, and Christian Darrisaw all could end up going in the first round. all look like they could potentially plug in and play on one of the OT spots, so i really like the idea of double dipping at OT. get a replacement for Bolles and a back up for James.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Agreed, but he has gotten the keys to the Ferrari, and it is not good enough that he only lost control over it three times going over Berthaud Pass.
      He has this season to prove that he can grow, but there is little patience for the 4th loosing season. We have to make up at least 2 games to get a wild card spot, and that should be the standard we expect. Broncos fire winning coaches and winning QBs if they cannot deliver success.
      Given the keys to the ferrari , that has two flats, a broken steering linkage, and missing on several cylinders
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post

Given the keys to the ferrari , that has two flats, a broken steering linkage, and missing on several cylinders
        Lol I guess its no longer a Ferrari. Good one lol.
        Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Lol I guess its no longer a Ferrari. Good one lol.
          You put 2013 Peyton Manning in at QB and this would still be a 12 win team. Lock still has not played a lot of games, but he is now where we ought to see him correcting mistakes from week to week, and grow into the role he has been given.

If the O-line is out of place, it is Lock's job to adjust.

Comment

• Drew Lock, thru 8 games, has thrown 0 TD passes in the 2nd and 3rd quarters this season. Yikes!

Comment

So true! The only Denver QB who was ever given a functional "Ferrari" offense (and promptly drove it into a pole) was Griese in '99.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

You put 2013 Peyton Manning in at QB and this would still be a 12 win team. Lock still has not played a lot of games, but he is now where we ought to see him correcting mistakes from week to week, and grow into the role he has been given.

If the O-line is out of place, it is Lock's job to adjust.
                2013 Manning can’t be the bar for a rookie QB. Lock has to learn how to read defenses to compensate for his oline. That doesn’t come in 10 games. He’s playing on instinct and natural talent right now, the mental aspect is a work in progress and Shurmur has to do a better job of scheming guys open vs asking Loco to read and react. He just isn’t there yet and he doesn’t have the athleticism (or mindset) needed to mitigate that learning curve.

Lock is kind of following a similar path to Alex Smith in San Francisco minus the serious injuries. Going back to college Lock has had 5 different offensive coordinators, that’s 5 new systems with different terminologies, 5 different coaches with different coaching techniques/methodologies all in 6 seasons. Alex Smith eventually turned it around and had the 49ers, Chiefs, and even Washington prior to his injury as playoff contenders. Now Lock has a much higher ceiling than Smith but a revolving door of coaches will stunt his development.

As much as I dislike how Shurmur is calling the offense, it’d probably be more beneficial to keep Lock in the same scheme and actually let him attempt to own the scheme rather than just run the plays being called. So I’m in favor of Lock not only getting the rest of this season (barring some Tebow esque passing performances) but next season as well. That would give him 34 games with 29 being in the same system, and 30 is the arbitrary number of games I like to see to determine if a QB is the guy or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                  Drew Lock, thru 8 games, has thrown 0 TD passes in the 2nd and 3rd quarters this season. Yikes!
                  Don't say that out loud, the lock is improving squad gonna getcha. Or the squad that's " he had no off season" crew...or the "I don't care who you put behind that line
                  They will get killed." Bunch.

But those are pretty bad stats.
                  Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

Comment

• My .02 on the offense is some of the worst case scenarios have come true. Between opt-out and injuries, we once again have a line that can't consistently run block or protect. Add on Sutton being out and other injuries, and there's very little consistency. My fear going into this season with the OT position being what it was is the offense would be in a lot of long yardage situations, and Lock would fall back on bad habits. That seems to have happened, and it remains to be seen if the outcome is David Carr. It could be. However, Lock has shown capability at times and competitive drive. Let's see how the rest of the year plays out, but right now I'd lean toward focusing on Oline and defense this offseason and see if Lock can right the ship with better personnel.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

2013 Manning can’t be the bar for a rookie QB. Lock has to learn how to read defenses to compensate for his oline. That doesn’t come in 10 games. He’s playing on instinct and natural talent right now, the mental aspect is a work in progress and Shurmur has to do a better job of scheming guys open vs asking Loco to read and react. He just isn’t there yet and he doesn’t have the athleticism (or mindset) needed to mitigate that learning curve.

