Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Ok I see a few of you say the saints may be better without brees? For real? Sorry but that's just not even worth the time to argue I swear to god some of y'all will say anything to try to fit your narrative
    Why is it hard to believe that a QB pushing 40 has lost a step? Manning obviously was not the same QB his last 2 years here. We had a historically great D that bailed him out. Imo, Hill offers a different aspect to the offensive scheme that Peyton wants to utilize. I'm not saying that Hill is a good QB but with Sean at HC he can do more with Hill than he can Brees.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post

It's important for Lock and everyone else on the team to believe that they can win all 7 remaining games. You never know what might happen next. Imagine a Sunday on which Drew Lock doesn't throw any picks?
      Ha yea right. If we win all 7 of these game I will give the first ten people $100 each. Frfr

"I'm E2DS and I approve this message 👌"
      In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
        Lock going to start against Miami. Imo, if he can't get the win here he won't win a game the rest of the season. After Miami....

The dolphins are - 3.5 on spread betting with a 10 / 11 or ten elevenths addition to your stake here in england with william hill , i think they’ll cover that easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

Why is it hard to believe that a QB pushing 40 has lost a step? Manning obviously was not the same QB his last 2 years here. We had a historically great D that bailed him out. Imo, Hill offers a different aspect to the offensive scheme that Peyton wants to utilize. I'm not saying that Hill is a good QB but with Sean at HC he can do more with Hill than he can Brees.
          Was on pace for 35 td and 6 int with over 73% completion.....but whatever you say
          sigpic

Comment

• Remember when we were bestowing Drew some big time names, like Locked and Loaded? Now, in good fun, but of late it's been more Locked And Imploded...

Go Drew!! I mean stay. You can do it!!

Comment

• I had high hopes for the kid. He has many qualities you look for in a young QB.

We all knew going into this season that he’s still raw, no offseason, and there would be ups and downs.

The problem I’m having is there haven’t been many “ups”. He’s played pretty consistently poor the whole season. The most alarming lack of progress is with his mechanics, accuracy, and decision making. I personally think he’s regressed in those areas.

There’s always hope that it will click and he can reach his potential. The evidence is beginning to stack against him.

As far as team strategy, I think it’s fair to say looking at QB prospects should be in the cards.

We’ll see how it all turns out. Bottom line is I’m a Bronco fan, so I of course prefer Lock figures it out and we start to become a decent football team. I’m just not sure I’ve seen enough evidence. I still maintain my opinion that the coaching staff isn’t doing Lock or the team many favors. Still, Lock has much more to prove on the field.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by dbfansincefeb87 View Post

The dolphins are - 3.5 on spread betting with a 10 / 11 or ten elevenths addition to your stake here in england with william hill , i think they’ll cover that easily.

That's not a huge difference though is it? Looks like Vegas isn't yet totally convinced by Miami, or at least has some residual dying embers of faith in Lock.

Comment

That's not a huge difference though is it? Looks like Vegas isn't yet totally convinced by Miami, or at least has some residual dying embers of faith in Lock.

2:30 left in the 3rd qtr , dolphins 10 - 20 , lock 15 - 27 - 180 , listening to the dolphins network saying miami are getting kicked around on both o and d lines of scrimmage , yes either denver were due a decent performance or miami a bad one , its a moral victory (wherever that came from) from here anyway , we’ll see how long it lasts…

Comment

• Fitz is in now. You may still have a chance here....

Comment

Fitz is in now. You may still have a chance here....
                      i didn't take the bet , just quoted it as i thought they'd win , i know you're not necessarily saying i did , maybe the remaining games which i agreed on looked gloomy now isn't so bad as they're playing well on the o line , again we'll see....

Comment

• I was all ready to give up on Drew Lock after that first pick, and he wound up keeping his composure and we won the game! It was a learning experience.

Comment

• Notice how the offense looked better once Shurmur consistently started calling shorter passes and more runs with multiple TEs. A young team needs to build on a shorter game. His bombs away approach to this season has not done this team any favors.

sigpic

Comment

• If its an evaluation of Lock he did nothing to really put an imprint on the game. I mean it was heading for another subpar stat line. 1int 0tds 209 but a last play 61 yd made it 270yds. Not great. I still feel the team has to play great in all phases for us to win with Lock under the helm. Where are his signature wins? We really don't get those from him.

If I really think on it, I would say Houston and Chargers were his signature wins, so out of all his games he has two signature wins where it was no doubt Lock won those games with his arm.

So I'm still on the fence I'd rather upgrade at the qb position. I'm going to look around this week and compare starting qbs of who I actually think Lock is better than. Should be a fun project but me yeah I'm still thinking change is needed. We can't have a qb under center where everything has to fall into place to win. A good qb mask teams deficiencies, right now we are masking Lock's deficiencies and winning in spite of him if that makes sense.

Feel free if you disagree with what I'm saying. I just don't know if it were me that I'd hand Lock the starting job after this year. Not right now, I'm thinking we have a good idea that this is who Lock is. An average qb who may give you a great game here or there but most times you'll see average qb play mixed in with some head scratchers. I'm anxious to see this Saints game coming up and they have a great d so if Lock can dominate and keep us in it that will sway my opinion some on him in a big way.

:go:

Comment

• His ceiling at this point is a game manager. If we lose the run game we don't win, its that simple. Lock is not yet at the point where he can consistently force the run game open, if he even ever does get there
                              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Drew Lock was relatively mistake-free after those first two drives. As long as he plays adequately, this team is competitive. I’m proud of the way he bounced back after an awful start. He didn’t set the Miami defense on fire, but he played a clean game and took what they gave him instead of forcing things. If he can play like that consistently— he will be guaranteed 2021 to continue proving himself. While I think a star talent will really take us to the next level as a perennial division contender against the likes of KC, settling for a more consistent Drew Lock will give us a chance every Sunday. I don’t necessarily feel better about the QB position after today, but this was no doubt a more encouraging performance.
                                2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                                Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Working...
                                X