Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    When Lock gets good protection, and can set his feet he throws a nice ball !
    There are a few things I like about him.
    I am still hopeful for the kid.
    He still has a chance but it frustrates me that he can't snap out of some bad habits, such as throwing off the back foot when he doesn't have the arm strength or balance to do so accurately; esaping the pocket rather than stepping un into it; and that underneath throw to the right sideline that always gets intercepted.

If he just gives himself a chance and plays a solid, clean game he has enough talent and intangibles to win many games..

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
      Ok now you starting to lose me. The patriots run game is cam. He is the second leading rusher on the team with 8 td. Probably would be the first if he didn't miss a game. They DON'T have a run game am ima stand by that bc its true. 350 by Harris and like like 250 by rex and 300 by cam. You take cam out of the pic for rushing and what you got. If you really thin they have a run game we need to stop talking like seriously.

No cam has not looked great. But let me ask you this do you "watch" most or all of ale patriots games or just espn. Im thinking the latter bc if you truly watch he holds onto the ball waiting for them to get open. Some of his throws are off true but thats ALL qbs at some point in the game. Who does cam have to throw tell me. Julian been out. So who. Im not gonna judge that man not having any weapons.

That's like you fighting someone with a sword, stun gun, are, and all you have is a water gun.. then when you get your butt kicked... people tell you that you can't fight.

Cam is Not perfect and has not looked good after week 3. But with him playing Probably his worst season we have the exact same record now go figure.
      Even if you take Newton out, they are around top ten in rushing for teams. saying they don't have a run game is just an incorrect statement. they have one of the better o-lines in the nfl and they have a good run game. there passing game especially WR and TE are very lacking but they do a good run game. The main problem with that offense right now. is they are to reliant on the running game. if i am playing the pats i am selling to stop run and dare newton to pass.

Either way i still am not sold on moving on from lock. i think he has alot of Upside and he has the talent to be a very good QB in the nfl. i feel he was a bit under drafted compared to his talent level. i also think he can be a really good QB in the right offense and developed right, i think it is best to be patient with lock and let him grow. maybe try to get an o-line thats actualy good
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

When Lock gets good protection, and can set his feet he throws a nice ball !
        There are a few things I like about him.
        I am still hopeful for the kid.
        But you know what you can say that for 31 other qbs in the league. If they had time, if this and that. The great ones cover up the line and make plays. We don't have the best line but we darn for sure don't have the wosrt.
        Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

Even if you take Newton out, they are around top ten in rushing for teams. saying they don't have a run game is just an incorrect statement. they have one of the better o-lines in the nfl and they have a good run game. there passing game especially WR and TE are very lacking but they do a good run game. The main problem with that offense right now. is they are to reliant on the running game. if i am playing the pats i am selling to stop run and dare newton to pass.

Either way i still am not sold on moving on from lock. i think he has alot of Upside and he has the talent to be a very good QB in the nfl. i feel he was a bit under drafted compared to his talent level. i also think he can be a really good QB in the right offense and developed right, i think it is best to be patient with lock and let him grow. maybe try to get an o-line thats actualy good
          Wow, ok i don't care about team stats....bc they add everyone who runs the ball wrs, other qbs, t.e. we have different views on a Ruben game and thats cool. The patriots leading rusher is rank 28th in the league. But it is what it is.

I'm glad you feel that way about lock. More power to ya.
          Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

Comment

Wow, ok i don't care about team stats....bc they add everyone who runs the ball wrs, other qbs, t.e. we have different views on a Ruben game and thats cool. The patriots leading rusher is rank 28th in the league. But it is what it is.

I'm glad you feel that way about lock. More power to ya.
            I don't think the patriots have not done running back by committee sense Dillion was there. Team stats shows more about there ability to run. Harris is averaging 5.6 yards per carry. Newton is averaging 4.6 a carry. Burkehead is averaging 4.1 a carry. And Michal is averaging 6.7 a carry. Those are great numbers. Harris has 63 carry. Henry has 200 cook has 144 jacobs has 161 edwards-helaire has 121. About every one on the list has more carries. If Harris kept his average and had as many carries has like cook he is over 800 yards running. It is not a fair statement to say oh there top running back is 28th in yards so there running attack sucks. The system don't indicate that to me. It is more they let alot of rbs touch the ball. And he has around half of the carries as any one in the top 5. Either way, I am done let's get back on topic of Drew Lock and stop debating about the pats o
            Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 11-14-2020, 03:36 PM.
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm

Comment

• I'm disappointed in the way Lock has played this year. I'm just trying to find the bright spots in a dismal season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

I don't think the patriots have not done running back by committee sense Dillion was there. Team stats shows more about there ability to run. Harris is averaging 5.6 yards per carry. Newton is averaging 4.6 a carry. Burkehead is averaging 4.1 a carry. And Michal is averaging 6.7 a carry. Those are great numbers. Harris has 63 carry. Henry has 200 cook has 144 jacobs has 161 edwards-helaire has 121. About every one on the list has more carries. If Harris kept his average and had as many carries has like cook he is over 800 yards running. It is not a fair statement to say oh there top running back is 28th in yards so there running attack sucks. The system don't indicate that to me. It is more they let alot of rbs touch the ball. And he has around half of the carries as any one in the top 5. Either way, I am done let's get back on topic of Drew Lock and stop debating about the pats o
                If take cams rushing and the wrs rushing on reverses they would be in the middle of the pack. But ok moving. Im done.

Want to see how lock does tomorrow.

Comment

• If Lock shows a little improvement each week, I think we stick with him until we get a better QB In the draft, or if someone gets rid of a young QB, that can compete with Lock to be our starter​​​​​​. Like the Jets or some other team?

Comment

If Lock shows a little improvement each week, I think we stick with him until we get a better QB In the draft, or if someone gets rid of a young QB, that can compete with Lock to be our starter​​​​​​. Like the Jets or some other team?

Don't want Darnold

Comment

If Lock shows a little improvement each week, I think we stick with him until we get a better QB In the draft, or if someone gets rid of a young QB, that can compete with Lock to be our starter​​​​​​. Like the Jets or some other team?

if we move on from lock i would like to draft a QB. i am just not sure outside of Lawrence and Fields there is an upgrade for our team. and i feel those guys go 1 and 2, so i am probably keep a hold of lock
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm

Comment

Don't want Darnold
                        Then you better get your Broncos #3 Jersey!!!!

Comment

Then you better get your Broncos #3 Jersey!!!!
                          No thank you. I will leave that to yall who still believe!

Comment

• Thanks for the memories, Drew. You’ll officially be just the back-up come Jan 4. I’ve seen enough, and you ain’t it. Wow, he actually makes me long for Brock or Trevor. But, hey, at least you weren’t as bad as Paxton Lynch.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I don't think 4 and 12 is realistic. If it is, there will seriously be a need for changes.
                              With Lock throwing the ball like he did today you still think it is not realistic?

Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• how are we going to find a quarterback? After last season there was finally a reason to be hopeful. Not in a position to draft one and I really dont want another FA QB. Since elway retired the QB position has been so dissapointing aside from some FA pickups.

Comment

Working...
                                X