Lock is kind of following a similar path to Alex Smith in San Francisco minus the serious injuries. Going back to college Lock has had 5 different offensive coordinators, that’s 5 new systems with different terminologies, 5 different coaches with different coaching techniques/methodologies all in 6 seasons. Alex Smith eventually turned it around and had the 49ers, Chiefs, and even Washington prior to his injury as playoff contenders. Now Lock has a much higher ceiling than Smith but a revolving door of coaches will stunt his development.

As much as I dislike how Shurmur is calling the offense, it’d probably be more beneficial to keep Lock in the same scheme and actually let him attempt to own the scheme rather than just run the plays being called. So I’m in favor of Lock not only getting the rest of this season (barring some Tebow esque passing performances) but next season as well. That would give him 34 games with 29 being in the same system, and 30 is the arbitrary number of games I like to see to determine if a QB is the guy or not.
                      No, Manning should not be the benchmark neither for his 2nd year predecessor nor for Lock. On the other hand constantly blaming O-line, coaching, receivers.... and making excuses for the lack of growth is not proper. Lock at this point should both exite us, frustrate us and make us laugh off stupid mistakes, but those do not include playing reckless and dumb. Now that we are talking Tebow esque passing performances - then it is only right to point out that Tebow to Thomas was the leading QB to WR combination (yards) in December and January, and that the Tebow esque passing performance in 2011 included extreme ball security (lowest int. percentage in NFL ) until the Bills game where he had 20 bad minutes. Tebow esque passing performances also included leading the NFL in yards per completion, insanely high rate of scoring to touches, while the team also produced the 2nd highest rushing total over an 8 week stretch in the prior 20 years.

Tebow and Lock were/are in similar situations and Lock is coming up really short by comparison. They both took over a bottom feeder team, Tebow changed everyone and Lock changed OC. Both had massively shortened off seasons... The huge difference is that in spite of Tebow's ugly short passing game and long wind-up, he led the team to a significant turnaround, while setting a ton of NFL and Broncos records. Tebow by comparison could be critized most for a lot of 3 and outs but aside for an attempt to come back in the Bills game he didn't make many plays that put the team in a bad situation and was carefull to a fault. Lock is careless with the ball and while you see some nice stuff, the efficiency, execution and control is missing.

Claiming that Lock - a mid 2nd round pick - has a higher cieling than Alex Smith - the #1 overall draftee is just laughable. Alex Smith was a smart and extremely efficient QB producing one of the highest winning rates since coming to KC.

Lock needs the rest of the season to put it together, but he needs to be better than Trevor Siemian was and that is not evident.

Comment

No, Manning should not be the benchmark neither for his 2nd year predecessor nor for Lock. On the other hand constantly blaming O-line, coaching, receivers.... and making excuses for the lack of growth is not proper. Lock at this point should both exite us, frustrate us and make us laugh off stupid mistakes, but those do not include playing reckless and dumb. Now that we are talking Tebow esque passing performances - then it is only right to point out that Tebow to Thomas was the leading QB to WR combination (yards) in December and January, and that the Tebow esque passing performance in 2011 included extreme ball security (lowest int. percentage in NFL ) until the Bills game where he had 20 bad minutes. Tebow esque passing performances also included leading the NFL in yards per completion, insanely high rate of scoring to touches, while the team also produced the 2nd highest rushing total over an 8 week stretch in the prior 20 years.

Tebow and Lock were/are in similar situations and Lock is coming up really short by comparison. They both took over a bottom feeder team, Tebow changed everyone and Lock changed OC. Both had massively shortened off seasons... The huge difference is that in spite of Tebow's ugly short passing game and long wind-up, he led the team to a significant turnaround, while setting a ton of NFL and Broncos records. Tebow by comparison could be critized most for a lot of 3 and outs but aside for an attempt to come back in the Bills game he didn't make many plays that put the team in a bad situation and was carefull to a fault. Lock is careless with the ball and while you see some nice stuff, the efficiency, execution and control is missing.

