Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

I too hope he sits out this week. Let him watch his back up orchestrate the line once again, like he did last time, and beat the phins......while he gets healthy and let him have at it the rest of the way....
    Yes sit him, bc if he plays and plays badly I can hear the millions excuses coming now.

He was hurt, he never should have played in the first place, he didn't have von Miller or Sutton, somebody stepped in his toe, a DT touched his jersey, the Miami player called him a name when he came out the huddle therefore that made him throw the ball into triple coverage while his wr was walking off the field.
    In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Yes sit him, bc if he plays and plays badly I can hear the millions excuses coming now.

He was hurt, he never should have played in the first place, he didn't have von Miller or Sutton, somebody stepped in his toe, a DT touched his jersey, the Miami player called him a name when he came out the huddle therefore that made him throw the ball into triple coverage while his wr was walking off the field.
      I'm sure you've posted your thoughts already.....I just don't follow all threads. Tell me your plan moving forward for QB. I think you favor Justin Fields ? I wouldn't be against it, but we would need to give up three 1sts......this year next year and probably the following year's first. That is just too much for my liking. What say you

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

I'm sure you've posted your thoughts already.....I just don't follow all threads. Tell me your plan moving forward for QB. I think you favor Justin Fields ? I wouldn't be against it, but we would need to give up three 1sts......this year next year and probably the following year's first. That is just too much for my liking. What say you
        Yes I a fan of Justin Fields, with the young talent we have he would be great. I have said this many time. Idc about draft picks...how many picks have Elway had over years...and with allllllllll those picks what have we gotten. Im strong for whatever it takes to get him...as yourself what have we got to lose?? What another 5 years of losing...hell we are heading that way without him anyway. Most people know i wasn't a fan of lock in college nor in the nfl...he is just proving what I said and felt to be true. He has a strong arm, swag, and no accuracy nor can he see the field. We can package players and picks so we won't have to give up too much draft capital and if von Miller is apart of that trade than so be it.

Comment

• If Drew can't play tomorrow, the game will be between 2 of the league's remaining undefeated QB's.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post
            If Drew can't play tomorrow, the game will be between 2 of the league's remaining undefeated QB's.
            Never thought of it that way before...

Comment

• Lock is not having a good season. That much is obvious.

I really don’t think a new, shiny QB is going to solve all the problems. Don’t get me wrong, I think considering new QB prospects should be part of the plan.

My problem is that even if we get a better QB, we’re still stuck with the same FO and coaching staff. It’s obvious they want to find players that suit a system rather than coaching to the players they have.

Let’s take Lamar Jackson for an example. A big part of why he had early success is because the coaching staff catered the system to his strengths. I am pretty sure our coaching staff and FO would have hid him on the bench because he “isn’t ready to run the system”. I’m pretty sure Jackson would look a lot different attempting to run Shurmur’s offense and fans would be calling for Jackson’s head.

Lock is raw. He’s not playing well. He’s looking more and more like a potential bust. It is glaringly obvious he’s choking on this system and the coaching staff keeps letting him choke on it and we all blame Lock for the offensive woes.

I simply don’t trust this staff to put any QB in the right situation. I don’t think Shurmur’s offense is suited for a young, inexperienced QB. Shurmur has made it clear that he expects players to adapt to his system rather than adapting his system to his players. The offensive line can’t hold up to a vertical passing attack. He refuses to shorten the game. He utilizes our RBs in head scratching ways.

Sure, some miracle unicorn QB could make things better if we had a decent FO or coaching staff.

we have this perfect storm of young, inexperienced players coupled with a stubborn and questionable coaching staff and FO.

We have a long way to go. Replacing the QB won’t be enough.
              sigpic

Comment

Hmm, Lock has stunk it up with his play, no question, but why make it personal? Why not focus on his play rather than ad hominem? I for one would love to see his play execution match his willingness to stand in the pocket and take a hit if that is what making a play takes.

A broken QB is no good to his team. Lock needs to play smarter if he wants to succeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                  Lock is not having a good season. That much is obvious.

I really don’t think a new, shiny QB is going to solve all the problems. Don’t get me wrong, I think considering new QB prospects should be part of the plan.

My problem is that even if we get a better QB, we’re still stuck with the same FO and coaching staff. It’s obvious they want to find players that suit a system rather than coaching to the players they have.

Let’s take Lamar Jackson for an example. A big part of why he had early success is because the coaching staff catered the system to his strengths. I am pretty sure our coaching staff and FO would have hid him on the bench because he “isn’t ready to run the system”. I’m pretty sure Jackson would look a lot different attempting to run Shurmur’s offense and fans would be calling for Jackson’s head.

Lock is raw. He’s not playing well. He’s looking more and more like a potential bust. It is glaringly obvious he’s choking on this system and the coaching staff keeps letting him choke on it and we all blame Lock for the offensive woes.

I simply don’t trust this staff to put any QB in the right situation. I don’t think Shurmur’s offense is suited for a young, inexperienced QB. Shurmur has made it clear that he expects players to adapt to his system rather than adapting his system to his players. The offensive line can’t hold up to a vertical passing attack. He refuses to shorten the game. He utilizes our RBs in head scratching ways.

