No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just like it takes a couple of years sometimes to develop young players, I suppose Drew Lock should be afforded that opportunity in Denver.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peerless View Post
      I have said before - both are very similar. I would still give the nod to Culter for a better quarterback.

Both have strong arms - I don't really care who's is stronger (I'd still probably give it to Cutler). Both also weren't that accurate, but just form seeing Lock in his young career - I'd still take Cutler over him in that department. Lock seems to make the easy throws difficult for his receivers. He also does a poor job of setting them up to get crushed.

Cutler was cocky (in a way as is Lock). But we all knew Cutler didn't care about being taught or being coached. He would try and shim that ball into the tightest places where an alternative/safer receiver would have bee the better option.

Lock seems like he's less cocky - but he has the swaggggg. Hopefully he'll be able to take the coaching/teachings and improve his awful footwork, reads, decision making, etc.
      I don't understand how a QB with all those deficiencies in core fundamentals gets picked in the 2nd Round of the Draft.

Comment

• As soon as he got hurt that vibrant confidence went away. The Raiders could sense he wasn’t himself too.

They started smoking him soon after.

probably why you want to be calm
        -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post

I don't understand how a QB with all those deficiencies in core fundamentals gets picked in the 2nd Round of the Draft.
          Really?

You could say the same thing about Paxton Lynch (who was/is still even more raw than the likes of Lock) who we traded UP to get in the first round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peerless View Post
            I have said before - both are very similar. I would still give the nod to Culter for a better quarterback.

Both have strong arms - I don't really care who's is stronger (I'd still probably give it to Cutler). Both also weren't that accurate, but just form seeing Lock in his young career - I'd still take Cutler over him in that department. Lock seems to make the easy throws difficult for his receivers. He also does a poor job of setting them up to get crushed.

Cutler was cocky (in a way as is Lock). But we all knew Cutler didn't care about being taught or being coached. He would try and shim that ball into the tightest places where an alternative/safer receiver would have bee the better option.

Lock seems like he's less cocky - but he has the swaggggg. Hopefully he'll be able to take the coaching/teachings and improve his awful footwork, reads, decision making, etc.
            I’d give the nod to Cutler too. At least Cutler had moments that justified his arrogance. I’ve not seen much from Lock
            -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
              ...Tebow...

As we have reached this board's version of Godwin's Law there is no reason to continue this discussion.
              Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• I also don't trust Elway to pick out our NExt QB. which if he stays may be one of the reasons i want to see lock kept around.
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Unless we finish at the bottom (or next to it), or unless we can somehow acquire a quality, pro QB, I don't like the thought of another few years of "looking". Heck, if John saw Flacco's recent start with The Jets, we might pursue him again!!!

Comment

• Drew Lock does not fit with this staff. Lock has talent and skill but Pat Schurmur is running plays as if he has the Kansas City Chiefs personnel.

They’re not the Kansas City chiefs but they’re running this team as if they are. They’d be better served to run the Oakland Raiders offensive scheme, the Broncos offensive talent fits that offense more.

last season Scangarello tapered his offense to the guys he had on the field, the Flacco offense was different from the Brandon Allen offense, and the Brandon Allen offense was different from the Drew lock offense.

Maybe Drew lock is the guy maybe he isn’t but whoever is running this office cannot be stubborn they need to taper it to the guy playing quarterback.
                    Wether you liked Scangarello or hated him, he was a much more sensible coach than Schurmur and John Elway should’ve saw the valuable traits in him.
                    Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-17-2020, 05:36 AM.

Comment

• I have thrown plenty of Shade on Drew Lock yesterday. There are plays where you say man we haven't had a guy that threw a pass that good since Manning. There are also times when he just has to know that isn't a good decision in pro football. You can throw some guys open but not into triple coverage when you are down by a field goal.

Sorry I have beat this thing to death. I will be a fan Lock or new QB next year, whatever the decision I hope the playoffs come sooner than later.

Comment

• Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
                        I have thrown plenty of Shade on Drew Lock yesterday. There are plays where you say man we haven't had a guy that threw a pass that good since Manning. There are also times when he just has to know that isn't a good decision in pro football. You can throw some guys open but not into triple coverage when you are down by a field goal.

Sorry I have beat this thing to death. I will be a fan Lock or new QB next year, whatever the decision I hope the playoffs come sooner than later.
                        Drew Lock isn’t Pat Mahomes but Schurmur is acting as if he is. I don’t have a lot of faith in Drew at this point but to be fair, Drew needs a coordinator who is going to cater to his strengths, a coordinator that will taper his offense to fit Drew Locks capabilities and why not if he’s your franchise QB!
                        Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-17-2020, 07:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

Drew Lock isn’t Pat Mahomes but Schurmur is acting as if he is. I don’t have a lot of faith in Drew at this point but to be fair, Drew needs a coordinator who is going to cater to his strengths, a coordinator that will taper his offense to fit Drew Locks capabilities and why not if he’s your franchise QB!
                          That is all well and good to say, it sounds good and it sounds right, but what are his strengths on the NFL gridiron ? At Missouri he relied on the deep ball and played in an offense with a tonne of quick screens, there was not much in between really, and his tape was pretty bipolar with a heap of ugly. I don't know what his strengths are at this point though, and I thought the addition of all these young weapons was meant to be doing exactly what you are saying, catering to the young quarterback and getting him all the help we can.

I said all off-season that fan expectations were unrealistic and people were going to be disappointed, and here we are. People have only set themselves up for this with all of the crazy talk about how explosive we were going to be because Elway grabbed a couple of fast guys, we beat some bad teams down the stretch last year, and Lock in reality had 3 good quarters of play in 5 games. Lock is not done as an NFL quarterback, but he shouldn't be the last to blame because of his bad play, because he is playing some dumb football.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post

That is all well and good to say, it sounds good and it sounds right, but what are his strengths on the NFL gridiron ? At Missouri he relied on the deep ball and played in an offense with a tonne of quick screens, there was not much in between really, and his tape was pretty bipolar with a heap of ugly. I don't know what his strengths are at this point though, and I thought the addition of all these young weapons was meant to be doing exactly what you are saying, catering to the young quarterback and getting him all the help we can.

I said all off-season that fan expectations were unrealistic and people were going to be disappointed, and here we are. People have only set themselves up for this with all of the crazy talk about how explosive we were going to be because Elway grabbed a couple of fast guys, we beat some bad teams down the stretch last year, and Lock in reality had 3 good quarters of play in 5 games. Lock is not done as an NFL quarterback, but he shouldn't be the last to blame because of his bad play, because he is playing some dumb football.
                            I couldn't agree more. People and some analysts were saying "we found our qb" blah blah blah...I seen some "we will go 10-6, 11-5" blah blah blah....I just set back and laughed saying to myself "they don't know the qb position and gonna be sad next year." We could easily be a 1 win team....hell even a winless team if not for the roughing the passer on the jets....this team is bad. So is lock.
                            Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

Comment

• I think if he levels out his play a little bit this year, he will be our quarterback next year also? Unless something else comes up, and we can upgrade the QB position somehow.
                              We will see how it all plays out.

Comment

• We are behind every team in our division when it comes to a QB. We have been for years. It really doesn't look like that is changing anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X