Claiming that Lock - a mid 2nd round pick - has a higher cieling than Alex Smith - the #1 overall draftee is just laughable. Alex Smith was a smart and extremely efficient QB producing one of the highest winning rates since coming to KC.

Lock needs the rest of the season to put it together, but he needs to be better than Trevor Siemian was and that is not evident.
                        Tebow was not in a similar situation, defenses played Tebow like he was a RB, no other QB in the league will ever see a defense play them like that. If Orton saw those same defenses that year he would’ve been MVP.

Lock has absolutely has a higher ceiling than Smith, whether he reaches it or not is a completely different question.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Tebow was not in a similar situation, defenses played Tebow like he was a RB, no other QB in the league will ever see a defense play them like that. If Orton saw those same defenses that year he would’ve been MVP.

Lock has absolutely has a higher ceiling than Smith, whether he reaches it or not is a completely different question.
                          I want to jump in and ask a question, what makes lock have a higher ceiling than Alex. Other than a stronger arm what is lock better than Smith in? Just curious. As far as when the came outta college. I would imagine if lock ceiling was that high he would have gone in the 1st rd no?

Comment

I didn't remember Alex Smith being worth a crap in SF, so I checked.

Lock through 11 starts has 13 touchdowns and 9 interceptions. He's 6-5. Smith through 11 starts had 4 touchdowns, 13 interceptions, and was 3-8. lol. I get what you're saying though. Smith supposedly had the "pedigree" of being a 1st overall pick coming out. Let's be honest though, he was just another guy until he got hooked up with that Kansas City offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

I didn't remember Alex Smith being worth a crap in SF, so I checked.

Lock through 11 starts has 13 touchdowns and 9 interceptions. He's 6-5. Smith through 11 starts had 4 touchdowns, 13 interceptions, and was 3-8. lol. I get what you're saying though. Smith supposedly had the "pedigree" of being a 1st overall pick coming out. Let's be honest though, he was just another guy until he got hooked up with that Kansas City offense.
                              Why do most keep comparing qbs to qbs of old. Smith played different teams and different type of nfl. 2020 nfl is geared towards high passing yards and td. Stop going way back in the day trying to compare it was different rules and the game has changed.

Also stop with this stuff of saying such in such needs more time. High 1st picks are awarded that time. Not every qb is gonna get awarded time.. nfl is what have you done for me lately.....I feel what happened to Haskins in Washington was unfair. He too had different OC and new head coach. Lets be honest he has NOTHING on offense to throw the ball to. He was thrown 1st game with no practice with the ones. He was not only bench with least than what 10 games played i think. To not even active. So it happens not all qbs will get that time. You turn over leafs until you find thag one or he is showing promise. Rosen was showed the door after one year. You think the cardinals care about letting him go now that they have KMurda "another qb i said that would shine...ijs"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Why do most keep comparing qbs to qbs of old. Smith played different teams and different type of nfl. 2020 nfl is geared towards high passing yards and td. Stop going way back in the day trying to compare it was different rules and the game has changed.

Also stop with this stuff of saying such in such needs more time. High 1st picks are awarded that time. Not every qb is gonna get awarded time.. nfl is what have you done for me lately.....I feel what happened to Haskins in Washington was unfair. He too had different OC and new head coach. Lets be honest he has NOTHING on offense to throw the ball to. He was thrown 1st game with no practice with the ones. He was not only bench with least than what 10 games played i think. To not even active. So it happens not all qbs will get that time. You turn over leafs until you find thag one or he is showing promise. Rosen was showed the door after one year. You think the cardinals care about letting him go now that they have KMurda "another qb i said that would shine...ijs"
                                You can compare him to Josh Allen then. Through his first 11 games, he was at 52% 2074 yards 10 TDs and 12 INTs and was 5-6 compared to 59.9% for Lock, 2260 yards, 13 TDs and 9 INTs and is 6-5.

Comment

Working...
                                X