Sure, some miracle unicorn QB could make things better if we had a decent FO or coaching staff.

we have this perfect storm of young, inexperienced players coupled with a stubborn and questionable coaching staff and FO.

While I agree with your points about adapting our play to the strenghts/weaknesses of our QB, is something that has been sorely missing during Elway's tenure. Aside from the Kubiak years it wasn't done systematically,, or with the focus on developing our QB. Fox adopted partially to Tebow, but not to the extent that Ravens have adapted to LamarJ where they let him play a lot more, get into rythm and take more risk earlier in games.

I don't agree that it is obvious that blame for Lock's woes should be aimed that intensively at Shurmur, as the failures of Lock is not that receivers are not getting open, but that the ball seems to get away from him 1/3 of the times and sail 2-3 feet too high. He has a lot of time from the o-line and misuses it.

Shurmur needs to sit Lock down and make him understand which plays are smart to make and which given his accuracy problems are not worth attempting.

Right now it sounds like the excuses made for Cutler that had every head coach and every OC he played for fired. No need to blame others for Lock making bad plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post

Hmm, Lock has stunk it up with his play, no question, but why make it personal? Why not focus on his play rather than ad hominem? I for one would love to see his play execution match his willingness to stand in the pocket and take a hit if that is what making a play takes.

A broken QB is no good to his team. Lock needs to play smarter if he wants to succeed.
                    I'm not making it personal towards him. I says all types of excuses we will hear if he plays bad. I see some but they way people defend him is crazy. People need to get over injures, covid and all. It happens every year "injures" and covid "this year" . Complaining about will not bring them back. In fact it would look even better it he showed how good he can do without them and we could only imagine how good he will be with them.

Comment

• I have a pretty good track record when it comes to qbs on this board. Ijs.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

While I agree with your points about adapting our play to the strenghts/weaknesses of our QB, is something that has been sorely missing during Elway's tenure. Aside from the Kubiak years it wasn't done systematically,, or with the focus on developing our QB. Fox adopted partially to Tebow, but not to the extent that Ravens have adapted to LamarJ where they let him play a lot more, get into rythm and take more risk earlier in games.

I don't agree that it is obvious that blame for Lock's woes should be aimed that intensively at Shurmur, as the failures of Lock is not that receivers are not getting open, but that the ball seems to get away from him 1/3 of the times and sail 2-3 feet too high. He has a lot of time from the o-line and misuses it.

Shurmur needs to sit Lock down and make him understand which plays are smart to make and which given his accuracy problems are not worth attempting.

Right now it sounds like the excuses made for Cutler that had every head coach and every OC he played for fired. No need to blame others for Lock making bad plays.
                        I certainly don’t blame all of Lock’s problems on Shurmur. In fact, I stated quite clearly that Lock is looking more like a bust and we should be looking at other QB prospects.

My entire point is that I really don’t trust this FO and coaching staff to develop any QB and a QB switch won’t be enough to launch this franchise into the playoffs instantly.
                        sigpic

Comment

Lock is not having a good season. That much is obvious.

You have to start somewhere. You don't pass over qbs and hope for the FO to figure it out. With the right qb, creating drives and converting 3rd downs give def time to rest so they can fire.

This is a qb driven league period if you don't have one makes no difference what you do. Takr K-murda "yet another qb i wanted and said would succeed ijs" their oline was terrible i mean terrible, but do you hear much about there line, nope....you have the right qb making the right throws and buy you time to fix the line.

Lock ran spread in college, yes he ran a lot of screens but he also threw it deep. Please tell me what would cater to his play style....I forget the analysis name he said "even when lock has had time, he is still making bad decisions". Seems like he only shine vs prevent defense with one read options.

Elway probably won't be her much longer....

"I'm E2DS and I approve this message 👌 "

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Comment

You have to start somewhere. You don't pass over qbs and hope for the FO to figure it out. With the right qb, creating drives and converting 3rd downs give def time to rest so they can fire.

This is a qb driven league period if you don't have one makes no difference what you do. Takr K-murda "yet another qb i wanted and said would succeed ijs" their oline was terrible i mean terrible, but do you hear much about there line, nope....you have the right qb making the right throws and buy you time to fix the line.

Lock ran spread in college, yes he ran a lot of screens but he also threw it deep. Please tell me what would cater to his play style....I forget the analysis name he said "even when lock has had time, he is still making bad decisions". Seems like he only shine vs prevent defense with one read options.

Elway probably won't be her much longer....

Yes, I agree Lock looks like a bust and they need to look at other QB prospects. I said that in my post.

I just don’t think a QB switch is the only issue. Sure, you have to start somewhere, but I personally don’t trust this staff from top to bottom.

That said, I’m definitely not opposed to a QB change. We’ll see how it goes.
                              sigpic

Comment

Yes, I agree Lock looks like a bust and they need to look at other QB prospects. I said that in my post.

I just don’t think a QB switch is the only issue. Sure, you have to start somewhere, but I personally don’t trust this staff from top to bottom.

That said, I’m definitely not opposed to a QB change. We’ll see how it goes.
                                I'm not saying it will solve all our problems either.... but it will be a major one solved.

"I'm E2DS and I approve this message 👌"

Comment

Working...
                                X