No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FWIW Lock was 18 of 30 for 270 yds, one pick and 9 ypa. Rushing attack produced 189 yards for 5.7 ypa including two attempts by Lock for 23 yards.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
      His ceiling at this point is a game manager. If we lose the run game we don't win, its that simple. Lock is not yet at the point where he can consistently force the run game open, if he even ever does get there
      I honestly think Lock has more potential if (if), if, he can play smarter. They said it during the game and I believe it is true, but he is fairly accurate when he sets his feet.

Lock and Shurmur are tied at the hip right now. Today's formula was good against a good team. A win today is no reason to be cocky. They both need to show they can build on success and not be stagnant, predictable, and unable to adjust.

Comment

• That QB keep was a nice play to get a first down. Need one of those a game to keep drives going

Comment

• Tonight I feel like the best thing Lock did was not get in the way of the team. The playcalling was run the ball, so the ball was ran. He did still throw it 30x but only completed 18 of those and still through a pick. Someone said his ceiling is game manager, and that might be true. But is that what we want in a QB? Do we want a game manager or an elite passer that's complimented with a great run game? I'd want the later. I'd want what we see from a few of the contenders whom do have that or had it throughout the last 3 seasons. A good pocket passer that's mobile with a great run game.

We have 2 very good running backs and an elite defense. We have potentially a nice WR corp when healthy. But Lock? Lock seems like he'd be an ok backup.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
            Tonight I feel like the best thing Lock did was not get in the way of the team. The playcalling was run the ball, so the ball was ran. He did still throw it 30x but only completed 18 of those and still through a pick. Someone said his ceiling is game manager, and that might be true. But is that what we want in a QB? Do we want a game manager or an elite passer that's complimented with a great run game? I'd want the later. I'd want what we see from a few of the contenders whom do have that or had it throughout the last 3 seasons. A good pocket passer that's mobile with a great run game.

We have 2 very good running backs and an elite defense. We have potentially a nice WR corp when healthy. But Lock? Lock seems like he'd be an ok backup.
            As of right now being a game manager would be a step up from what we've seen this year. This season, I would take it if Lock can actually do it consistently. Game manager with a cannon arm that can make D's pay if they stack the box and can take advantage of roll-outs especially using play action. That would be fine for what is kinda/sorta his second rookie season.
            Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• Drew Lock is a developing Young QB. He is our QB until we get a better one. He is learning and he played pretty well Today!
              (Had some ups and downs, which is expected in a Football game)

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                Drew Lock is a developing Young QB. He is our QB until we get a better one. He is learning and he played pretty well Today!
                (Had some ups and downs, which is expected in a Football game)
                I liked seeing him use the TE on roll-outs. That was working nicely for the most part. My inner child cried when Albert O went out for the year because I thought we had 4 top TE's that complemented each other really well with him in there.

Comment

• Also, Hamler is doing better than I thought he would and Lock seems to be developing chemistry with him, which is good. I don't know if it was an overthrow or just a miscommunication on that one big dramatic incompletion between the two.

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                    Tonight I feel like the best thing Lock did was not get in the way of the team. The playcalling was run the ball, so the ball was ran. He did still throw it 30x but only completed 18 of those and still through a pick. Someone said his ceiling is game manager, and that might be true. But is that what we want in a QB? Do we want a game manager or an elite passer that's complimented with a great run game? I'd want the later. I'd want what we see from a few of the contenders whom do have that or had it throughout the last 3 seasons. A good pocket passer that's mobile with a great run game.

When you have that kind of arm and the mobility he has, his ceiling will never cap out as a game manager. His ceiling is top 5 minimum. The question is how do you get him there. So far this season, it does seem he needs to learn the game manager role first before he can graduate to raising all boats and winning despite everything around him.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

When you have that kind of arm and the mobility he has, his ceiling will never cap out as a game manager. His ceiling is top 5 minimum. The question is how do you get him there. So far this season, it does seem he needs to learn the game manager role first before he can graduate to raising all boats and winning despite everything around him.
                      Right now his ceiling and the way he should be used as is a Game MAnager. he still has some mechanical issues and stuff holding him back. he has the the upside to be a really good QB. he just needs to be developed and improve his mechs, he throws off his back foot or doesn't step into the throw enough.
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm
                      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

Right now his ceiling and the way he should be used as is a Game MAnager. he still has some mechanical issues and stuff holding him back. he has the the upside to be a really good QB. he just needs to be developed and improve his mechs, he throws off his back foot or doesn't step into the throw enough.
                        I like to think that it is actually his potential that is holding him back. He sees plays that he think he can make but he hasn't fully changed his mindset from college to the pros, like he isn't doing the fundamental stuff because he didn't have to before. If he can get it through his head and if he can play with the discipline that the situation requires then I still think he can be something special. We'll see.

Comment

• With a healthy roster and a slightly-better than game manager Drew Lock, this team’s floor is 8-8.
                          2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                          Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• I can't really comment too much on Locks performance this game since I didn't get to watch it outside of a few highlights. It is yet another game with a terrible interception. At what point does he learn to just throw it away or check down? He lucked out this game and that mistake didn't cost the team the win.....this game.

If he wants to remain the starting QB here he HAS to stop giving the ball away. Talent, floor, ceiling....none of that matters if he continues to play this way. Elway is going to be forced to look another direction and the schedule is not going to be easy the rest of the way. I hope he can pull it out and prove something but he hasn't done it against lesser opponents.....I have my doubts

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                              I can't really comment too much on Locks performance this game since I didn't get to watch it outside of a few highlights. It is yet another game with a terrible interception. At what point does he learn to just throw it away or check down? He lucked out this game and that mistake didn't cost the team the win.....this game.

If he wants to remain the starting QB here he HAS to stop giving the ball away. Talent, floor, ceiling....none of that matters if he continues to play this way. Elway is going to be forced to look another direction and the schedule is not going to be easy the rest of the way. I hope he can pull it out and prove something but he hasn't done it against lesser opponents.....I have my doubts
                              It was an absolutely horrendous interception. But other than that he played ok. Play calling seemed to line up with where he is as a player in his career. He made good reads and wasn’t staring receivers down as much. It was a definite improvement over the past two weeks. Defense played well minus the touchdown drive after the interception.

This can be looked at two ways and it all depends on how they play next week. Either this was just a “trap game” for a strong Miami team or it’s something to build on and Lock puts the past few horrible games behind him and plays some good football down the stretch.

Personally, as much as I enjoyed the win, I’m leaning more towards “trap game” until Lock proves me wrong.
                              #swapping

Comment

• I'm sorry but I just don't think lock has what it takes to start in the nfl... 7 td 11 int. Not to mention he constantly overthrows by a lot
                                Last edited by BroncosFanInPA; 11-22-2020, 09:37 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X